Quantcast

Joyner trooper rev limiter

Tobie1987

silverbullet

The Rev limiter is there to save engine.This engine dose not produce any hp gains or torque at a higher rpm.And with the turbo charger it will come apart.Turbo kits just don't work on these engines.That is why super charging is the only way to go.If you want more top end go with bigger tires.Hope this helps.

Thanks Rich

• Like 1

Thinking about goin with a smaller turbo to spool faster on the low end.. the t3 turbo I have is too big and it doesn't get spool until the the high end.. I need more low end.. bigger tires would gear it up ..I'm running 26s now.. i hill climb and rock most of the the time..

• 2 weeks later...

changing out your turbo would be where I would start,have found contrary to Silverbullets experience that a turbo can and does work very well on the trooper.besides poor plumbing,and poor fuel control...the most common mistake is too large a turbo   just my 3 cents...Hardy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I run a turbo with 30" mud tires on my T2, top speed is around 55 which I seldom get to.  I still have plenty of power in deep snow or mud which is where most of my riding is.  I replaced the rad with a much larger four core one which keeps the heat down.  

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, Tobie1987 said:

I was wondering if anybody has done anything to change there rev limiter.. mine is 6,000 rpms now.. I'd like to get it set at aleast 7,000 rpms to maybe 8,000 rpms..to help my turbo get spooled up alittle more..

Silverbullet

You will blow up your engine at any whear near those RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, Tobie1987 said:

I was wondering if anybody has done anything to change there rev limiter.. mine is 6,000 rpms now.. I'd like to get it set at aleast 7,000 rpms to maybe 8,000 rpms..to help my turbo get spooled up alittle more..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The torque curve and the horsepower curve are different.  But one unique thing about these curves is they meet when the engine RPM is 5252. It's an engineering thing that you can research.  That is where the engine at its highest efficiency but not necessarily where you'd want the engine to operate all the time.  So spinning the engine faster results in less torque and horsepower unless you add a super/turbo charger.  I would be concerned with spinning these engines much faster than about 6000 RPMs for a long time that the engine would stay together.