Quantcast

800 Joyner engine Gage's don't work

All Gage's except the speedometer and tachometer.  I do understand that these two Gage's are fed from the computer and the rest from sending units.  For the engine oil pressure, engine temperature, alternator, and fuel Gage's, I have checked fuses, sending units and wiring harnesses for loose or broken wires, and have even changed out one of the Gage's but nothing has changed.  I have read forums and have not been able to gather any information to assist me.  Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I have a Renegade but the wiring is probably close to the same.  Take a close look at your speedometer and tachometer connections.  There's one wire that goes to all of  your gauges including the speedometer and tachometer.  A break in the wire at one of those two (speed or tach) will interrupt the power going to the rest of the gauges.  That's the only thing common to all of your gauges (other than the fuse which you said   is good).  I should ask if your warning lights work.  They are powered from that same wire.  If they don't operate, then I'm leaning to a bad connection at the speed or tachometer.

Trooper Wiring.jpg

Edited by Dan B
Add image to clearify answer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.