Quantcast

Travis

What Oil to use?

20 minutes ago, Travis said:

Should i use Brandname 10w40 or should i go with Kawachem. "kawasaki" oils?

Most UTVs/ATVs need to have additives in the oil so putting regular branded automotive motor oil isn't usually recommended. For years I have always used Valvoline 4 stroke ATV oil but any of the ATV type oils are usually sufficient unless a manufacturer recommends otherwise. 😁

I've been running Supertech for the last 2 yrs in my Mule. I was thinking since with a newly built engine, i might go with Kawasaki's oils.

silverbullert

Remove the oil filler cap, fill oil (SAE 10W/30-50) about 3.86 liters to the engine.This is what oil joyner recomends if engine is broken in than you can go synthetic or a good quality oil.We use the castor oil is a good quality oil.Try to get a Wix oil filter they make a good quality filter.Oil  10  w 30.

Thank You

On 7/25/2017 at 10:10 PM, Alex said:

Most UTVs/ATVs need to have additives in the oil so putting regular branded automotive motor oil isn't usually recommended. For years I have always used Valvoline 4 stroke ATV oil but any of the ATV type oils are usually sufficient unless a manufacturer recommends otherwise. 1f601.png

All it says in my manual is use 10W30 or 10w40 oil... I don't know why, but i have a suspicion about UTV company oils, Like Kawachem, Yamalube etc.... I don't why but i do. I think I'll try the valvoline 4 stroke.

Thanks @Alex

Plus, Kawasaki  or at least on Amazon, wants $13 for a quart bottle!

Walmart has it for 4.00 a bottle, but its says ATV oil, but im sure as long as its 4 cycle its good.

And can you or anyone explain to me the difference between 4 cycle and 2 cycle motor oil?

Edited by Travis
Adding

When I bought Kawasaki Dirt bikes (100's); the dealer told me to use  Castrol 10W30 only (with filter). According  to him anything that runs high RPM's needs a quality oil like Castrol. He said that most other oils had a paraffin base; and Castrol did not  Not knowing; I followed his advice. Now everything I have uses the Castrol. O'Riley runs it on sale always; and I use their Microgard Filter. The specs are the same as Wix. A 5 quart oil change and two filters does Mule and the Cub Cadet