Quantcast

2014 Renegade 1100cc 4WD Engagement

Dan B

I'm new to 4WD.  I have a 2014 Renegade T2, 1100cc engine, 1700 mi.  I'm having difficulty selecting 4WD.  I don't want to do anything that might cause damage.  The only info I can find is to bring the UTV to a complete stop before selecting 4WD.  When I do that, the handle doesn't seem to engage 4WD; it doesn't stay in the down position.  Do I have to release the clutch?  Do I have to drive forward / backward to make it engage?  I don't think I have a transmission problem (no grinding of any gears).  Maybe a cable adjustment issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it has to connect the front axles to the drive train either through the differential or inside the transaxle itself.  In my research, it's in the front differential.  I'm reluctant to take anything apart at this point since I'm new to 4WD and off-roading.  I just want to know if the lever is operating normally.  I don't want it to pop out of 4WD on the fly and maybe cause damage.

Thank you for any info and insight you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.