Quantcast

Hisun Sector 250 oil dipstick?

Orebonder

Hello.....brand new to this site.

i just bought a new Hisun Sector 250 for my Grandson. I purchased the unit from Rural King in Greenville, Ohio . 

First question: I ordered a Sector 250,.... But received a Vector 250. They look identical, just not sure why is has a "Vector 250" label on it.

Question# 2:. How do you check the oil level in the unit? The owners manual say to "remove the dipstick and check..." There is no dipstick!! There is a black plastic cap, but no dipstick. I've never heard of any machine not having a way to check the oil. 

Question# 3: Where is the oil filter? The picture in my owners manual does not seem to match my motor?

We really like the unit. We purchased thus one because of the size...doesn't take up much space in the barn. It has plenty  of power for what we want to use it for.

Does this unit have oil in the transmission? The manual says to check the automatic transmission, but it does not tell how or where?

thanks

looking forward to some helpful ideas, suggestions etc..

John

I wonder what the deal is on the "Vector" name?? I got that info right off of the Hisun website, but maybe they changed the name of Sector to Vector; just the opposite of what I thought I read?  Anyway, I apologize for the mis-information John.  Which post has the info about the Walker Quiet-Flow??  Is it more quiet in the cab and where did you get it?

Charlie

Hi Charlie.....the info about the Walker muffler is in the "Hisun discussion" area. ...and yes it us much quieter

i have attached two videos showing / hearing the dufference. I'm ver happy with the change .

regarding the Vector name....I hope I didn't get an NOS unit... The certificate states it is a 12-12-2017...but I don't know if that is when they pulled it from their inventory...??

John

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bill Kresge
      Been using our beloved 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO for many years to get us around with tools, feed, and other farm work. Each winter it has plowed us out of just about anything north central WA winters have thrown at us.  Problem is I'm going to be 70 this year and riding around in the open with temps in the teens and plowing 4,000 of gravel driveway is getting tougher.
      So we are looking for a strictly utilitarian UTV. No trail riding, no need for beverage cups, no bluetooth speaker systems, not a diesel and not electric Just a good solid vehicle with a full cab, something that I can hook a snow plow system to that will handle up to 8 to 12" of snow once every few years but mostly 4 to 6" at a time. Probably my last buy and I'd like something reliable with some longevity, not too hard to find parts for and that I can do a fair amount of the work on.
      Does such a piece of equipment that meets those requirements even exist anymore and if so I'd appreciate some recommendations. Thanks
    • By Travis
      Had some of that bedliner  left over, so I decided to do the floorboard as it was in rough shape, cosmetic wise. surprised it didn't leave brush marks.
    • By Steve Vanvelzen
      I Recently purchased a Massimo T-Boss 550F last fall with their 60" snow thrower because I couldn't find a decent UTV here in Southern Ontario; nothing in stock anywhere. I am having really bad buyer's remorse after spending time on it and reading all the bad online reviews. The company boasts the fact that it is built in Texas, USA, so I was hoping to do the right thing by buying, "Made In North America" but it is still Chinese Junk, assembled in the USA. and I am starting to realize that I am going to have a lot of difficulty getting parts for this thing; I can't even get an oil filter, finally bought a "Hisun" filter and hope it fits. i busted the shear pins in the snow thrower and can't find replacements for that either. The thing is so hard to change gears most of the time; I am terrified I am going to wreck something. The place I purchased it from is absolutely useless. Can I adjust something myself? Anyone out there have this problem and have some advice (besides selling it and buying a good brand)?
    • By BadRadDadNV
      Got what I hope was a good deal on a Coleman 400 aka Hisun HS400. Previous owner returned it to TSC and it wouldn’t start. I pulled the plug and it’s fouled. Cleaned it and it sputtered, but fouled again. I did test for spark after cleaning and had a nice white spark. Plug is an NGK R DR8EA. I will be getting a new plug and a fuel filter to install inline. I was going to open up the fuel tank and check for debris and drain the tank as I have no clue how old the current gas is. Currently it won’t start so just trying to get it going so I can trouble shoot the rest.

My plan.
      Pull airbox and check for obstructions and clogged filters, replace.
      Crank and check plug.
      Disconnect 02 sensor and see if it starts
      Check timing chain tension

Any other things I should look at. The plugs seem to have some oil, but that could be carbon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • eManualOnline
    • By eBird
      New to the forum and to UTVs. Just bought a Polaris RZR 900 Trail Ultimate this week. Haven't taken it out yet, but fortunately love close enough to high desert public lands (BLM) to drive there from the house. Looking forward to picking up some pointers from y'all.
  • Gallery Images