Quantcast

Hisun Utv 500 help

Jcherbert1

I'm wondering if someone can help me with an issue that has brought me to my wits end with my 2008 Hisun UTV 500.

This thing was running fine and it sputtered then died. I pulled the spark plug and there was no spark so I replaced the ignition coil, no luck. Then replaced the stator-magneto-pick up coil, still nothing. I then replaced the cdi with still no luck. I removed the wiring harness and went through it to look for any obvious issues and found only one, a capacitor at the rectifier connection which I replace as well with no luck. The spark plug was replaced today and same shit, nothing. The plug I have connected to an alligator clip and grounded to the engine. I know it has to be something simple but my simple mind cannot seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would help. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You've replace all the components that can cause loss of spark.  Is the gap between the pickup coil and the pulse rotor close?  Gap shouldn't be much more than the thickness of a business card.  I don't know if it is adjustable on your machine.  Check your ground connections.  Do you have battery voltages where they should be with the ignition switch on?  You may have to find a Hisun dealer.  I can only find general diagrams for CDI systems, nothing specific to your machine.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I have the same problem, and the electric furl pump can not run. At end, I make a new ground negativ directly at the electric pump, and all is OK. I don’t where is the problem before, I chek all parts, and at end only the negativ don’t be correct at the electric fuel pump. I write from panama, and here many sellers and nobody  to help you for Hisun.

the problem, it’s difficult to found a repair service manual for Hisun 500 ES year 2018 

It’s very easy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Bill Kresge
      Been using our beloved 2005 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO for many years to get us around with tools, feed, and other farm work. Each winter it has plowed us out of just about anything north central WA winters have thrown at us.  Problem is I'm going to be 70 this year and riding around in the open with temps in the teens and plowing 4,000 of gravel driveway is getting tougher.
      So we are looking for a strictly utilitarian UTV. No trail riding, no need for beverage cups, no bluetooth speaker systems, not a diesel and not electric Just a good solid vehicle with a full cab, something that I can hook a snow plow system to that will handle up to 8 to 12" of snow once every few years but mostly 4 to 6" at a time. Probably my last buy and I'd like something reliable with some longevity, not too hard to find parts for and that I can do a fair amount of the work on.
      Does such a piece of equipment that meets those requirements even exist anymore and if so I'd appreciate some recommendations. Thanks
    • By John Graves
      I have a brand new Mule with less than 20 hours. Every time the weather gets below 10 degrees, the spark plug fouls out and the Mule won’t start. The dealer is aware of the problem,because the first time it happened he came to my farm with a plug and wrench in hand and it started right up. I don’t want to have to replace the spark plug every time it gets below 10 degrees. 
    • By BadRadDadNV
      Got what I hope was a good deal on a Coleman 400 aka Hisun HS400. Previous owner returned it to TSC and it wouldn’t start. I pulled the plug and it’s fouled. Cleaned it and it sputtered, but fouled again. I did test for spark after cleaning and had a nice white spark. Plug is an NGK R DR8EA. I will be getting a new plug and a fuel filter to install inline. I was going to open up the fuel tank and check for debris and drain the tank as I have no clue how old the current gas is. Currently it won’t start so just trying to get it going so I can trouble shoot the rest.

My plan.
      Pull airbox and check for obstructions and clogged filters, replace.
      Crank and check plug.
      Disconnect 02 sensor and see if it starts
      Check timing chain tension

Any other things I should look at. The plugs seem to have some oil, but that could be carbon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • By Alex
      Earlier this week — and after much anticipation — Lexus unveiled the new 2022 LX 600 SUV. It's a luxurious American version of the new Land Cruiser and shares a V6 powertrain with the new Toyota Tundra pickup. The LX wasn't a shock; it's just about the most characteristically "Lexus" vehicle one could imagine, except perhaps the LS sedan. But Lexus also released a different vehicle you would not have expected this week.
      At the end of the LX announcement video, Lexus teased a new mobility concept called the "Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle," or ROV. It's an all-terrain vehicle — or, as we will choose to interpret it, a supremely badass golf cart — that runs on a hydrogen combustion engine. Sadly, Lexus did not include an utterly superfluous spindle grille, although the shape of the front end will certainly remind you of that shape.

An ATV makes perfect sense as a showcase for hydrogen combustion. One of the technology's most significant drawbacks for current production use is that it can't produce as much power as gasoline combustion engines with the same size engine footprint. So a low-speed wood path cruiser could get away with far less power than a recreational on-highway vehicle.
      Read more from source: https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a37974052/lexus-off-road-atv-concept/
    • eManualOnline
    • By Kody Dycus
      Ok so it’s brand new, first time taking it out it struggled going past 35ish on a slight incline and seems the “top speed” is only 45mph? Has anyone gotten theirs to go any faster? If so how? Is there a speed limiter/governor on these? I know, if I want speed buy something else, BUT I just want to be able to go 50mph because where we hunt we have to ride in and can’t unload anywhere that’s safe besides in town. Any help is appreciated!!
  • Gallery Images