Quantcast

Jcherbert1

Hisun Utv 500 help

I'm wondering if someone can help me with an issue that has brought me to my wits end with my 2008 Hisun UTV 500.

This thing was running fine and it sputtered then died. I pulled the spark plug and there was no spark so I replaced the ignition coil, no luck. Then replaced the stator-magneto-pick up coil, still nothing. I then replaced the cdi with still no luck. I removed the wiring harness and went through it to look for any obvious issues and found only one, a capacitor at the rectifier connection which I replace as well with no luck. The spark plug was replaced today and same shit, nothing. The plug I have connected to an alligator clip and grounded to the engine. I know it has to be something simple but my simple mind cannot seem to figure it out. Any suggestions would help. 

• Like 1

How long has it been grounded to the engine with the clip, Could it be corroded?   I'll try to do some reading on the net.

Do you have power going to ignition? Could be ignition switch. Had that issue on my Ural. Is yours a carb or fi. Do you hear the pump running when you turn key on?

You've replace all the components that can cause loss of spark.  Is the gap between the pickup coil and the pulse rotor close?  Gap shouldn't be much more than the thickness of a business card.  I don't know if it is adjustable on your machine.  Check your ground connections.  Do you have battery voltages where they should be with the ignition switch on?  You may have to find a Hisun dealer.  I can only find general diagrams for CDI systems, nothing specific to your machine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Hisun 750 crew 2016

I have a 2016 750 crew (it is a Cub Cadet but same machine). It has 108 hours, 49 miles. Basically new, but I got it used with 22 miles on it. The guy said it was too big, and that he wanted a RZR. It ran great for a little over a year. It then developed a rough idle and won't wind up to get past about 20 mph in high range. I have tried countless things, and I keep coming back to overfueling. It doesn' seem to be throwing a code.  I have done the following... Spark plug (multiple times) Check, clean air filter  Sprayed brake clean around intake while running (to be sure it isn' sucking air). Checked valve adjustment Replaced fuel pump assy., after breaking it trying to remove to check in tank filter. Checked wiring and connections Checked/cleaned spark arrestor screen Replaced fuel, trying different octane.  Checked compression. Compression should be 1200 kpa,  mine was between 700 and 800 kpa.  Also noticed oil had been increasing and is now milky looking. I figured gas in oil due to overfueling. Dad said milky or foamy meant coolant in oil so we figured blown head gasket. So, we put a new head gasket on it. Old one didn't look blown. Valves were tight like new, could still see cross hatch marks in cylinder wall (like new as it IS still new!) Put it all back together, torqued bolts properly etc... no change. Still runs poorly, compression still low! I don't think it is a compression issue. We pulled the rocker cover back off to check out the automatic compression release that we had noticed on the timing chain  sproket on the end of the camshaft. It seems to be working properly. Then a lightbulb went off. "Automatic compression release" appears to slightly open an exhaust valve... when?... while cranking engine to start. There is no way that we're going to get 1200 kpa compression (unless I were to back that exhaust valve way off)! I may try that when I re-install the rocker cover.   Anyway, I'm pretty convinced that it is fuel in the oil, and that it is over fueling like I originally suspected. But how do I know the cause?? Book says over fueling could be caused by Air Pressure sensor, o2 sensor, Solar Term door position fault, or ECU program error or damage. Those are some pricey parts.  Any input??  

By Budmanbiker, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 9 replies
    • Hisun/Massimo 400 Fuel in Airbox

Hi,  Just purchased a 2015 Massimo 400 EFI. While I was cleaning the air filter sponge I noticed fuel was dripping out of the air box. Any ideas where this may be coming from?  Since it has electronic fuel injection I wouldn't think a carb float would be stuck or something like that.  Any advice is appreciated.  

By Kannon09, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • 2008 hisun rear axles

Are the yamaha rhino rear axles the same I have a 2008 big muddy made by hisun and the rear axles for hisun are expensive and the rhino is about half the price? Thanks if anyone has info

By Charles Newton Jr., in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • Slow 2017 HiSun Strike 250

Guys, I need some expert help..  I just bought a 2017 HiSUN Strike 250 and was real disappointed to find out that there is an electronic spark cut out at 30 mph.  Every article that I read prior to purchase said that the unit could hit 45-50 mph with the pedal stop screw removed.  Not the case with my machine.  Never bothered to ask the dealer before purchase, so it is my fault...  My guess is that HiSun got some flack about thier "kids" machine doing 50 mph and were forced to add the electronic limiter..  Can anyone verify that previous to the 2017 model that the machine can actually could do 45-50mph with the just pedal screw removed?  If so, what RPM is it at when doing 45-50 mph.  Maybe I can get an older version of the Delphi ECU, assuming that is where the spark cut out is located...? The machine is definitly full featured, but as you all mention, needs to be gone over after purchase.  A-men to stipped screws, and if you suffer from a crazy squeak sound that sounds like chains dragging, check the torque on the suspension a-arms and shocks.  Ours were so tight, we could barley get them loose and the suspension would not move, essentially zero travel.  Once we lightened up the torque, greased the plastic bushings, and added blue threadlocker, the suspension actually worked and all the squeaks went away.  Also have same problem with the shift linkage rubbing on pipe and also pipe rubbing on chassis.. This weeks project! Any help on the speed would be awesome!

By Fun Dad, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 47 replies
    • Hisun 400 UTV leak from side of transmission

I have a Hisun 400 UTV that has developed a sneaky oil leak from the end of the black plastic thing protruding from the side of what I think is the transmission on the driver’s side. Looking for any guidance or advice as to what this thing is and whether it’s fixable.

By Davo, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 6 replies