Quantcast

what to do with old Joyner ?

Nokie

You have a few options depending upon its age and general condition.

1.  Replace the differential

2.  Sell it as-is

3.  Part it out.

4.  Weld a patch over the hole (if the differential casing is weldable).

We can't really decide for you.  We can only give you options.  Probably #2 or #3 because of it being 11 years old unless you can get a free or very low priced differential.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Amyjou
      Our 2017 Textron Stampede 900 died when driving it (after making a terrible noise).  Now it won’t start. Checked oil and there wasn’t any.  Was given advice that the engine would need to be replaced. Trying to find a used or rebuilt one.  Any recommendations or leads on how I can find one?
    • By Ric Silveira
      Like to upgrade to led headlight bulbs
      Anyone know what part number I need to replace the original  bulbs they are terrible cant see anything lol
      Thanks
    • By Green Scout
      Hello everyone.
      Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
      All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
      The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
      Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

• By Josh Lounder
      I acquired an older HISUN BIG BUCK 500 that hasn't run in years.  Little elbow grease and she's running.  I have a few more parts to switch out but when revving the engine over 4K the r light starts blinking.  After googling and seeing other people I replaced the rev limit switch under the air box and found the same issue.  I traced the green and white stripe wire back to the computer module and found no breaks in the wire and cleaned the connectors.  Still same issue.  I then cut the wire right at the plug and grounded it directly to the battery.  I can now rev over 4k rpm however the light still blinks and when in reverse the light no longer lights up.  Anyone else run into this?  Can R light blinking mean something else.....HELP, what am i missing?????
    • eManualOnline
    • By Chuck Winburn
      I bought an axis 500 brand new, hauled it home and the light indicator for 4 wheel drive is not working.  Is there a something the store didnt tell me, or is it messed up right off the assembly line? Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By farmcrew
      I recently got a 2007 Commando 650 C4 and I'm in the process of going through it from stem to stern. The AZ sun has really taken it's toll on all the plastic and rubber. One CV boot is torn and the others are probably not far behind. Most of the rubber on the control cable ends are on bad shape and the steering rack boots are almost completely disintegrated. Anyone have a source for the steering rack boots?
    • By David Dewayne Reel Sr.
      Hi, I was hoping to find an "in-color" diagram, at least, of the wiring from the speedometer and where all the wires are connected.
      The entire wiring of the entire side-by-side would be wonderful!!!
      I purchased a used 2008 Joyner Commando 650 2 seater from an individual and they butchered the wiring...something has come lose and I cannot for the life of me tell where it is supposed to connect. It is a ground wire and is till connected to the frame but I don't know where else it is suppose to connect.
      What makes me think it goes to the speedometer is that when it came lose, the speedometer immediately stopped working.
      If anyone can help me with this, I would appreciate it tremendously. There is nothing on Joyner's website...and I already looked on YouTube to no avail...might be something there but I could not find it...
    • By MudAndSand
      I've blown a head gasket and am in the process of removing head. Does anyone know if the timing chain can be removed with out taking the sprocket cover off? I've found a light colored link but don't see if it can be tapped apart there or not. Reluctant to do any more tear down than I need to. Thanks.
    • By Gorson
      does anyone have any knowledge of these clutchless automatic manual shift utvs? I have a 4 seater 4x4 650 that the wiring has been butchered and there is no longer a shifter knob. I'm just curious to know if anyone has a wiring diagram or any knowledge of these units without a clutch pedal and are electric shifted and not cable gear driven
    • By bmoody4550
      I recently got a 2006 Joyner 650cc Commando. It was not running when i got it.
      I put a new fuel pump and alternator and is up and running.
      My problem is when I originally got it started it seemed I didn't have 1st gear.  I was able to get it moving from 2nd and was sure I got it into 3rd.
      In my process of diagnosing the first gear issue and I realize I have first gear because it is where I thought 3rd gear was. But now I don't seem to have 3rd or 4th gear.
      The shifter itself seems sloppy and needs a little rehab if that is possible. Replacement available?
      Cables are worn so I don't know if they have too much play to properly shift. Can't seem to find any cables available to replace. 
      Can someone tell me which cable should be first and second and 3rd and 4th? One is black and the other is red.
      Ultimately it may be a transmission problem internally.
      As long as I have 1st and 2nd the machine will work for me going through the woods picking up wood.
      Any help is greatly appreciated.
      New to this if you can't tell.
      Thanks

• Gallery Images