Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

A little confusion...

Once i get the cylinder honed, the only remaining problem is the crankshaft shim..  And i have a few questions.

1. In the manual it gives a solution to the problem i'm having of the crank NOT spinning when the cover on (by hand).

2.  And i just can't wrap what's left of my brain around the instructions, i guess use a caliper to measure? (instructions  circled in red)

(my brother has been helping me, he's fairly knowledgeable with this stuff, but more Diesel engines than anything) and he says to use a dial indicator set up, and to use this* as a spec for end play. and that would help us get the measurements needed in picture #2.

1st pic is the runout. But is it the same as crankshaft end play? 🤔

MULE1.PNG.dc28869aa213ef6171b23dd867e4c704.PNG

2nd pic is of the instructions (solution) to get the correct shim.

I don't know, maybe this makes sense the way i wrote it.

Thanks, Travis.MULE2.thumb.PNG.790078c069e0aa803bd45fadc9ff522c.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• By Wyatt Carneal
      Hey guys.
      I have a 2009 hisun 700 I bought bout 2 weeks ago and it was running fine but was hard to start but once warm it fire rite up  i took the  air filter off and it was nasty so I gave it a good cleaning and it hasn't started since. Its cranking over really slow I replaced the starter. I also replaced the batery. It acts like its not releasing decompression  I found a service manual on line and downloaded it and it said the intake valves setting .010-.015 mm  and exhaust is .015-.020 and they all was set on .008 intake and exhaust. And the timing is set I set the intake to .012 and exhaust to .016 and it still cracks over really slow I'm lost and don't know wat else it could be. Anyone have any ideas.  And help would be great thanks .
    • By Whisper Snowbird
      Fuel pump runs but nothing is getting tô it. I tried putting a vacuum on the outlet hose of pump and it wouldn't pull anything. This machine sat for a year and a half unused. Is there a way to prime the lines?  What could be the cause of the fuel not getting tô the pump? 
    • By coryallen
      Hello,
      I have a  question that I cannot seem to find the answers for:
      1) Where can I download the service manual? 
      Thanks 

Edit:  Talked to Matt over at https://warriorsoffroad.com/ and he answered most of my questions!!
    • By iflybyu
      Good morning,

I am new to the Hisun world.  I am trying to track down the part pictured in this post.  Can anyone help me out?

I just picked up a 2010 Strike 800  that I intend to set up with hand controls so that my disabled son can use it on dirtroads, etc.
      Mike

• By Legless
      Unusual topic, I guess.
      I'm unable to walk and just had hand controls installed on my new Mule.
      I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the brakes (freeplay, hydraulics, etc) to increase "responsiveness" of brakes. I need them to engage more quickly. In other words, I have to really lay on the hand controls hard to get the brakes to activate. The brake pedal (via the hand control) has to move quite a distance before the brakes start to engage (and I am unable to lock them up). I guess I need to make the brakes more "touchy". The hand control system is far from perfect, but it's all I've got.
      Any thoughts?
      Thanks.
      KC
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By jgreg
      Hello.  I have 2006 kawasaki mule 3010 trans 4x4 that has the drivers side wheel turning inwards while the passenger side is straight.  What would cause this to happen and what would you suggest to repair.  Thanks.  Adjusted the tie rods, but wont fix this.
    • By Earl Middleton
      I have acquired an older Kawasaki Mule 2010 with KAF 540C engine.  The engine is shot so I have the option to either rebuild or replace.  I am thinking a swap to a three cyl diesel out of a Toro mower.  Anyone tried this?  The only reason I am considering this is because I have the mower which is inoperable.  The engine runs great so just wondering if this swap would be feasible?????

• By Travis
      Before
      Crank un-installedPiston INSTALLED after honing.Crank installed after honing.

Last pic is honed.
      Kind of blurry, took it with one hand. It looks better in person. It may not be professional quality but im 99.99999999999999999% sure it will work.
      Did better than I thought i would.

So now, only ONE more obstacle. the crankshaft axial play adjustment BUT
      I need someones opinion ( i took the piston back out afterwards) not sure if you can see it, but in the picture with cylinder honed, it's almost right where the  glare from the light is, and on top of the cylinder directly across from the spot, it looks like the hone didn't get ruffed up.  any ideas? out of round cylinder, cylinder wore and needs bored??