Quantcast

Whisper Snowbird

2009 Joyner trooper fueling problem

Fuel pump runs but nothing is getting tô it. I tried putting a vacuum on the outlet hose of pump and it wouldn't pull anything. This machine sat for a year and a half unused. Is there a way to prime the lines?  What could be the cause of the fuel not getting tô the pump? 

Replace the fuel filter behind the gas tank. Mine was partially stopped up after 1000 miles, but the replacement has been good for the last 4000 miles...I got one at autozone that worked.

I just found that problem. The guy who had it before me had put a marine fuel water separator on it. Darn thing was that's into the base.  Lol just waiting for amazon to bring me a new one

Rock on...the Joyner is awesome. Can’t tell you the times I have hauled one of the Polaris guys back to get their trailer because of a broken axle. My buddies call it the family truckster!
Just took a short ride about town and along the railroad trail here in Tennessee...have tags on mine.
044c18d87262d8176b00734ac8788f20.jpg

Now I have a super long extended crank no start. Eventually it starts and runs well. Any ideas? I may need new injectors. Do you know what I can replace them with that is not chery?

May not be. I also think there it could be a leak in the fuel line up stream from the pump. One thT only manifests when negative pressure is applied. 

Can you connect a fuel pressure gauge to see if it takes a long time to build fuel pressure?  Could be a fuel pressure regulator leaking internally or the fuel pump itself not providing sufficient pressure soon enough (slow build up of pressure).  On  my Renegade (same engine as the Trooper), I have to wait about 5 seconds  with the ignition on before I can start the engine.  That gives time for the computer to boot up and  the fuel pump time to build up pressure (I can hear the fuel pump run  for about 4 secs, then turn off).