Quantcast

Hisun 700 fuel pump wire harness

Chris B

Hi,

Don't know much about anything utv but I figured out my fuel pump wiring harness needed to be replaced. Installation looks pretty straightforward, plug into fuel pump and plug in the two pigtails. Question is: one of the Pigtails on the old harness I am replacing had a splice in the black wire and attached to a bolt on the engine. Is this necessary?  Is the black wire, I'm assuming it's the ground, grounded at the other end of the pigtail?

Any black wire in a factory harness of a 12V system will be a chasis ground.  It may have multiple points where it connects to the frame.  This is done as 1. A redundancy and 2. To ground separate pieces of the chasis that are electrically separated by a urethane suspension bushing.  

Also, the closer a ground wire connects to the frame from an electrical component the less "noise" is introduced to the circuit.  Not that big a deal for basic systems but it matters a lot for sensitive electronics like audio and video systems.  Additionally, its "safer" because electrical current runs from negative to positive, so the shorter the ground wire the shorter the current path through a skinny wire is.  

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Mine looks the same - mods mine - the pump quit - checked for voltage at the connector you are showing and it was fine - almost ready to erroneously replace an expensive and perfectly good fuel pump until I happened to realize that I had hooked my meter to ground with an alligator clip and was only probing the hot side - I grounded the black wire to a frame bolt and pump came alive - your post tells me that my problem is not unique - "nothing new under the sun" lol 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tombo
      How can i Disconnect Hisun 700 2017 UTV  40 km/h speed limiter ? Preferably with a switch. 

• By Louis Limoges
      Hey guys ! I installed a snow track set on my 550 UTV last year and it does a great job even though the engine is not that big. Broke 2 wheel studs so I temporatily replaced them with bolts but I would like to go back to the studs before reinstalling the tracks this winter. Any idea what the default studs are so I can order replacements ? Thx !
      Edit : Any reseller to recommend if I want to order them online in Canada ? 
    • By Ric Silveira
      I like to get ngk idirinium plug for it anyone know part number.
      Thank you
    • By Alex
      Earlier this week — and after much anticipation — Lexus unveiled the new 2022 LX 600 SUV. It's a luxurious American version of the new Land Cruiser and shares a V6 powertrain with the new Toyota Tundra pickup. The LX wasn't a shock; it's just about the most characteristically "Lexus" vehicle one could imagine, except perhaps the LS sedan. But Lexus also released a different vehicle you would not have expected this week.
      At the end of the LX announcement video, Lexus teased a new mobility concept called the "Recreational Off-Highway Vehicle," or ROV. It's an all-terrain vehicle — or, as we will choose to interpret it, a supremely badass golf cart — that runs on a hydrogen combustion engine. Sadly, Lexus did not include an utterly superfluous spindle grille, although the shape of the front end will certainly remind you of that shape.

An ATV makes perfect sense as a showcase for hydrogen combustion. One of the technology's most significant drawbacks for current production use is that it can't produce as much power as gasoline combustion engines with the same size engine footprint. So a low-speed wood path cruiser could get away with far less power than a recreational on-highway vehicle.
      Read more from source: https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a37974052/lexus-off-road-atv-concept/
    • eManualOnline
    • By johnpeter
      2019 Arctic Cat UTV/Utility WILDCAT XX On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/255174885571?

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Tombo
      How can i Disconnect Hisun 700 2017 UTV  40 km/h speed limiter ? Preferably with a switch. 

• By Zero
      So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following
      -New fuel filter
      -New injector
      -New spark plug
      -New coil pack and plug wire
      -New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.
    • By ANIL SEDALI
      Hi friends. I'm Anıl. I live in Turkey. I have a Hisun 700 UTV 2015 Models. My problem is : 
      inability to change gear after the engine has started. Before the engine starts, it can shift into all gears; but after running, I cannot change gear. At about 3000 km. Fuel injection model. Can anyone help on this topic? Thank you!
    • By albert schewe
      my name is albert i have in my shop a hs700utv that im getting no fire to coil i replaced the cdi  and checked the relays and ignition switch out getting power to the cdi but nothing to coil and i didn't find any broken wires. they said that it was running fine and then it just stopped and  wasn't getting any power to the coil  is their another sensor on here that will stop it from firing  i have looked at a wiring diagram but im not seeing  anything different from what i know  i checked the cdi and im getting fire to it but not to coil and this is a second coil no difference  and also this is a delphi cdi 2 port is their any way to check it i know im getting power to the black  plug in cdi  on the # 10 the green and black wire but nothing else the blue and black wire is opposite of it the emergency brake and neutral switch is working  is their a obd II plug for this i found one in back of pickup bed but i cant find a scanner but im not sure if it is one  and im getting power to the stator the threee wires  im at a lost here 
    • By Julie Doeppke
      We bought a Hisun 700 UTV, used. It has an issue when you run it in high. It drives but acts like it is shifting when you get around 35mph. Clutch looks good. Read many articles and not sure transmission or something in rear of UTV. Looking for any advice.     
  • Gallery Images