Quantcast

Hisun 700 fuel pump wire harness

Chris B

Hi,

Don't know much about anything utv but I figured out my fuel pump wiring harness needed to be replaced. Installation looks pretty straightforward, plug into fuel pump and plug in the two pigtails. Question is: one of the Pigtails on the old harness I am replacing had a splice in the black wire and attached to a bolt on the engine. Is this necessary?  Is the black wire, I'm assuming it's the ground, grounded at the other end of the pigtail?

Any black wire in a factory harness of a 12V system will be a chasis ground.  It may have multiple points where it connects to the frame.  This is done as 1. A redundancy and 2. To ground separate pieces of the chasis that are electrically separated by a urethane suspension bushing.  

Also, the closer a ground wire connects to the frame from an electrical component the less "noise" is introduced to the circuit.  Not that big a deal for basic systems but it matters a lot for sensitive electronics like audio and video systems.  Additionally, its "safer" because electrical current runs from negative to positive, so the shorter the ground wire the shorter the current path through a skinny wire is.  

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

Mine looks the same - mods mine - the pump quit - checked for voltage at the connector you are showing and it was fine - almost ready to erroneously replace an expensive and perfectly good fuel pump until I happened to realize that I had hooked my meter to ground with an alligator clip and was only probing the hot side - I grounded the black wire to a frame bolt and pump came alive - your post tells me that my problem is not unique - "nothing new under the sun" lol 

• 3 years later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.