Quantcast

Mule Not Charging still after new Regulator

Pamm r

I had a guy come over and help as I don't know much about digital meters.  My stator seems to be doing ok.  Did a wire test from stator plug all the way to the regulator and then to battery.  No broken wires.  So it seems to be that I received a bad DOA regulator that I had ordered in so I will send it back and reorder then see

• Like 1

UPDATE....   Well after this sites help and two different Regulators because the first one was D.O,A. the second one made it charge. I did find out that 610 Mule must use regulator part # 21066-0039 ONLY. My unit only uses 4 of the 5 pins in the connector going to the regulator. The middle pin has no wires to it. THANKS,.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 9:26 AM, dalem said:

I'm having the same problem on a Mule 600 two regulators and still not charging. My stator checks ok. Where did you get your regulator? Was it an aftermarket or Kawasaki OEM part?

i have tried after market  and OEM , and both only lasted for about 30 mins.  And my stator checks ok too.  The guy helping me did a continuity check from the stator plug to the plug that plugs into the regulator and both those wires were fine and the other two wires goes from regulator plug to the battery.  All wires are good.

• 2 months later...

you most likely  have an intermittent connection between reg and battery.  the reg can only handle a few open full load dumps before the electronics die.   retest connections to battery and ign sw (key ON).

old trick.......jumper in second wire in parallel with the 3 wires mentioned......if lives longer than 30 min.....you won...but need to find the bad connection

After trying everything possible, including replacing the wiring harness (used one) I replaced the regulator with a Kawasaki OEM part $131 not cheap but it's charging now. Those  cheap aftermarket regulators  are not compatible with Kawasaki's electrical system. I tried three and none of those worked. I have a 98 Honda 300 4 wheeler and I put an aftermarket regulator on it about  five years ago and it still works OK.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dalem said:

After trying everything possible, including replacing the wiring harness (used one) I replaced the regulator with a Kawasaki OEM part $131 not cheap but it's charging now. Those  cheap aftermarket regulators  are not compatible with Kawasaki's electrical system. I tried three and none of those worked. I have a 98 Honda 300 4 wheeler and I put an aftermarket regulator on it about  five years ago and it still works OK.  

Yeeeeeeeow! $131!!

I just paid $75 for mine

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By res2fr
      I have an issue and I'm hoping that someone can help with a little Wisdom. I have a 2016 Massimo MSU500 UTV that blew a time chain while out riding. It has been torn down to replave the chain and Sprocket amount other things that will be renewed. The problem comes in with setting Top Dead Center on the motor. The Manuals all teel one to line up hash marks on the flywheel with a point on the side cover under what's referred to in several place as a manhole cover. Its a large headed cap/bolt that unscrews and allows you to view the edge of the flywheel. There are hash marks on the flywheel that your supposed to turn the crank until you get the proper alignment between a certain hash mark and a reference point on the Case. Problem is there is NO reference point on the case there. I also have another 2016 MSU500 and a 2014 Coleman 500. Not one of these machines have a reference mark of any kind in that location. (I have pictures if needed) 
        I know I can use the old pull the valve covers and rotate the crank and rely on getting the right point where Both Intake and Exhaust valves are closed at hopefully the correct point in the piston stroke. Is there any other reference point that could be used for this or is this the only thing left to use for finding TDC? Gotta Love documentation that doesn't match the equipment it's supposed to be for, any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if just to tell me that's about my only option. 

Thanks to all who even take the time to read my rambling question.
      Robert
    • By kylejoh
      Hi, 
      I have a Coleman UT400 that is a couple years old (2021), that won't seem to hold a charge. We have replaced the battery several times, and the unit will startup and run for a period of time, then die out. When I attempt to restart, it acts as if the battery is weak. Install a new battery, and it repeats the cycle. 
      Do the magnetos go bad on these things? If so, how hard are they to get to and change?

Thanks!
      Kyle 
    • By Charles Hines
      I have a 2022 Coleman 400 utv. I have added a heater with a 3 speed fan. I notice that while running with nothing on, the battery voltage gets to about 13,7 volts when funning at speed. If I turn on the lights, the voltage drops to about 12.3,if I turn on the heater fan with the lights on, the battery light will come on. I have replaced the battery with a higher capacity one and have replaced the regulator/rectifier, both have made no difference. I have measured the ac voltage at 22 vac at idle across all 3 phases, so the stator is charging. I have never had any issues with not starting or running poorly due to low voltage. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the voltage from the regulator or is this just a underachieving system?

• By Kingfish
      Yesterday I took my E1 out and everything was fine.  I plugged it in when I got back like I normally do.  When I went to take it out I noticed the battery had not charged overnight.  I reconnected the charger and watched its behavior.  When first plugged in the yellow light on the charge indicator panel is on for a couple of seconds, then it starts to flash the green charge light as usual.  After about a second I hear a relay click and the green light goes out.  About 2 seconds it starts the charge light flashing, then quits like before.  It does this cycle 4 times and then the yellow light starts blinking.  There is no code displayed on the main instrument panel.  Any help would be appreciated.  My dealer said to call Hisun, they've never worked on one.  Hisun told me to read my owners manual.  I found no reference to the charge indicator panel in the manual.
    • Get More For Your Device
    • By Tim Barbero
      I left my 2020 axis 500 UTV parked under the carport for about 6 months and when I went to start it recently a squirrel has built a nest under the throttle body and chewed through the efi harness.  I stripped all the wires back and reconnected them with waterproof butt connectors.  The problem I have is there is one blue wire with a red stripe coming from the main harness this wire has 5 volts dc showing on my multimeter but there are two blue wires with a red stripe coming from 2 different sensors on the throttle body.  I looked through all of the bits and pieces of wiring left behind and there’s no indication that the three wires of the same color were all tied together.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
  • Gallery Images