Quantcast

GDS

3010 Clutch Question

I have my new to me 07 3010 running great. But I have a question It seems to rev high before the belt engages.  I put a new belt on but it didn't help. Is there some adjustment I need to look at?

Inside the clutch is  a big spring and weights.  No adjustments I am aware of ,It could be a number of issues inside it, either the Primary or or driven clutch could be the cause.

If I remember right Comet made the clutches but they're out of business.

I think On most mules they are made to engage at 2000 rpm... If my thinker serves me right.

Travis, At that RPM maybe its ok. I just know when it engages its good bump

3 hours ago, GDS said:

Travis, At that RPM maybe its ok. I just know when it engages its good bump

mine does also  bump when going into gear

Best thing to do would be buy a tachometer and see at what RPM it engages it. Not a permanent one , unless you want it to be.

they make some you just wrap the wire around the spark plug or plug wire.

We used to use a little white lithium grease on snowmobile comets, they had all different weights and springs for engagement at different rpms. Old sleds shops might have nos laying around, cant be much different.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.