Quantcast

New to me 2008 Massimo MSU 500!

Good afternoon wanted to say hello I just picked up a nice 2008 MSU 500 for my kids/teens to drive around. Going to be scouring the forums and bugging a lot of people to get some hopefully easy questions answered. I keep getting told that a lot of the stuff/parts is interchangeable with rhino parts so hopefully that makes things easy if I need to replace items. Thanks for the warm welcome

aee815b96dc3bbb83b122262200d8412.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

mine as well as several others I have talked to , are plagued with constant overheating issues, resulting in blown headgaskets… and clutch/trans issues ..  Massimo admitted to me in email that these 500 and 700 HISUN engines were not good and they discontinued them, went to another Chinese Company  for engines .. But refuse to help any of us that were dumb enough to buy them.. I bought mine in 2018 new.. its been in shop 5 times , only has 300 miles.. I hope you have better luck. ….oh, and its in the shop right now.... HEAD GASKET 

• Like 1

Thanks I’ll keep an eye out. Only issues I know of with 380ish hours and 1300 miles is fuel gauge not working and the winch. It took a beating last weekend and climbed some decent inclines for what it is. Any chance a 700 engine would work? My ecu in the hood says 700-4.

mine as well as several others I have talked to , are plagued with constant overheating issues, resulting in blown headgaskets… and clutch/trans issues ..  Massimo admitted to me in email that these 500 and 700 HISUN engines were not good and they discontinued them, went to another Chinese Company  for engines .. But refuse to help any of us that were dumb enough to buy them.. I bought mine in 2018 new.. its been in shop 5 times , only has 300 miles.. I hope you have better luck. ….oh, and its in the shop right now.... HEAD GASKET 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hopefully the previous owner  got all the problems worked out before you bought it.. .. enjoy it ..When mine actually runs, its fun to drive.. problem has been ,its in 20 minute increments, then back to the shop.. now I m waiting on a new Cylinder head to replace the cracked one mine has ..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.