Quantcast

Massimo Buck 400X Golf New Owner Question

I just bought a new buck 400x golf and just signed up to this forum. Lots of good info and glad to be here.

I took off seat to see the engine and noticed a black circular pipe just sitting exposed  leading to the engine bay. As well as a rectangular pipe coming off crank case and possibly even an electrical harness or two with nothing obvious to plug them into?

Does anyone have the buck 400x golf and take a picture or look in their engine bay and let me know if this is normal or if there is something missing on my cart.

I reached out to massimo and let them know that it was unusable if this is actually an important missing part it probably shouldn't be driven, they said I should hear back in 3-5 days but that they are very busy. I figure if one of you has one you can take a look for me and I don't have to wait around on massimo to answer me on what a normal engine bay looks like.

Thanks for your help,

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2768.jpg

On 6/16/2020 at 2:37 PM, T-boss 410 said:

Could the large open tube possibly be the air intake?

Massimo called me back today, they said the circular black tube IS the intake tube so you were correct!

Also the rectangular tube coming from crank case is a normal breather tube so all is normal and my cart is running great as of now.

So my post and worries were for nothing, atleast the next noob can see this.

Sorry I didn't get back to you. Been kinda busy lately. I hope you have lots of trouble free hours with your Massimo. Mine only has 14 hours. I need a trailer to tow it with. 

Glad that you heard from the tech. I've used their techs for questions. They have been good about getting back to me, as soon as they can. 

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Liv4upoutdoors
      Has any one replaced their radiator fan to the Massimo 410.  My buck is overheating.   I checked fuse which was good... then  I was going to jump the fan switch and have it run all the time but its not turning on.  So much for the easy fix.   I guess my next step is to replace the fan.  I would like to get the same fan so its easy to switch out.  There isn't alot of room to work in there.   So trying to make it alittle easier.  Thank you kindly for your input.  

• By Ric Silveira
      Got me a New Coleman Outfitter 2021 400
      and joining here to hopefully learn lots about it.
      I understand it's not top of the line but couldn't offord other. I'll be using it for riding around the neighborhood and light off reading here in Southwest Florida and not planing on beating it just some fun with my wife
    • By Josh Lounder
      I acquired an older HISUN BIG BUCK 500 that hasn't run in years.  Little elbow grease and she's running.  I have a few more parts to switch out but when revving the engine over 4K the r light starts blinking.  After googling and seeing other people I replaced the rev limit switch under the air box and found the same issue.  I traced the green and white stripe wire back to the computer module and found no breaks in the wire and cleaned the connectors.  Still same issue.  I then cut the wire right at the plug and grounded it directly to the battery.  I can now rev over 4k rpm however the light still blinks and when in reverse the light no longer lights up.  Anyone else run into this?  Can R light blinking mean something else.....HELP, what am i missing?????
    • By Michael Hudson
      So my wife picked out a brand new Hisun crew 4x4 750 axis 4x4. When it gets hot it shuts off. This vehicle has less than 20 miles. I'm the dark here. First I have no access to a trouble shooting guide and have even blindly performed the "wiggle tests" as I used to do as a drive ability tech on cars professionally. I'm not able to locate what's getting overheated to cause it to shut off. After awhile it'll start right up and no issues. While trying to duplicate the problem sitting at idle, it'll eventually cut off again. Again when cooled off will start again. 

I'm hating this machine and wished she'd gone with a pricier but more reliable sxs. My grizzly 550 rarely gives me issues that isn't my fault. 
    • eManualOnline
    • By Zero
      So i have a 2011 EFI 700. the SxS will crank right up everytime without any issues. If i let it run or ride it for about 10 mins it will shut off and then it may turn on if i am lucky but most time i have to let it sit for like 3 hours and then it will run again. i have done the following
      -New fuel filter
      -New injector
      -New spark plug
      -New coil pack and plug wire
      -New air filter

Also could i get a grizzly 660 engine and put in it or would it not work.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Farm Boy
      It has done this since day one that we purchased it from Tractor Supply. I contacted the service man that Tractor Supply recommended and he told us that there wasn't anything he do to help us with. Has anyone had this same problem and can offer suggestion on to correct this issue ? It would be greatly appreciated.

• By David martin
      Does anyone know of a generic cable that will fit? Massimo do not stock parts for this model, they sold me it last year new , now inform me they carry no parts! Crazy bad customer service. Anyhow I got Boss order in but it's back ordered. Buck is parked up untill I can either find a cable that will fit from another make, or have one made or wait until part is available a Boss. Anyone? 
    • By Dave N.
      Buck 400 at first would not turn off. Sounded like starter was still running. Finally got it to shut off. Turned back on and ran about 50 yards and it died. Now when I turn the key, absolutely nothing happens. Battery hot.
    • By Jason C
      Selling this for my dad, if you want/need any other pictures or information just let me know and I will get back to you asap. You can contact me here or preferably at [email protected]

2020 - MASSIMO BUCK 200X UTV, 177cc Four-Stroke, Single Cylinder

**Note** There is nothing wrong with this UTV and it has brand new all terrain tires not the original street tires. Back deck folds down completely for more cargo space.

The following information is directly from the Mossimo website:

FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM
      H and L gear for better climbing

STANDARD FEATURES
      EFI
      Foldable Rear Bench Seat
      Windshield
      Hard Top
      Side Mirrors
      Front Bumper
      2" Frame mounted hitch receiver

Dimensions