Quantcast

ERV JR

Diff locks

I was reading on another site that Joyner was going to come out with electric diff locks, Is this true ? When I was at the dealer all of the troopers on the floor fad the lever type with cable. I wont buy until probally Feb or March but want to take in as I can learn andd be prepared.

if there to be push button locks should I have one ordered, I would perfer black and they dont one there so would waiting and getting one around that time insure electric diff locks

Heard about the electric locks a year ago but nothing to date. I wouldn't wait for electric locks as the manuals have been no problem. Just one less thing to fail. There is suppose to be some body redesigns I have heard.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I was reading on another site that Joyner was going to come out with electric diff locks, Is this true ? When I was at the dealer all of the troopers on the floor fad the lever type with cable. I wont buy until probally Feb or March but want to take in as I can learn andd be prepared.

if there to be push button locks should I have one ordered, I would perfer black and they dont one there so would waiting and getting one around that time insure electric diff locks

I agree with rocmoc, stay with the manual engagers. I'm currently having trouble with my electric 4 wheel drive as the very light module on the front dif. is failing to work properly. I was out in a spot where I needed 4 wheel to get back so I just removed the module off the diff. The default position of the dif. itself is engaged for 4 wheel drive. I'm going to build a good quality and reliable mechanical mechanism to do the job even though it's under extended warrenty.

Lenny

My diff lock on the rear is not working do I need to move the cable in or out to get it to engage?

I only go to see my diff lock for a moment at the dealer when it failed to engage, it looked like the sleeve that slides in and out could be reversed to fix the problem I had. It looked like it had tried to engage while thing were spinning and rolled the teeth a little. To disengage, the cable pushes the sleeve in against a spring, and the spring's push is what causes things to engage.

If you take it apart, Please take some photos to post of it and the insides of the diff also.

Thank you

Jeff

My diff lock on the rear is not working do I need to move the cable in or out to get it to engage?

It locks when the cable is pulled on. There 2 adjusters, one at the dif and the other behind the lever on the dash.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.