Quantcast

Diff locks

ERV JR

I was reading on another site that Joyner was going to come out with electric diff locks, Is this true ? When I was at the dealer all of the troopers on the floor fad the lever type with cable. I wont buy until probally Feb or March but want to take in as I can learn andd be prepared.

if there to be push button locks should I have one ordered, I would perfer black and they dont one there so would waiting and getting one around that time insure electric diff locks

I was reading on another site that Joyner was going to come out with electric diff locks, Is this true ? When I was at the dealer all of the troopers on the floor fad the lever type with cable. I wont buy until probally Feb or March but want to take in as I can learn andd be prepared.

if there to be push button locks should I have one ordered, I would perfer black and they dont one there so would waiting and getting one around that time insure electric diff locks

I agree with rocmoc, stay with the manual engagers. I'm currently having trouble with my electric 4 wheel drive as the very light module on the front dif. is failing to work properly. I was out in a spot where I needed 4 wheel to get back so I just removed the module off the diff. The default position of the dif. itself is engaged for 4 wheel drive. I'm going to build a good quality and reliable mechanical mechanism to do the job even though it's under extended warrenty.

Lenny

My diff lock on the rear is not working do I need to move the cable in or out to get it to engage?

I only go to see my diff lock for a moment at the dealer when it failed to engage, it looked like the sleeve that slides in and out could be reversed to fix the problem I had. It looked like it had tried to engage while thing were spinning and rolled the teeth a little. To disengage, the cable pushes the sleeve in against a spring, and the spring's push is what causes things to engage.

If you take it apart, Please take some photos to post of it and the insides of the diff also.

Thank you

Jeff

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By dKurmudgeon
      I recently acquired a Polaris Northstar Ranger XP, and would like some snow plow advice.  Will after market plows fit and function on my Ranger , or must I purchase from the Polaris dealer directly? 

• By JOYNERPARTSGUY
      I'm thinking about parting out my 2 Joyner's.  Both have less than 500 miles.   I would also consider selling whole.  I have titles for both and have owned them since new.   Located in northwest Florida.   I'll be in Gatlinburg , TN for Christmas if someone needs a heavy part delivered     Trooper engine has rust on the cylinders and probably won't turn over at this point due to Florida humidity.  The sand spider has a broken input shaft in the rear end, so it needs a new (cheap) input shaft and seal.   It hasn't been cranked in a couple years.  Both are complete.
    • By Billsectere
      New to the forum. New to UTVs. New to Electric motors.  I just got a 2021 Hisun Sector E to help with moving stuff on my  steep 5 acre wooded mountain patch. Plus I thought it would be fun on the gravel roads in the "neighborhood". Because we are remote and part time to the property, I didn't want the hassle of dumping out old gas or messing with oil and filters and all the usual maintenance of a ICE. But the biggest reason for me was the noise. I test drove the Axis utvs at Tractor Supply Co and they were LOUD. Seemed to ride rough too. If you want quiet, then electric is the way to go. But it does come with a high price tag. And all the electric models are still in their infancy. So its a bit of a gamble too. I bought the property for quiet. I wanted to keep it quiet.
      I liked that the Hisun had the dry cell batteries so there is no maintenance of checking and adding water. I'm a little worried about their lifespan especially after one person's poor utube review about them. But the dealer said the company took that to heart so hopefully changes were made for better batteries. There were no Lithium battery options available anywhere near me. Polaris is supposed to have one later this year. I liked that the Hisun came standard with roof, windshield, winch and trailer hitch. I have had the sector for only one day and worked it and road it good. So far I have a big smile on my face. I wish there was a category for this model on the forum here. Meanwhile, maybe folks will share their insights/ experiences on this thread. I'd like to learn as much about the sector e as I can. There isn't much info in the owners manual.

• By D. Newton
      View File American Landmaster - Wiring Diagrams - All Models 2021-22
      American Landmaster - Wiring Diagrams - All Models 2021-22
      Submitter D. Newton Submitted 11/22/2022 Category American Landmaster  
    • Dream Car Giveaway
    • By 林詠倫
      Hi there,
      We are a company based in Taiwan and we are developing electric conversion kit for UTVs. We aim to build a complete kit for Polaris Ranger 1000 or 570 with low cost and easy installation. Just would like to hear you opinion about that. Should we go for 570 first or 1000? are the powertrain similar between both? We learned that Ranger 1000 is the most popular UTV sold in the USA with most market penetration.
      Or you have any other opinion please let me know. As far as we know there are some cheap conversion kits sold on Amazon but it requires lot of modification on the vehicle. Thank you very much.
  • Gallery Images