Quantcast

Gorj

Hisun E1 Radio Install

Installed a radio/media player in my new Hisun Sector E1. Got a universal under dash kit from Amazon for $13, a radio/media player from Walmart for $17, and two speaker kits with grills from a friend for $10. Had some wire, connectors, and screws lying around. Mounted the radio in the plastic under dash kit. The radio is amazing for the price. It is only about two inches deep, but has Bluetooth, USB, and AM/FM radio. Mounted the speakers in the panel under the seat. Ran the wiring through the drive shaft tunnel. Installed a in-line fuse for the + wire and tapped in to the head lamp switch for the ign on wire. Tapped in to a ground wire in the wire loom behind the switches. I use this to play my tunes from a flash drive. I did not even bother to connect an antenna to it. Because the E1 is electric there is no engine noise to drown out the music!

E1 Radio.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! If I add anything else to my electrical system. I'll have to use a power distribution box. Mine came with a positive battery terminal, that had an add on lug on it. 

Unfortunately, I've taken the lazy advantage of using it to power several things. Electrically speaking, it's not a concern. But it's very ugly.

I have a 15 amp plug-in inline fuse at the battery plus terminal and a 14 gauge wire running to the front behind the dash. I use that to power the radio and an LED light strip that is in shipment presently. I will mount the switch for the LED lights in the knock on the dash behind the steering wheel. I am mounting the 12" light bar on the front bumper, just in front of the grill. Are you aware there is an empty 12v. connection in the rear under the tailgate? It is powered when the lights are on. In the wiring diagram it shows to be  for a license plate lamp. 

Just watch the amp draw. Those light bars really draw the power. Most of these machines don't put out an abundance of extra amps of power. 

With 2080 amps and 1200 watts of battery power backing up the 12 volt battery I do not think there is going to be a power issue with the led light strip. Remember this an EV!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.