Quantcast

Rustynutzz

Let's talk air filters

Has anyone found an aftermarket air filter upgrade such as K&N, or the like, that'll fit the T-Boss?

This is the one that came stock in mine.  I'd like something a little better.

spacer.png

Those  type material filters are good filters as long as you keep them oiled with 30 weight or air filter oil.

Certainly with you on the air filter oil, that's a must in the dusty conditions I ride in.  

I'm wondering if they're are any other options out there that may improve flow.

1 hour ago, T-boss 410 said:

I thought that was just a pre-filter, and there was a paper element inside. 

No paper on the 550.  Weird that the buck and T-Boss 410 have that style filter and the 550 has the foam.  Maybe the foam is considered the better way to go since it's washable/reusable?  Dunno, just riffing.

14 hours ago, T-boss 410 said:

My bad, I wasn't aware that you had the 550.

No problem.  I assumed all T-Boss's had the same filter.

I thought so, as well. I can see that as a pre-filter, but not as the whole filter element itself. My Ariens mower has a foam pre-filter around a paper element. When I first saw the picture that you posted, I thought maybe somehow the paper element was omitted. I stand corrected. 

Some older briggs engines on pushmowers use that type material as the filter. My Mule has a pleated paper filter and a thin round piece of that material that i oil to catch the bigger dust,

their may be some way to convert the filter, or modify to like a  cold air intake of sorts. similar to this image.png.e7a683870ddf8fc1e22ec7125fe44f1b.png

where it just clamps to the intake tube.

I can see it on a small displacement push mower, but on a larger engine that was designed for off-road use, I would assume that there should be more filter than a foam piece. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.