Quantcast

Died at idle and no start

Last October we were sitting at an idle on a Sunday morning and it died for the first time since we time since we bought it new I've already sent it to the shop because it's under warranty after trying to fix it. New fuel injector new spark plug couldn't do a compression check because I couldn't find anything to fit it but now that it's at the shop I have a feeling that the exhaust valves tighten themselves up and they are not closing anybody ever have this problem?

what model is it. This can be a few things, of course the three most basic things are spark, fuel and compression. Its pretty easy to check for spark, and fuel test is also easy to test. You only need to use a compression tester for motorcycles/atv as they have the smaller adapter needed for some of the small openings in the cylinder head. But on a guess it should be putting out in the very high 165 or more.

• 2 weeks later...

shop said zero compression. Upon further inspection found timing chain very loose and said it needed a cam tensioner. Hisun wants the maintenence records to cover the warranty so I'm trying to find receipts from 6 months ago. But I will keep yall updated

BTW its a 2020 hisun sector 750. 

As soon as I get it right I'm getting rid of this dump and getting a Polaris. I should have known better than getting Chinese crap

Exactly thats why I was like wth man. Its got 161 next oil change isn't until 200. I think I'm just going to pencil in the maintenance log at the back and that better work. These people are ridiculous; 160 hrs out of a 15k machine I mean come on. I am going to report them to the bbb

according to the factory owners manual, you are required to perform an oil change at 50 miles. and the next service is not due until 250 miles. But none of these have any bearing to a faulty cam chain tensioner. I think the dealer is the one pushing back not hisun. Hisun has never asked me for customers service records. Even though they can, it is very rare. The dealer is the one asking. In the owners manual it states: As the vehicle owner, you are responsible for the performance of the required maintenance listed in your owner’s manual. HISUN recommends that you retain all receipts covering maintenance on your vehicle, but HISUN cannot deny warranty solely for the lack of receipts or for your failure to ensure the performance of all scheduled maintenance As the vehicle owner, you should be aware that HISUN may deny your warranty coverage if your vehicle or a part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper maintenance or unapproved modifications. You have not done any abuse, you did not neglect this uvt, you did not do improper maintenance as well. Lack of a timely service is not improper maintenance, simply late on the service.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I just seen this. But I gave them the receipts and they covered it under warranty. Rebuilt the whole motor. Should be ready to pick up this afternoon. Thanks for the input strike, I'll let you know how it pans out. Hopefully we get it back before the foot of snow next week. Would love to ride in it. We never see any in east Texas 

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.