Quantcast

Be Patriotic!

BUY AMERICAN MADE!

As President-elect Barack Obama prepares his economic stimulus package,

his advisers are looking into inserting a "Buy American" plank.

An Obama spokesperson told Bloomberg that "We are reviewing the buy American

proposal and we are committed to a plan that will save or create 3 million jobs,

including jobs in manufacturing."

Say NO to foreign products, buy quality! ;)

Jimmy, I do wish I could support your statement. Problem is, When is Big Business & Wall Street going to start taking care of us the people (the real America)? Most don't have any desire to do what is best for America. Unfortunately I was in Big Business when the Orders came down from the Top changing the USA business model from Old School to the Cr*p Business Model of today. Decided I could not save the World a few years back so I make sure my family is taken care. What do we make besides Weapons & Hamburgers. I have enough of both.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

New Zealand has in place a "Buy NZ Made" programme for many years now with incentives and a logo sticker on NZ made goods. It's pretty much died a natural death now but is still out there. There were many obstacles to overcome and in the end it was just to hard to compete with imported goods. Some issues that got in the way were the fact that the NZ Government (who set up the programme) all ready had in place trade agreements with other countries that can not be broken. Now we have an agreement with China it's a case of getting in behind this closer economic agreement between us and them. The pay off for NZ is we have secured meat and dairy products amongst others to boost our exports to China. The farmers income from this helps build the countries growth, so we all get something out of it. If you don't import products from other counties they won't import from you, however if the USA did find a nation that would except your one way traffic, the increase freight costs with shipping back empty contains would offset its profits. The world is getting smaller and smaller though trade agreements and it's a snow ball that can't be stopped, right or wrong.

Jimmy your going to hate me but it looks like NZ beef will solely be used by MacDonald's and NZ is on the verge of signing a Closer Economic agreement with your country.

The other thing is, your happy or not with your RZR with China made parts, either way if it was 100% American made the retail price on a new one would shoot up, making new buyers look at alternatives anyway.

Cheers Mike.

Hey Mike, I was wondering where you went, you have been keeping a low profile lately.

I was only quoting a statement from Obama about the buy American products.

Its hard to find anything that is 100 % made here anymore. The RZR and even

the Rhino are built in this country but I am sure the RZR probably has something

China on it.

If you want electronic products you have no choice because I don't think there

are any products made here anymore like TV's, cameras, etc.

At one time everything said made in the USA, then Japan, then Taiwan, then Korea, now China.

We saw junk come out of all these countries, even the US. When we start making a quality

product the price gets to high and another country steps in with a cheaper priced but less quality.

What country will be next? Iraq, Iran, Russia, Africa?

I have two freinds sitting here next to me from Utah talking about this so I am listening with one ear and

typing away but you get the idea. Later

One product that has really gone down hill is shoes. Tens years or more ago I'd buy branded American shoes that would last up to three years no worries, now those same shoes made in Asia are only good for 1 year. The cheap Chinese imported shoes are even worse, maybe 3 to 6 months. Come to mention it, what about socks? Man those things fall apart on yar after six months. Even with my smelly feet that's not good. I have still got NZ made tramping socks in my draw that are wearable after 10 years. So there does have to be some quality control somewhere along the line otherwise more products like these will slip into the disposable category too. NZ has to trade with other countries because of out small size whereas America could manufacture, grow or mine most products themselves, however competition from developing countries will always undercut you. The NZ Rag trade (clothes) used to be huge in the 80s, now you can't even buy a NZ made Tee-Shirt without paying though your nose.

Cheers Mike.

We all want "German" engineering at "China" prices and we want it "made in America". It's kind of like I saw somewhere; Economical, Dependable, Fast, you can only have two.

I would be happy with two of these options, German engineering at China prices!

But German quality does not come cheap.

Two of my riding buddies have VW dune buggies that are 30 years old and those things just keep on going.

But the VW is old technology these days.

I would be happy with two of these options, German engineering at China prices!

But German quality does not come cheap.

Two of my riding buddies have VW dune buggies that are 30 years old and those things just keep on going.

But the VW is old technology these days.

You're right Jimmy those VW's are just like the Energizer Bunny, they keep going and going.....

Cinda