Quantcast
Jump to content

New 2021 Tracker 800LE Crew Hot Dash area


Recommended Posts

TLDR (too long didn't read) in blue for quick scanning :)

Hey all! I'm new to the Side-by-side/UTV world. We own a smallish farm and decided to go with the 2021 Tracker 800LE Crew. We like the seating and the ride is smooth. However as a newbie I have some questions that maybe some of you longtime side-by-side/UTV owners can help with. We're still in the "break-in" period and it seems that after 30 min or less of driving the dash area gets super hot. You can feel the heat waves coming off the floorboard by your feet and my phone sitting in the little hole (where a radio might go) felt like I left it in the hot sun for too long. The glovebox was also way too hot. 

 

So the question is, is this normal, or should I start checking engine coolant and filters? We literal have had it a day. I have read forums and looked up info and can't find anyone mentioning this issue. I just don't want to burn the thing up before we've even put it through it's paces ya know!

 

Thanks for any help!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TapBoss said:

Would definitely check all fluid levels and make sure the fan (if your model has one) is kicking on. 

 

13 hours ago, Traqem said:

There is nothing in that area of a Tracker that should get hot.  Lack of fluids etc should t cause it.  It’s check your wiring and switches and take it in for a look.  

Thanks! I think I will call Tracker and have them take a look at it. We shot it with the thermo gun and it's running about 117-130 degrees on the dash in different areas. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 5:11 PM, Sommer Wildes said:

TLDR (too long didn't read) in blue for quick scanning :)

Hey all! I'm new to the Side-by-side/UTV world. We own a smallish farm and decided to go with the 2021 Tracker 800LE Crew. We like the seating and the ride is smooth. However as a newbie I have some questions that maybe some of you longtime side-by-side/UTV owners can help with. We're still in the "break-in" period and it seems that after 30 min or less of driving the dash area gets super hot. You can feel the heat waves coming off the floorboard by your feet and my phone sitting in the little hole (where a radio might go) felt like I left it in the hot sun for too long. The glovebox was also way too hot. 

 

So the question is, is this normal, or should I start checking engine coolant and filters? We literal have had it a day. I have read forums and looked up info and can't find anyone mentioning this issue. I just don't want to burn the thing up before we've even put it through it's paces ya know!

 

Thanks for any help!

I am new to these and Love Mine, just got it Saturday, And yes my dash was hot also! The Heat comes from the Radiator!, and Fan blowing toward the compartment! THE only shield is the plastic wall! No insulation or deflectors so the heat is blowing on it all! I am going to look for some type of insulation foil based that sticks to Line mine! On Vehicles cars and all have metal and insulation on what would be considered the fire wall. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2021 at 11:38 PM, Gary-Jr said:

I am new to these and Love Mine, just got it Saturday, And yes my dash was hot also! The Heat comes from the Radiator!, and Fan blowing toward the compartment! THE only shield is the plastic wall! No insulation or deflectors so the heat is blowing on it all! I am going to look for some type of insulation foil based that sticks to Line mine! On Vehicles cars and all have metal and insulation on what would be considered the fire wall. 

 

Thank you Gary Jr.!

I was just talking to my father-in-law last night about putting something under the hood to reflect heat. I can't put my phone in any of the compartments when we ride or it heats it too much. Kinda makes all those little cubbies useless if they're gonna heat your stuff up. Although, in winter it will come in handy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Your probably picking up the heat that the Radiator Fan is throwing at the dash. There is a guy in Mississippi that makes a Radiator deflector shield that mounts to the back of the Radiator and deflects the heat down to the ground. I installed one on my machine and it does help a lot with the heat. The shield is also hinged so that in the winter time you can lift up on the door and now you have the heat coming back to the firewall to help with warmth in the cab. The only thing I can’t tell you yet is how much dust is the shield going to kick up while on the trail. I’m scheduled for another trip to the Hatfield And McCoy trails in October and will find out then. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

Your probably picking up the heat that the Radiator Fan is throwing at the dash. There is a guy in Mississippi that makes a Radiator deflector shield that mounts to the back of the Radiator and deflects the heat down to the ground. I installed one on my machine and it does help a lot with the heat. The shield is also hinged so that in the winter time you can lift up on the door and now you have the heat coming back to the firewall to help with warmth in the cab. The only thing I can’t tell you yet is how much dust is the shield going to kick up while on the trail. I’m scheduled for another trip to the Hatfield And McCoy trails in October and will find out then. 

yes I found him! And Have one on order! I also have the heat shield insulation on order for the rear wall! also

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same issue here I just bought one new and with very little load and riding it heats up to 208 degrees and the fan will kick on. We feel all the heat coming up from the floorboard and the dash gets warm too. Do these things run that hot with just light duty of riding 20-25mph?? It like the thermoset is not working to allow coolant to cool the engine. What's the website to order the heat shields? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To get the heat shield call Grenada Bad Boys and ask for Mike JR in service. Number is 662-307-2729. A couple positive things about it is they are a Tracker Dealer and they actually use their machines. See item is that the heat shield is hinged to allow you to open it up in the winter when you want that heat hitting your firewall. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 7/18/2021 at 5:00 AM, Bryan said:

Your probably picking up the heat that the Radiator Fan is throwing at the dash. There is a guy in Mississippi that makes a Radiator deflector shield that mounts to the back of the Radiator and deflects the heat down to the ground. I installed one on my machine and it does help a lot with the heat. The shield is also hinged so that in the winter time you can lift up on the door and now you have the heat coming back to the firewall to help with warmth in the cab. The only thing I can’t tell you yet is how much dust is the shield going to kick up while on the trail. I’m scheduled for another trip to the Hatfield And McCoy trails in October and will find out then. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I have a 800 LE and don't have the hot dash issue, but found if I remove the doors in the summer, it really cools the cab down. I also installed a 12V dual fan mounted under the dash-one aimed at the driver and one aimed at the passenger to help in the hot summer days. (Bought it off Amazon.)Removing the doors makes for easy entry also. I do reinstall them in the fall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is normal. The way the fan sits it pushes the heat towards the cab. Somebody in the Tracker Group on Facebook makes a heat shield that people say fixes the problem. I haven't noticed the heat but will be paying attention to it on my next ride. PS I have nothing to do with the heat shield nor do I get any sort of kick back. If you decide to buy one please post an honest review on this site. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 7/18/2021 at 5:00 AM, Bryan said:

Your probably picking up the heat that the Radiator Fan is throwing at the dash. There is a guy in Mississippi that makes a Radiator deflector shield that mounts to the back of the Radiator and deflects the heat down to the ground. I installed one on my machine and it does help a lot with the heat. The shield is also hinged so that in the winter time you can lift up on the door and now you have the heat coming back to the firewall to help with warmth in the cab. The only thing I can’t tell you yet is how much dust is the shield going to kick up while on the trail. I’m scheduled for another trip to the Hatfield And McCoy trails in October and will find out then. 

I added one of the deflectors it works like a champ and is easy to install .  The hinge allows the heat to hit the fire less wall in cold weather.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I purchased one of the deflectors mentioned in this post.  I was impressed with Mikes knowledge of the tracker and the reason for the high heat hitting the dash.  His mod works as advertised.  Deflects heat to the ground and has a hinge that allows it to flow back to the dash in cold weather  Easy install.  He also helped with gear shift issues.  Mine would get stuck straight from Bass Pro.  Mike said if it won’t shift, turn off the key.  If it shifts off, the clutch needs to be adjusted.  I wish his shop was in PA because my Bass Pro shop has no clue why it locks up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...