Quantcast

sound and heat insulationing for UTVs

Mackc

Well I'd also like to know what you guys in the engine compartment for sound deadening.  The 2013 cfmoto Uforce is murder on the ears.

I got some double sided foil heat shield with about 1/4 inch foam like middle off amazon. Haven't took time to install any of it yet. Have to install a snorkel for intake first. Since the intake is in the center console area. 

Once snorkel is installed to allow fresh air for the intake. Then install the heat shield and block that vent in center console. That will block a lot of the heat and hopefully some of the sound.

16 hours ago, Scott Meszaros said:

what are you trying to accomplish.........?..............keeping warm in winter?.....if so, you will need a heat source.......i use a 2200 peak watt portable genny in bed of mule, hooked up to a 1500 watt space heater..............works great......no additional insulation

I want the sound of the engine to be dulled in the cabin and the heat from the engine reduced in the cabin in summer.

our mule has windshield and complete cab enclosure......engine noise isn't an issue as i normally have "radio headphones" on (and engine is only single cylinder 400 cc).....as for less heat in summer, windows down and i have a 12 volt fan for air circulation.........as i mentioned before, i use portable genny and space heater for heat, plus use the fan directed toward windshield to keep "fogging" to a minimum while plowing snow..........i am not familiar with cfmoto u force, but i am sure you can "mcgyver" something..........

12 hours ago, Mackc said:

I want the sound of the engine to be dulled in the cabin and the heat from the engine reduced in the cabin in summer.

if you are getting that much heat from engine into passenger area, your engine may be running excessively hot.. Once I corrected my overheating problems, the passenger area is not so hot 

3 hours ago, Scott Meszaros said:

mackc, do you have an enclosed cab?  is your muffler in good shape? are massimo's air cooled?.............these types of utv's are never gonna be "quiet" until the do away with gas and go electric............

cant wait to pull an electric 4 seater UTV out of the swamp because the batteries died .   ,,,,,. if its really loud, your exhaust may be cracked near the head.. common om Massimo 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 5:34 AM, Scott Meszaros said:

our mule has windshield and complete cab enclosure......engine noise isn't an issue as i normally have "radio headphones" on (and engine is only single cylinder 400 cc).....as for less heat in summer, windows down and i have a 12 volt fan for air circulation.........as i mentioned before, i use portable genny and space heater for heat, plus use the fan directed toward windshield to keep "fogging" to a minimum while plowing snow..........i am not familiar with cfmoto u force, but i am sure you can "mcgyver" something..........

I also had a 3010 Mule and sound wasn't a problem, this problem  was concerning a Massimo Buck 400.