Quantcast

showa

Tire Weight

OK, here's my question:

Looking at the 14" tires available, I noticed the Interco SSR & TSL tires are very agressive patterned and weigh 31- 37 pounds each.

Compare this to the Toyo tire which is less agressive but only weighs about 24 pounds..........

What are your thoughts pro/con on these tires/weight effects.....

I run mostly desert (Las Vegas) and am curious what more experianced people think before I buy..........

Thanks,

Kurt G

You will not be able to tell any difference. Trooper is gear so low when I put on my BIG tires which are heavier and changed the gearing, it got faster!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Snow plow installation question

While wiring new snow plow on a 2018 rtv 1100 c . I am having problems locating female bullet in harness to plug blue wire from relay. Can anyone help ?

By Recurvenut, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • Question about Massimo, Cub Cadet and Benneche

I've noticed the  Massimo MSU-500, The Cub Cadet Challenger 500 (550?) and the Benneche Bighorn 500 all look the same?  Does one company make them and they just put their name on them?        

By Travis, in UTV General Discussion

• 6 replies
    • 2008 Big Muddy head gasket question

Thanks for the add. I have a chance to buy a 2008 Big Muddy sxs70 with 500 hours. Owners says needs head gasket as getting water in oil but has not over headed,does not knock or smoke. Price sounds real good . I have no problem changing head gasket but but does it sound to be that simple? Thanks for any help.

By jjln50, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies
    • New tires

I'm looking at new tires. I'm gonna stay with the 25" but i found some m/t' s i like. But noticed my from tires have more wear than the back right now. And was wondering if I should go with the standard kind of tire like you usually see on the Polaris for the front. Since they are considered a road tire but are still decent in the mud. 

By Kyle Farrell, in Kymco UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • Five of the Best UTV Tires For the Money

UTVs represent a pretty good investment of both your money and your enjoyment. The tires that come stock on your machine are usually pretty good all-around tires, but there are several reasons to consider going for an upgrade. You might want a more aggressive tread pattern for a specific kind of riding. Perhaps the riding conditions in your area call for a tire with better puncture resistance. There is always the reason that comes from countless hours of enjoyment – the stock tires are simply worn out. Maybe you just want some different tires simply because you do? Regardless of the reason, a new set of tires represents a significant investment. Here are five of the best UTV tires for the money on the market today. Read More

By Travis, in UTV General Discussion

• 0 replies