Quantcast

Side by side decisions for a family of 4 with farm,

I really like the look of the kubota line also. There's several models, but the op suggested a 4 seater.  The 4 seat model looks like its a convertible to switch between a 2 seat, or 4. And it has a diesel engine available. That's definitely worth looking into. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kenfain said:

I really like the look of the kubota line also. There's several models, but the op suggested a 4 seater.  The 4 seat model looks like its a convertible to switch between a 2 seat, or 4. And it has a diesel engine available. That's definitely worth looking into. 

Diesel engine may be better in his case for more torque, hauling 4 people plus any gear/load in the bed and hilly terrain.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have had good luck with my Kubota RTV-X1140 so far.  Diesel.  Can be both 2 seater (larger bed) OR 4 seater (short bed).  Takes 2 minutes to switch.  Hydro dump bed.   Easy to work on.    I paid 18k for mine a year ago.  Not sure what inflation has done to the price.

CC

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Robert B
      Going down a 20 deg hill engine is holding UTV back. Then something releases like going into Neutral and makes a loud clacking noise. Have to use brake to slow UTV down. Then once level it shifts back into gear. Have done shift extension does not pop out of gear.
    • By jim fisher
      i just purchased a 2024 g2 z force 800 and would like to power some accessories with out hardwiring would a 3 way cig lighter adapter work plugged into the 12 volt outlet on the machine each splitter plug has on/off switch accessories include led light bar, micro midland 2 way radio and maybe a bluetooth soundbar obviously wouldnt be running these at same time.
    • By catalyst
      We own a 2020 Kubota RTV-XG-850, with only 400 hours on it and it has been at the dealer 3+ months. We were just informed our engine failed and requires a complete rebuild at only 400 hours! There is a loss of compression in cylinder #1, which is causing backfiring and a loss of power. There is also excess gas in the engine oil. 
      We are just outside of the manufacture's warranty period, and they are serving us a nearly $5000 repair bill, with only a 90 day warranty.

A member at a different forum had the same issue at 22 hours and fortunately, his RTV is under warranty. He was informed that "short tripping" (as Kubota describes it) causes gasoline to enter into the engine oil, which causes a dilution of engine oil and eventually leads to catastrophic engine failure. This killed our engine in under 400 hours!

Is anyone else with a 2018-2022 XG-850 running into similar issues?

• By Charles Green
      Where does an Axis 500 receive power from?  Is there a relay from the ignition switch or is the pump controlled by the ECM? Asking for some folks that are having issues that seem to be a lost ground.
    • By NicholasNWM09
      Hello Everyone,
      COOL NEW Product Alert! 
      A company called NEW Wire Marine or NEW Wire has Badass custom panels for UTV, Buggy/Hunting trucks. From Fully wired switch panels with laser etched rockers with backlights in 5 different colors, to just parts like voltmeters, phone, USB and 12 v chargers. Rockers can be printed, or custom laser etched rockers and they even have sleek labeled pushbuttons. They are a first-class company with a great knowledgeable staff and outstanding customer service. Switches are based on 12v or 24v circuits and they also have marine grade wire and connectors, which is perfect for waterproofing your system!
      Go check them out!
      Check out the websites : https://newwiremarine.com/ and https://rockerswitchpros.com