Quantcast

Differential Upgrade Kits are available

Guest Lenny

Guest Lenny

I finally have the Differential Upgrade Kits done and can start to ship next week. I made up 20 kits and used 2 for myself leaving 18 kits left. The kits can be purchased from me for $90 per kit. You will need 2 kits, one for the rear and one for the front. There is a slight difference so be sure to specify which one you want. I will pay for shipping and insurance, priority mail. It should get to you in aprox 3 days. I don't know if I will be making up more kits. It I will depend on how these go. However, if I do, I will be charging $135 per kit after the initial 18. This got a lot more involved and required a lot of shims than I initially thought. Some shims I have to machine after getting them. You will get an extra snap ring to be used where Joyner chose to omit one. Also you will receive 12 special machined bolts. These will be metric grade 12.9, much stronger then the stock bolts. Each bolt includes a locknut for it's rear side. Full instructions with lots of pictures and a shim placement drawing is in the kit. Even though you will have several shims left over, I felt I needed to provide a complete range of thickness capability for each location.

If you would like a kit(s), PM me and I will give you payment instructions. Payments will be made through PayPal.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Lenny

2328791330104282158OYauDO_th.jpg

Guest Lenny
Payment sent.

Thanks, it will go out tomorrow. Thats the last kits except for two I'm holding for Paiute3 and one for Kinarfi. If others ore interested in kits, let me know. If I get enough wanting them, I will make up another batch. They will be $135.00 per kit for the new kits.

Lenny

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished the front diff and everything worked perfect. the only difference I found is that I had no groove for the new snap ring. not the biggest deal I just didn't put it in.

thanks again Lenny

Kevin

They don't all have the groove. I beleive that there are 3 different versions of the diffs. For the most part they are idenical but there are some suttle changes. Glad it worked good for you. Did your big ring gear bolts show signs beginning to shear? So far everyone I have seen, does. Some of the diffs are unbeleiveably loose in stock form. And, thanks for the good input on my supercharger project.

Lenny

yeah just finished the rear diff and all the bolts were loose 4 were half sheared off and one was completely broke the dummy that safety wired the thing did it backwards :angry: . its a good thing I didn't go on that last ride. one thing on the rear diff is that I took out all the shims between the cone and bearing and when reassembled it still needs to come down to fit the pinion gear better. so what you said about machiening the shoulder down is a possibility. mine wasn't that bad so i just set it as best i could.

Kevin

yeah just finished the rear diff and all the bolts were loose 4 were half sheared off and one was completely broke the dummy that safety wired the thing did it backwards :angry: . its a good thing I didn't go on that last ride. one thing on the rear diff is that I took out all the shims between the cone and bearing and when reassembled it still needs to come down to fit the pinion gear better. so what you said about machiening the shoulder down is a possibility. mine wasn't that bad so i just set it as best i could.

Kevin

I'm just amazed that everybodys diffs aren't falling apart left an right.

Lenny

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got any more of these kits. My front end was grinding a little so I might as well upgrade if I am going to open it up.

Sorry, but I don't. I do understand hat Joyner has decided to warranty any differentials that go bad. You may want to consult joyner or your dealer.

Lenny