Quantcast

Need feedback on China made UTV's!

1Bad87gn

I have been looking at several different China made UTV's, especially the HiSun Yamaha Rino copy. I want to know if anyone has any first or second hand info on the quality/reliability of these machines (or any other China UTV's), who makes the engines, and availability of replacement parts. Also, who is a good reputable dealer/source to do business with? What internet sellers are running scams, as I would like to stay away from them.

I do not own a UTV as of yet, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
I have been looking at several different China made UTV's, especially the HiSun Yamaha Rino copy. I want to know if anyone has any first or second hand info on the quality/reliability of these machines (or any other China UTV's), who makes the engines, and availability of replacement parts. Also, who is a good reputable dealer/source to do business with? What internet sellers are running scams, as I would like to stay away from them.

Thanks,

Mike

Silverbullet.

Hi mike glad to see you on our site.As far as i know .And i am a JOYNER DEALER i would never buy any thing but a Joyner.We found the bigest

problum with any of these utv's Is you cant get parts for them.I see it says Yamaha.What i would do call Yamaha dealer to see if they will be stocking

parts for these utv.At Joyner it took 6 yrs.to get it right.And we are still getting the small things right.We carry over 2 million dollors in parts.In this market if you cant get parts you out of luck.I have never heard any thing about this model.So i dont know what to tell you.Any question's give me a call.928 344 2117

I had a good look a few of these units and know a friend who bought a knockoff Rhino, since then he regretted every minute of it. There are a million different manufactures of these units and they all seem to be of the same caliber. I have read about this topic more than once and it seems that the general consensus is that you get what you pay for. I recomend finding the UTV buyers guild and doing some investigating. I personally went with Joyner and one of the biggest selling features was the 3yr warranty that is available.

Chris

I had a good look a few of these units and know a friend who bought a knockoff Rhino, since then he regretted every minute of it. There are a million different manufactures of these units and they all seem to be of the same caliber. I have read about this topic more than once and it seems that the general consensus is that you get what you pay for. I recomend finding the UTV buyers guild and doing some investigating. I personally went with Joyner and one of the biggest selling features was the 3yr warranty that is available.

Chris

Silverbullet.

Hi Chris If i were you i would check out the Joyners.They make many different models.Thear are more jeep like with no body.Since the drive train

is from a car.All utv have thear qurks inc Rhino-Ranger-arctic cat.Just go to thear forums.WITH JOYNER 3 YR WARRANTY. It covers almost every

thing. Except clutch cables brakes.So go have some fun and test ride them.If the dealer wont let you drive one go some whear else.Silverbulletmotorsports.net

• 5 months later...

I have a QLINK FrontRunner 700 and nothing but praise for it. Goes anywhere the expensive makes do, comes with lots of standard equipment and runs 52 mph (on GPS) with a passenger. No problems with it at all. The 700cc retails for $7995 and the 500cc retails for $6995.

• 3 months later...

I have a QLINK FrontRunner 700 and nothing but praise for it. Goes anywhere the expensive makes do, comes with lots of standard equipment and runs 52 mph (on GPS) with a passenger. No problems with it at all. The 700cc retails for $7995 and the 500cc retails for $6995.

II have the 2010 700cc Tomoto/Hisun. Got jan this year,,,had to put it together ,,really came packed up in a crate…after unpacking 1 day,

Then about 2 days putting it together…It started right up…

Everything worked great…about 2 months ago I had a starting problem.

One day started find 2 days later No Start,,.then it would turn over very.very Slow then it would take off and start,,,the next thing..This New Gas with the Ethenol worked on the carb,,I did’nt start it for about 2 weeks and then it would not start at all..No gas going the carb…So I took it to a ATV dealer the sells these now…he replaced the needle and got it started,,,BUT,,said the slow turn over was Compression Lock…And it may loosen up after running in a few months of riding,,,I sure hope so…another Fix for that would be replaced Battery with a higher 800cc cranking amps…But all in all,Im happy with it so far…I saved about $4,000 bux on this purchase.between this one and the Yamaha Rhino,,So I guess when I put $4,000 in it,,I guess I could say,you paid for what you get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Mike

Silverbullet

Hi Mike

Yes i have first hand info i have driven the HiSun Rzr copy and let me tell you this is the best bilt sidexside from china to this date.It comes with 800 CC V Twin automatic Hi Low trans.The fit and finsh is vary good.Its nice in side seats are like A Rhino a little plan but has A nice feel.Gages are nice.and has low center of gravity.We will be the distributer for this cpmpany.They have 3 models to chose from.Any more info call me i cane make a great deal on this and all new joyners.928 344 2117

Silverbulletmotorsports.net

The new 2011 Joyners Are on thear way.

Trooper T2 T4

Rengade R2 R4

1100CC Sand Viper

250 CC Sand Viper.

Thease all new ,Troopers Rengades,

Have all been up graded New Differantials front & rear New Shocks new Rack & Pionun Steering New Rear Cage with Tire mounted low New Bed Tires & Wheels Lights Under Fenders

plus many more up grades.They will arriva in about 6 to 8 weeks.Order early and save lots of money JOYNER AS NEVER BEFORE!

• 6 months later...

II have the 2010 700cc Tomoto/Hisun. Got jan this year,,,had to put it together ,,really came packed up in a crate…after unpacking 1 day,

Then about 2 days putting it together…It started right up…

Everything worked great…about 2 months ago I had a starting problem.

One day started find 2 days later No Start,,.then it would turn over very.very Slow then it would take off and start,,,the next thing..This New Gas with the Ethenol worked on the carb,,I did’nt start it for about 2 weeks and then it would not start at all..No gas going the carb…So I took it to a ATV dealer the sells these now…he replaced the needle and got it started,,,BUT,,said the slow turn over was Compression Lock…And it may loosen up after running in a few months of riding,,,I sure hope so…another Fix for that would be replaced Battery with a higher 800cc cranking amps…But all in all,Im happy with it so far…I saved about $4,000 bux on this purchase.between this one and the Yamaha Rhino,,So I guess when I put $4,000 in it,,I guess I could say,you paid for what you get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Though the same product our QLink units are set up by dealers. A good PDI with parts readily available helps preventing 'setup hickups' as you experienced yourself. Call us in Grapevine if you have any questions!

• 3 years later...

II have the 2010 700cc Tomoto/Hisun. Got jan this year,,,had to put it together ,,really came packed up in a crateafter unpacking 1 day,

Then about 2 days putting it togetherIt started right up

Everything worked greatabout 2 months ago I had a starting problem.

One day started find 2 days later No Start,,.then it would turn over very.very Slow then it would take off and start,,,the next thing..This New Gas with the Ethenol worked on the carb,,I didnt start it for about 2 weeks and then it would not start at all..No gas going the carbSo I took it to a ATV dealer the sells these nowhe replaced the needle and got it started,,,BUT,,said the slow turn over was Compression LockAnd it may loosen up after running in a few months of riding,,,I sure hope soanother Fix for that would be replaced Battery with a higher 800cc cranking ampsBut all in all,Im happy with it so farI saved about $4,000 bux on this purchase.between this one and the Yamaha Rhino,,So I guess when I put $4,000 in it,,I guess I could say,you paid for what you get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Here is a hint on the compression lock.....motor spins great with spark plug out but will stall a few degree(s) BTDC on compression stroke and then reverse when starter button released.....only to repeat the grunt 3 to 5 times and then break thru and have enough momentum to start cranking...... that applies to most ATVs---check the exhaust valve clearance.......also there were some decompression plates that were punched out wrong. This is the spring/flyweight assy held on the outboard side of the cam gear by the two (2) bolts. This rotates and pins the decompression.......the problem is that "some" do not rotate as far as others...meaning that the decomp will work at first but fade away with the valve adjustment. The problem is NOT the two little "pins" in the notch....the flyweight "inside" will hit the round face of the end of the cam....stopping the rotation and thus the decomp travel. This was in several of the Hisun badge machines (Rhino clone Hisun motor which can be used to rebuild the top end of the Yamaha). I used a die grinder/cyl carbide burr to trim a "bigger" inside diameter of the weight........the weight looks like two parts pressed together of which the "smaller diameter" section is what hits the cam end and reduces the decomp rotation. Hope this helps. P.S. don't drop the bolts or decomp parts down the chain cavity as they are "unhandy to access".

Lack of fuel due to E10+ fuel-------the alloy metal needle body will actually swell and bind in the float valve body...pull with needle nose and "lightly sand" the 4 corners to give more clearance. The stuff is hard on the carb boots also as I have had some units "A C" that the carb actually fell out of the intake boot after the clamp was released.

• 1 year later...

If I can save one person from being ripped off from the company motobuys I will sleep better. I have never before run across a company so unethical it's beyond imagination.

If you decide to go Chinese made, do not use this American company to do so, or you will regret it. To establish the truth of what I'm saying simply google motobuys where you will find (I'm up to 332) complaints of being ripped off!

Happy riding and thank you utvboard for an awesome website.

• 1 year later...

BEWARE OF HISUN YOU'LL BE SORRY I'VE CONTACTED THE MANUFACTURE DEALER AND ALL THEY WANT IS THE INITIAL SALE WARRANTY WORK IS A JOKE AND YOU WILL NEED IT. YOU'LL PROBABLY HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF. MY SONS STRIKE 250 HAS 241 MILES ON IT WITH 3 MONTHS LEFT ON WARRANTY, AND ITS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS. BEWARE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi everyone,new here. Anyway I have a 2012 4x4 YardSport. It also has the compression lock problem which drains the battery quite quickly. Rather tired of having to get the portable generator and battery starter/charger almost every usage. I read the post that I think a fix for this but not being a mechanic,it sounded a lot like greek to me.P.S. I only use 93 octane fuel. I bought it used alittle over 2yrs ago. Replaced the battery but still have the same compression lock. For the non mechanic type,HELP!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all

I have a chinese 169cc Cazador, picked up at a good price but was garaged for 2 years, had problems with fuel and electrics so far. Discovered that top of intake manifold has split and was opening up under load therefore losing vacuum and messing intake mixture up. I think the general consensus is double check all rubber components and perishables including the fuel pump diaphragm as the quality of these are questionable. 

Once I've got this changed and mixture set will give a report back in a few months of use. 

Good luck with your purchasing. 

Keyif ?