Quantcast

Fading

rocmoc

Just washed the Trooper, gets one bath a year, LOL (just kidding, it gets at least two). It is incredible how much the color has faded. Keep in mind my Trooper is stored in an enclosed garage out of the sunlight. The only time it sees the sun is when it is on a ride. I do plan to paint it this next year but still the finish only lasted two years. On it positive note, it still looks GOOD!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexi

Just washed the Trooper, gets one bath a year, LOL (just kidding, it gets at least two). It is incredible how much the color has faded. Keep in mind my Trooper is stored in an enclosed garage out of the sunlight. The only time it sees the sun is when it is on a ride. I do plan to paint it this next year but still the finish only lasted two years. On it positive note, it still looks GOOD!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexi

Are you sure its faded or its been so long since youve seen it clean you forgot what the color should be..... :rolleyes::lol:

rocmoc n AZ/Mexi

I have a red one which is stored inside and the hood is very faded. My son has a blue one and it hasn't faded at all.

• 3 weeks later...

The "Red" seems to be the worst. I have 1 customer w/ a "RED" Renegade that is sunburnt..... the hood is actually black from the sun. The problem exists because Joyner didn't use paint the had UV tolerant pigments, so it fades & burns. The other colors are much better but will show some fading over time.

A.

If you look around at the cars and trucks, you will notice that "Red" & "Silver" are the 2 most problematic colors availble. They oxidize the worst, and require the most attention to keep looking good. Using a good, high quality automotive paint will yield great results. My wife does custom painting of Golfcarts, helmets, & snowmobile hoods. I have noticed quite a bit of difference in the stability of different colors over the years. JMHO

A.

Yup like that Silver stuff. Currently have two Silver ones now and one of my past race cars was Silver. I would NEVER claim this myself but my better 3/4's had a Silver Min-Van when I met her but long gone.

I fave is BMW Alpine Silver and that will be the color.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

What about rhino lining it or some other spray on liner? I have a red that is faded real bad and I was thinking about doing that. What are your thoughts?

Welcome to the forums! I rhinoline jeeps all the time in our 4x4 shop and works awesome, just don't do red.. in a few years of sun you will have a pink joyner.. just my .02

Welcome to the forums! I rhinoline jeeps all the time in our 4x4 shop and works awesome, just don't do red.. in a few years of sun you will have a pink joyner.. just my .02

We also wrapped our trooper, costs about $350 at our guy, less permanent than rhino line and if you get bored with the design you can peel it off and do something different

Load em up and move em out - UTV BOARD - Side X Side and UTV Forum

Would not do Red, thinking more like Black or Green. A wrap could be good I would probably do a camo wrap. I'll look into it. Thanks!