Quantcast

Farmington pictures and videos

Jarrad

I hate to tell you guys, but judging from the photos you posted, you all were riding in a limited use area, not legal for off-road travel. Right now, were are engaged in a fight to keep our riding areas in the Glade open. Someone from the group should've obtained a map from the BLM or from online to see what areas are open to riding off-road. That access route under the powerlines is not allowed for travel. There were carsonite posts installed surrounding the Open OHV area, advising that riding out of those boundries was limited to maintained roadway travel only.

Not trying to spoil the party, I for one want to see our trails opened back up, but if anyone saw you up in the limited use area, I'm sure the BLM's phones are ringing off the hooks this morning. Also, the BLM requires permits to camp in the Glade Run Rec Area. The BLM Rangers were all over at The Dunes for the OHV Open House that was being there, so that kept you from encountering them. But you definitely don't want to get caught riding off-road in a limited use area.

I would hate to see this excursion be used as an additional reason to shut down all of the Glade to all OHVers. Did the Farmington contacts check all this out and advise everyone before the invite?

The Farmington are is home to many world class off-roading areas, the Choke Cherry Glade area was even televised on Extreme 4X4 TV this past weekend on Spike and we even host the WEROC National Rock Crawling Championships, but there are limited use areas that are in contention right now with battles going on between mtn-bikers, ranchers, OHVers and Jeepers. It would be good to find all pertinent info on an area before using. Anyone that wants to come to this area for riding, I would be happy to get them all the needed info for OHV use and might even be available to show them around and get them to some of the more fun trails.

Below is the link to the BLM Use Map for the Glade Run Rec Area and a link to the BLM site for the Glade. Please, do post positive comments to the BLM about keeping the riding areas open and that fact that many of you traveled from out of state to visit the Glade. Help us keep this area open for future OHV use by voicing positive comments.

Map

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/nm/programs/recreation/rec_docs.Par.57110.File.dat/brochure_map_2.pdf

BLM Glade Site

Glade Run Recreation Area

Plan/Use Review Glade Site

GRRA Improvement Public Forum

I hate to tell you guys, but judging from the photos you posted, you all were riding in a limited use area, not legal for off-road travel. Right now, were are engaged in a fight to keep our riding areas in the Glade open. Someone from the group should've obtained a map from the BLM or from online to see what areas are open to riding off-road. That access route under the powerlines is not allowed for travel. There were carsonite posts installed surrounding the Open OHV area, advising that riding out of those boundries was limited to maintained roadway travel only.

Not trying to spoil the party, I for one want to see our trails opened back up, but if anyone saw you up in the limited use area, I'm sure the BLM's phones are ringing off the hooks this morning. Also, the BLM requires permits to camp in the Glade Run Rec Area. The BLM Rangers were all over at The Dunes for the OHV Open House that was being there, so that kept you from encountering them. But you definitely don't want to get caught riding off-road in a limited use area.

I would hate to see this excursion be used as an additional reason to shut down all of the Glade to all OHVers. Did the Farmington contacts check all this out and advise everyone before the invite?

The Farmington are is home to many world class off-roading areas, the Choke Cherry Glade area was even televised on Extreme 4X4 TV this past weekend on Spike and we even host the WEROC National Rock Crawling Championships, but there are limited use areas that are in contention right now with battles going on between mtn-bikers, ranchers, OHVers and Jeepers. It would be good to find all pertinent info on an area before using. Anyone that wants to come to this area for riding, I would be happy to get them all the needed info for OHV use and might even be available to show them around and get them to some of the more fun trails.

Below is the link to the BLM Use Map for the Glade Run Rec Area and a link to the BLM site for the Glade. Please, do post positive comments to the BLM about keeping the riding areas open and that fact that many of you traveled from out of state to visit the Glade. Help us keep this area open for future OHV use by voicing positive comments.

Map

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/nm/programs/recreation/rec_docs.Par.57110.File.dat/brochure_map_2.pdf

BLM Glade Site

We all had our camping permit, I know I for one picked mine up personally friday at the office out there, As far as the off limits places I had a map but the map they gave me at the office was kinda shitty and hard to make heads or tails of, Our guide on the tour was someone there from farmington, and I am sure he knows what and where to ride, if not then it happens.. No excuses though I know I for one will never head back out to Farmington, a big haul from me from Texas, I would like to see it somewhere else next year, or group it in with an organized event of some sort, maybe Moab utv rally..

We all had our camping permit, I know I for one picked mine up personally friday at the office out there, As far as the off limits places I had a map but the map they gave me at the office was kinda shitty and hard to make heads or tails of, Our guide on the tour was someone there from farmington, and I am sure he knows what and where to ride, if not then it happens.. No excuses though I know I for one will never head back out to Farmington, a big haul from me from Texas, I would like to see it somewhere else next year, or group it in with an organized event of some sort, maybe Moab utv rally..

Glad you had yours. The photos from under the powerlines is way north of the open area and illegal for off-road travel. The video in the sandwash was also north of the open area. I guess the rally in the glade was somewhat an informal one though, which was good since no permits for an organized rally were issued (the issuing officer was at the dunes all day and wasn't aware of a rally going on).

Contact Kyle at Rally On The Rocks and see if he can accomodate you all next year at his rally in Moab. He puts on a great rally that has lots of events, good trailrides and lots of vendors.

Glad you had yours. The photos from under the powerlines is way north of the open area and illegal for off-road travel. The video in the sandwash was also north of the open area. I guess the rally in the glade was somewhat an informal one though, which was good since no permits for an organized rally were issued (the issuing officer was at the dunes all day and wasn't aware of a rally going on).

Contact Kyle at Rally On The Rocks and see if he can accomodate you all next year at his rally in Moab. He puts on a great rally that has lots of events, good trailrides and lots of vendors.

There was no rally at the glades.. you must have us mistaken for some other group? we were just a few friends getting together for a weekend trail ride and bullshit session :) anyhow Looks can be decieving? I am pretty sure the powerline pictures were taken at a area in Arizona beforehand and were lumped on my camera.. as far as all videos go they were all taken within 200 yards of our camp, and well within our right to ride on, I am not here to argue about whats right or wrong, it happened and if we broke any rules then contact me and let me know what damages there were incured, but as far as I am concerned there were no rules broken and nobody to be there to say yes or no that they were

There was no rally at the glades.. you must have us mistaken for some other group? we were just a few friends getting together for a weekend trail ride and bullshit session :) anyhow Looks can be decieving? I am pretty sure the powerline pictures were taken at a area in Arizona beforehand and were lumped on my camera.. as far as all videos go they were all taken within 200 yards of our camp, and well within our right to ride on, I am not here to argue about whats right or wrong, it happened and if we broke any rules then contact me and let me know what damages there were incured, but as far as I am concerned there were no rules broken and nobody to be there to say yes or no that they were

Great answers.... lets keep them as that..

My concern is if anyone complained to the BLM about illegal UTV riding. We have had several major issues over the last couple of years that have caused a conflict to arise with mtn-bikers and horseriders in the Glade. Right now, the Glade is under review and there are no trails open for motorized riding outside of the Open OHV Area down at the southern end of the Glade. And for nobody being there to, all the Rangers were at an organized event on the south side of Farmington....so consider yourself lucky. The Rangers here drive modified RZR-S's and Yamaha Raptors, so there wouldn't be an issue of outrunning them. Who ever it was that was local and guiding you, should've known that anything north of the intersection at Brown's Spring was off-limits except for running in the Glade Sandwash itself.

I'm not saying anyone damaged anything, I just wanted to let everyone know for future riding. Nationwide, if we don't start fighting closures, we all will lose our riding areas. And riding in illegal areas, even though I don't condone those closures, can adversely affect all of our riding areas.

Bottom line is, we all need to work together to keep our riding areas open.

Map

BLM Glade Site

Not true. We were in the open area and were visited by the local ranger. No problem from or with our play weekend.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Not true. We were in the open area and were visited by the local ranger. No problem from or with our play weekend.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

But the powerline pics are north of the open area by quite a ways. You may have been in the Limited OHV Area, but that means you are restricted to maintained roads and designated trails, of which there are none right now, the trails in the limited area are all shut down until further notice by the BLM.

We are trying to get the BLM to put in the 38 mile UTV loop that had been planned for several years and also to reopen the trails that they recently shut down pending review.

But the powerline pics are north of the open area by quite a ways. You may have been in the Limited OHV Area, but that means you are restricted to maintained roads and designated trails, of which there are none right now, the trails in the limited area are all shut down until further notice by the BLM.

We are trying to get the BLM to put in the 38 mile UTV loop that had been planned for several years and also to reopen the trails that they recently shut down pending review.

Undisclosed location in Arizona.. not NM

Darryl,

The powerline pic is on private land. The local guide knew the landowners and obtain permission for us to drive the oil field roads, lots of dust, to the overlook. Not to worry, it was not in the Glade protected area. We too do not want to lose any riding areas. I do understand the confession now.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

The Ranger that visited us was most pleasant and informative, and complimented us on having a clean camp, visited with the kids and made them honorary rangers. We saw the no ride placards and obeyed when a few of went past Brown's spring and as the ranger said, stayed on bladed roads.

I wish you and the other riders of NM the best in your endeavors to keep the open land you have and to gain more. I believe we represented Joyner rider in a good light.

Kinarfi

Guest Lenny

Map

BLM Glade Site

Well Darryl, I appreciate your concern. It's the same as we all have. However, when we spoke to the ranger and told him where we were riding, he had no problem with it. He mentioned the boundries and we had not crossed them. We did see the markers he told us to watch out for and stayed out of restricted areas. As far as the prower line goes, permission was given as per the local dealer in Farmington who organized the location and available trails for our group of friends that met there. As far as permits go, everybody that was there had a permit. I suspect that you unknowlingly saw the powerline shots as off limits but if permission was given then you were mistaken. But to jump into assuming that we didn't have camping permits and were lucky we didn't get caught, well, you were jumping to conclusions on something you didn't know anything about. Unfortunately, when you start throwing out accusations without having any facts to back you up, well, that just discredits everything you have to say. We all want the trails to stay open but attacking those that are trying hard to do things correctly isn't the place ot start. If an off limit part was run then it wasn't because we didn't attempt to stay where we belonged or didn't have maps but because it wasn't marked well enough to tell the dfferance. We're not a bunch of teenage kids that don't care. We are mature adults, some well into their sixties and do take responsible riding seriously.

Lenny