Quantcast

Aftermarket UTV Enclosures for Joyners.

Aftermarket UTV Enclosures for Joyners  

25 members have voted

1. 1. If Premium aftermarket UTV Enclosures where available for Joyner Troopers, Renegades & Commandos, would you be interested?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. Would you like to see more aftermarket parts made for your Joyner(like No Limits Powersports & Silver Bullet Motorsports are doing)?

• No
    • Yes

I recently started selling GCL UTV Enclosures but like most aftermarket suppliers, Joyner isn't catered for. The stock Joyner Enclosures are basic so there is room for an aftermarket enclosure to enhance your UTV. GCL UTV have full enclosures with a folding Lexan Windshield which is a practically modular unit. That means for cold or wet days you keep the full enclosure complete, for spring and autumn zip the doors off or roll them back and you now have a mini cab. If you want the back window off, it zips off all the way and you end up with just the windshield and top. If you don't want the windshield on, just loosen the knob bolts on the six quick connect clamps and out that comes, but I would just open it. These would be great for your rainy seasons and in the snow that I hear about from you guys all the time over there. This isn't a sales pitch, well maybe it was if you have a Rhino, Mule, Big Red, RZR & so on, I just want to know, in your humble opinions, if there is a market for a Premium UTV Enclosure for our Joyners.

The retail price would be about us$950 for a two seater enclosure as mentioned above and us$1100 for a four seater. Full soft enclosures (no Lexan windshield) for a two seater are about us$570.

The attachments are a full soft enclosure for a 2010 Ranger two seater & a full enclosure with a Lexan Windshield for a Ranger Crew.

For the poll tick yes or no and feel free to add any comments.

Cheers Mike.

post-85-127806691558_thumb.jpg

post-85-127806707899_thumb.jpg

I agree total. These enclosures are more expensive as opposed to our stock Joyner Enclosure because only the best quality materials are used and that seems to be the case for most other parts available. Aftermarket parts for any UTV are very important to the stock manufactures too, whether they realise it or not. What I mean by that is, when a potential customer is looking at buying a UTV, ATV, Motorbike or a Jeep, they are also looking at how they can personalize it. All Powersports manufactures need a good supple of alterative parts to make their brand stand out.

What No Limits, Silver Bullet, Fast Freddie's and even our own Lenny are doing by offering aftermarket parts is making Joyner UTV's stand out, but we need more and so does JMC.

If I got a Trooper or a Renegade Enclosure made up, would there be anyone interested in buying one at cost (for testing purposes, wink, wink)?

The Trooper stock enclosure looks good but the stitching is non-stretch and the zips are appalling. The Renegade Enclosure is fugly and is made to the same standard as unfortunately as the Trooper. Funny enough, the Commando is the pick of the three.

Cheers Mike.

• 1 month later...

I agree total. These enclosures are more expensive as opposed to our stock Joyner Enclosure because only the best quality materials are used and that seems to be the case for most other parts available. Aftermarket parts for any UTV are very important to the stock manufactures too, whether they realise it or not. What I mean by that is, when a potential customer is looking at buying a UTV, ATV, Motorbike or a Jeep, they are also looking at how they can personalize it. All Powersports manufactures need a good supple of alterative parts to make their brand stand out.

What No Limits, Silver Bullet, Fast Freddie's and even our own Lenny are doing by offering aftermarket parts is making Joyner UTV's stand out, but we need more and so does JMC.

If I got a Trooper or a Renegade Enclosure made up, would there be anyone interested in buying one at cost (for testing purposes, wink, wink)?

The Trooper stock enclosure looks good but the stitching is non-stretch and the zips are appalling. The Renegade Enclosure is fugly and is made to the same standard as unfortunately as the Trooper. Funny enough, the Commando is the pick of the three.

Cheers Mike.

I live in Idaho, plan on using this winter. Would really like to try 1.. lmk how much, very interested..Quig

Just looked closer at 2 seater without windshield,would love 1, looks great.!!

Edited by Quig

OK, I've got a bit of interest with these Trooper enclosures. The deal is I need to order a certain amount of enclosures before I can place a order for a new type to be made up by the manufactures. My retail price will be about $650 (normal retail $799)for a full canvas enclosure, but to get these out there, I'll charge cost only plus freight from Kentucky to you. That will be $400 plus freight until I reach that number. I thought I needed a stock enclosure for a template, but as it turns out, a Trooper is needed to get properly fitted out. I have offered plumber first refusal on a below cost enclosure, because he lives in the same state as GCL UTV Enclosures in Kentucky. The stock enclosure is about $300 with some cheaper ones available, but is not very good quality.

So far I have three that are interested and I need a few more. So if you want a chance to buy a top quality enclosure at a bargain price, this is it. If you have modified your Roll-cage or have a T4 this deal is no good for you, sorry rocmoc, Paiute3 & others. To get a better idea, go to http://www.gclutv.com/index.php and look for a full cab enclosure. If you are interested in some of the other products like a Summer cab or a pair of mud stopper doors, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Material colours are Army Camo, Desert Camo, National Guard Camo, Onyx Black and Hemp Beige.

Cheers Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the number to get this order made up by GCL UTV. plumber has talked to Joe at GCL and will be dropping his T2 off in the next week or two. Thanks to all of you that has helped me to get these out there. I will pass on the same price to any of you who would like one up to plumber dropping his Trooper off. If you are looking at maybe a Lexan windshield with a soft enclosure, let me know now and you can have one at cost. This includes those who have ordered a full soft enclosure replacing their other order. I would love to get one done now so I can get some photos. A big thanks to plumber for the use of his Trooper and Quig who has brought three. Joyner have dropped the stock Chinese enclosure manufacture and all going well, these will be replacing them. If anybody has a Renegade R2 or R4 that is in the market for an enclosure, please contact me. I will give you the same deal.

Cheers Mike.

• 4 weeks later...

The Trooper enclosures are nearing design completion so not to long to wait now. I will have photos before you receive them and will post them here as soon as I receive them.

Plumber, thanks once again for the use of your Trooper and sorry that it was needed for so long. Have you got a pick up date yet?

Cheers Mike.

The Trooper enclosures are nearing design completion so not to long to wait now. I will have photos before you receive them and will post them here as soon as I receive them.

Plumber, thanks once again for the use of your Trooper and sorry that it was needed for so long. Have you got a pick up date yet?

Cheers Mike.

Your Wellcome,No pick up date yet I hope I can go get it Oct. 9 that will be one month they should have it done by then.I'm getting a windsheild made for mine they look nice

• 2 weeks later...

Today I talk to the people that are making the enclosures and they told me that I can pick up my trooper saturday oct.16. Boy I will be glad to get it back it's has been five weeks. I'll post pic of the windsheild that they are making for me they gave it to me at half price

Really sorry about such a long time without the Trooper, I had no idea it would be so long. I think your like the windshield and only hope that makes up for it. After Joe from GCL UTV takes photos of your Trooper with the Lexan Windshield and Full Enclosures it will be somewhat of a show-trooper taking it to star status. You could call it a Super Trooper as in the ABBA song. Well it will be used for advertising these two new produces for GCL UTV and my website Pacific Eagle UTV Enclosures & beamed around the globe anyway. I just had a thought, I hope you cleaned it first............... jokes.

Joe and I really appreciate it plumber, nice one. (nice one is Kiwi lingo for good on yar)

A big thank you to all that paid up front for one of the Joyner enclosures too, I needed these numbers before GCL UTV would do a new product and with your support we got it done together. Larry, otherwise know as Quig has ordered two more than he needed to make up the numbers. Larry, you made a deal with me that we would split the profit once the two extra enclosures were sold, sorry but I'm going to break that deal. You get the full 100% profit, end of. I don't care what you say, one good turn deserves another, so the first two sold at full retail price, will be yours.

I know those up north like James in Canada and 4x4x454 in North Dakota will be very keen to get there enclosures as the temperature drops, so once again, apologies for the delay.

Thanks Mike.

Is the windshield easily replaceable? My Lexan windshield is getting pretty trashed up after 3 years, will replace after this winter's trip to Baja. I am also going with thicker next time.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

I'm going to say yes there are only 4 knobs to unscrews go to the web site and you can see what I'm talking about http://www.gclutv.com/polaris/57.htm they are a Lexan Windshield to I belive 1/4"

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a few photos through for the enclosures. GCL UTV have not sent through the full enclosure pics yet but I do have the Lexan windshield and summer cab photos. A Summer cab is a plastic windshield, top cap and rear window.

Plumber, that's one mean winch you've got, speaks volumes about where you drive. Anyway, a link to the photos is below.

http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/nzutv4x4/Trooper%20Enclosures/

I have the photos for the new Trooper enclosure.

post-85-020607100 1287869854_thumb.jpgpost-85-088406100 1287869864_thumb.jpgpost-85-022217600 1287869875_thumb.jpg

All three photos are showing a full cab enclosure with a Lexan Windshield. The soft full cab enclosure will look the same, but will have a Aqua-View Smoked vinyl windshield. (will post pics of these soon)

The retail price for the full enclosure with the Aqua-View Smoked vinyl windshield will be set at us$650 including free shipping for the 48 US States. Alaska & Hawaii will be the same as international rates. The retail price will be cheaper for anybody who is a UTV Boards member. Contact me direct for a price. Also available will be the Lexan Windshield, Doors & rear window combo, Summer Cab/ Windshield-roof & rear window, just a roof cap, full cab with Lexan Windshield, mud stopper half doors and a full cab for a hard windshield.

There are two Black full cabs with a Aqua-View Smoked vinyl windshield left in stock after our first run.

Apologies for the long wait for those who were interested and also those who were not for what would be spam to you.

Cheers Mike.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an up an update with the new Trooper enclosures. No vinyl windshield enclosures have been made at this stage due to GCL being unhappy with the vinyl screen. The full enclosures with a Lexan Windshield are available now for $950 (less 20% discount on UTV Board at the moment) and for a personal opinion PM quig or 4X4X454 on UTV Boards for their take with the enclosures. There was one small problem, the quick release clamps dont come in the same size as the Troopers roll cage bars and 4x4x454 said it was tight getting it on around the light bar brackets, but they did go on. Other than that, both have said that they are very happy. James from Canada has not received his yet, but James, I will go on record here and say you will get one from me at cost at any time, weather it be a full enclosure with a Lexan Windshield, a vinyl Windshield or as you have indicated that you already have a Lexan Windshield on your Trooper, a full enclosure for a hard windshield.

The Lexan Windshield is also available tinted.

I will need another Trooper to visit GCL to re-check and re-fit for the vinyl screen. plumber, if you want a full enclosure for a hard windshield to go with your Lexan screen, you are the man for this job and you need to contact me now.

I also need a Joyner Renegade R2 and R4 owner near Paris KY and needless to say, you will be looked after.

Here are some photos of 4x4x454s Trooper with a Beige enclosure.

Cheers Mike.

post-85-049956800 1290227177_thumb.jpg

post-85-049577600 1290227204_thumb.jpg

post-85-047123300 1290227224_thumb.jpg