Quantcast

SPARK PLUGS FOR TROOPER

stevozz

Hi everyone, I hope that everyone had a great time over the holiday season. I see that there are a couple of different spark plugs that you can get for these engines. I know that the original plugs are iridium plugs. I am a ngk man and I see that the ngk iridium #bkr5eix-11 is among the list, would this be the best plug for this engine? what would you guys recomend? Thank you for your time.

Stevozz

Hi everyone, I hope that everyone had a great time over the holiday season. I see that there are a couple of different spark plugs that you can get for these engines. I know that the original plugs are iridium plugs. I am a ngk man and I see that the ngk iridium #bkr5eix-11 is among the list, would this be the best plug for this engine? what would you guys recomend? Thank you for your time.

Stevozz

On my Yukon, I got about 100,000 miles before I changed out iridiums, I have changed my Trooper plugs yet, how many miles do you have and how do your plugs look? My self, I'd stay with the iridiums, they don't seem to degrade very quickly, but I just hate changing things until I have too, then I put in what I think will last for ever and ever.

Kinarfi

Stevozz

When I was having the cutting out problem I started changing out things in desperation.One of which was the plugs.I did replace them with Iridium and i think they were the NGK.

If you are having plug failure I would be looking other places for the cause. Today's plug should last 50,000 miles and I KNOW no one has put that kind of mileage on their Trooper. Can be anything from bad rings & seals to driving & operation style. There is a reason!

rocmoc n AZ

If you are having plug failure I would be looking other places for the cause. Today's plug should last 50,000 miles and I KNOW no one has put that kind of mileage on their Trooper. Can be anything from bad rings & seals to driving & operation style. There is a reason!

rocmoc n AZ

like i said, i changed mine just looking to resolve the problem i was having.it made no differance and plugs were not the problem,(i could have just wanted an excuse to do something on it)dont tell the wife(LOL)

like i said, i changed mine just looking to resolve the problem i was having.it made no differance and plugs were not the problem,(i could have just wanted an excuse to do something on it)dont tell the wife(LOL)

I'm coming down, "sometime" and you will have to pay me not to tell your wife!! lmao,, I'm looking for way to pay expenses, think I found it!!! roflmao : )

rocmoc n AZ

No everything is ok I am just asking because I took the plugs out to see how they were burning and I just never heard of a torch spark plug before. I just wanted to know which plug everyone here likes so I can write it down in my log book. Because If I replace any parts I try to get different parts then using china made parts thats all. And I am also a ngk fan. Thank you for your input its always welcome.

Stevozz

On my Yukon, I got about 100,000 miles before I changed out iridiums, I have changed my Trooper plugs yet, how many miles do you have and how do your plugs look? My self, I'd stay with the iridiums, they don't seem to degrade very quickly, but I just hate changing things until I have too, then I put in what I think will last for ever and ever.

Kinarfi

Hi Kinarfi how are you? My plugs seem to be burning good, Yes I think when I do replace them they will be ngk iridiums. Do you know if anyone uses mobil 1 fully syn oil in their troopers? If you ever come down to Arizona let me know, we will hook up to do some riding. That goes for everyone, as long as the timing is right. This thing called a job gets in the way sometimes. You take care Kinarfi and have fun on your trooper.

Stevozz

Hi Rick how are you doing? What was the problem with it cutting out on you?

Stevozz

Hi Rick how are you doing? What was the problem with it cutting out on you?

Stevozz

Im doing fine stevoz,I also use mobile 1 in mine.problem was it would just start cutting out as driving.it would not do it all the time and it would not last.I would stop rev her up a few times and it would be fine.sometimes it would do it 3 or 4 times while out for a ride and then again sometimes it would not do it at all.checked wiring,fuel pump,changed fuel filter,regulator,air filter,cleaned fuel tank twice,changed plugs,and still did it.I ended up changing ICU and since then i have had it out 3-4 trips now and no problems.

Im doing fine stevoz,I also use mobile 1 in mine.problem was it would just start cutting out as driving.it would not do it all the time and it would not last.I would stop rev her up a few times and it would be fine.sometimes it would do it 3 or 4 times while out for a ride and then again sometimes it would not do it at all.checked wiring,fuel pump,changed fuel filter,regulator,air filter,cleaned fuel tank twice,changed plugs,and still did it.I ended up changing ICU and since then i have had it out 3-4 trips now and no problems.

I had mine just stop running and then it would run seemed for no reason. Ended up running a groung wire to the computer external cover and fixed it. Discovered it while looking for the problem. just happened to groung the cover while trying it and it started. When I ungrounded it, it wouldn't. I use Mobile 1 15w-50 synthetic also with a larger oil pan, 9 quarts, and a larger oil filter, about twice the size of stock. Oil pressure stays good now.

Lenny

I had mine just stop running and then it would run seemed for no reason. Ended up running a groung wire to the computer external cover and fixed it. Discovered it while looking for the problem. just happened to groung the cover while trying it and it started. When I ungrounded it, it wouldn't. I use Mobile 1 15w-50 synthetic also with a larger oil pan, 9 quarts, and a larger oil filter, about twice the size of stock. Oil pressure stays good now.

Lenny

Hi Lenny, about the oil pressure sometimes on a ride I notice that sometimes I stop and leave it idle for alittle bit my oil pressure light flashes and my gauge is low. But that is only sometimes. How accurate are these gauges ? I am not to impressed with them at all. My camo one is doing it and I only have about 550 miles on it. Did you have that problem too?

Thanks Stevozz

Glad it wasnt nothing major, but I am sure that you had alot of time into it. Yes I will be running mobil 1 fully syn in mine too, I really belive in fully syn motor oil. I already been putting it in my trans and both diffs.

Stevozz

Hi Rocmoc, how are you? do you also put mobli 1 in your trans and diffs?

Good morning stevozz,

Doing better after the bug I had last week.

I am using Castrol Syntec purchased at Pep Boys. I was using Royal Purple but too expensive. Used it once before the Castrol and I can't tell any diff.

rocmoc n AZ

Hi Lenny, about the oil pressure sometimes on a ride I notice that sometimes I stop and leave it idle for alittle bit my oil pressure light flashes and my gauge is low. But that is only sometimes. How accurate are these gauges ? I am not to impressed with them at all. My camo one is doing it and I only have about 550 miles on it. Did you have that problem too?

Thanks Stevozz

Mine does the same thing.

Thanks Stevozz

The oil just gets too hot. The 2011 Troopers will come with an oil cooler to help. The gauge is probably ok as it shows OK when the engine is cool so it seems to be reading oil pressure. The pressure is just drooping from heat. Some of the others on here have added an oil cooler. You can get an adapter that goes between the engine block and oil filter to run the lines to and from for the cooler. I will also add a cooler when I get to it even though I may not need it anymore. My oil pan is a custom one I made out of aluminum so it disipates a lot of heat quickly. Low oil pressure should be a real concern.

Lenny

The oil just gets too hot. The 2011 Troopers will come with an oil cooler to help. The gauge is probably ok as it shows OK when the engine is cool so it seems to be reading oil pressure. The pressure is just drooping from heat. Some of the others on here have added an oil cooler. You can get an adapter that goes between the engine block and oil filter to run the lines to and from for the cooler. I will also add a cooler when I get to it even though I may not need it anymore. My oil pan is a custom one I made out of aluminum so it disipates a lot of heat quickly. Low oil pressure should be a real concern.

Lenny

Just wondering if anyone has a part number or any info on the adapter.Thanks Lenny

Lenny

Hi Lenny how are you today? I was just asking because it just started to do that, and right now the weather is alot cooler and my water temp gauge even shows that its running alittle cooler. When I was running it in the summer heat it never did what its doing now, and again its only sometimes, as soon as you give it gas its no problem. I just changed my engine oil and filter with mobil 1 fully syn 10w40 for the winter and then in the summer I will be putting in mobil 1 fully syn 20w50 because of the heat in Arizona. I am also in the middle of making test air scoops and ducting to also bring in air from the outside that will blow on the engine and also to keep the engine area cooler, at least I hope that it will work. I will never be done playing around with these things, I just love it. No I am not married so that is also a big help with having time to do this.

Stevozz

Good morning stevozz,

Doing better after the bug I had last week.

I am using Castrol Syntec purchased at Pep Boys. I was using Royal Purple but too expensive. Used it once before the Castrol and I can't tell any diff.

rocmoc n AZ

Glad to hear that you are doing better I had it about 2 weeks ago its wasnt fun at all, this bug thing I mean.