Welcome to UTV BOARD - UTV Forum, Side by Side Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AngolasBest

Tires

15 posts in this topic

I have heard the biggest tires you can run on the T4 is 30". Is this true? If so, do you rub at all when turning? Do you have to have the power steering add on to run this big of a tire?

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I have heard the biggest tires you can run on the T4 is 30". Is this true? If so, do you rub at all when turning? Do you have to have the power steering add on to run this big of a tire?

I have 30" on my T4 and they do not rub.If yo go bigger then you will have to do some mods.You dont have to have power steering but sure would be nice.

T4 has the same front end and suspension as a T2. Lenny & myself have been running 31X10.50X15 for a couple of years. You have to modify the firewall a little and do not need power steering anymore than already required. There are post of how we modified our T2's. Lenny cut and weld a change to his firewall & I used a big hammer and did the same thing, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

But 30's should fit fine without having to modify the firewall correct?

But 30's should fit fine without having to modify the firewall correct?

mine does.did not have to modify.

Thanks Rick!

So when are you fabricating doors for mine Rick?

Thanks Rick!

So when are you fabricating doors for mine Rick?

I shipped them out to you two weeks ago,by the way wheres the check???(LOL)

I shipped them out to you two weeks ago,by the way wheres the check???(LOL)

I'm sure ck is in mail, just like you shipped doors? lmao,, Oh! wait, none of my business? who cares!! Quig

Actually I got the check. Didn't know what it was for but I spent it anyway. Figured it must have been for some good deed I did, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Actually I got the check. Didn't know what it was for but I spent it anyway. Figured it must have been for some good deed I did, LOL!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

It's hard to believe that you have not been rewarded before for the many good deeds you do, LOL! No this is not what I said somebody is changing what I wrote.What I can't joke with rocmoc

I have a question would it hurt to run 30" tires on the back and 28" tires on the front.What I'm looking for is when I climb a big hill if the back is up higher than the front it will be harder for the front to lift up.

I have a question would it hurt to run 30" tires on the back and 28" tires on the front.What I'm looking for is when I climb a big hill if the back is up higher than the front it will be harder for the front to lift up.

Has to be the same size. You will rip the equipment apart when you get on a hard surface with the front turning at a different # of revolution than the Rear. Don't do it!

See, I do good deeds! :)

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

In 4 X 4, If the big rear tires are getting good traction, the smaller front tires are being pushed and skidded and if the front has the traction, the bigger rear tires are spinning. I understand there are a few places where you want the front and back to have different speeds, and I believe you want the fronts to pull the rears instead of being pushed by the rears.

Jeff

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I hope you use it as a down payment on the pool for that rolling 5 star Hotel of yours.We might need...and we will expect you to come by sprayiing cool water on us as we lay on the pool deck.