Quantcast

It's time to vote on where to jamboree

Kinarfi

Jamboree Site  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the Jamboree to be at?

• South of Hanksville where Lenny and Kinarfi went
    • Moab, no place selected as of yet
    • make your own suggestion
  2. 2. will you be coming

• yes
    • no

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lenny

voted! See everyone there! We will be in Marysvale before the Jamboree if anyone would like to try the Paiute.

We usually hit the Paiute Trail in August when things are hot in Hurricane. Have you always gone to the Marysvale area of the Paiute? Have you tried other areas? We've explored between Beaver and Marysvale and we are looking to meet up with family in a different area this year. Any suggestions? Have you done any of the Paiute Trails between Hwy. 89 & Hwy. 62? What about the Fish Lake area?

Before the Jamboree this year, I believe we are going to try the Burr Trail that heads east out of Boulder Town...I've heard some good things about this Backway. It should take us over to Hwy. 276 just south of the Jamboree camp site. The trails around the Box-Death Hollow Wilderness have always been of interest to Jeanne. It's west of Boulder Town / Hwy. 12 in the Dixie National Forest. Have you done this area? We may try that out too if we have time...we have driven by it way too many times without stopping.

Looking forward to seeing you and George again this year at the Jamboree!!

Lenny

We usually hit the Paiute Trail in August when things are hot in Hurricane. Have you always gone to the Marysvale area of the Paiute? Have you tried other areas? We've explored between Beaver and Marysvale and we are looking to meet up with family in a different area this year. Any suggestions? Have you done any of the Paiute Trails between Hwy. 89 & Hwy. 62? What about the Fish Lake area?

Before the Jamboree this year, I believe we are going to try the Burr Trail that heads east out of Boulder Town...I've heard some good things about this Backway. It should take us over to Hwy. 276 just south of the Jamboree camp site. The trails around the Box-Death Hollow Wilderness have always been of interest to Jeanne. It's west of Boulder Town / Hwy. 12 in the Dixie National Forest. Have you done this area? We may try that out too if we have time...we have driven by it way too many times without stopping.

Looking forward to seeing you and George again this year at the Jamboree!!

Lenny

If you can squeeze in the Burr trail, by all means, DO IT, Been there once and want to do it again. Fantastic scenery. Start at Escalante, stop and walk up to calf creek fall, and then continue on to Burr trail to the Jamboree.

Jeff

I'll need a 2xl and an xl, but I want a shirt pocket for my glasses or I'll not see you and run over you. May I suggest an artist's characterization off a green Dino with a ball cap and a YELLOW Trooper with oversized tires and extra big fenders that basically looks like mine, but definitely looks like a trooper ;):lol:B):blink: OK??????

Linda says to expect to pay $10 - $15 per shirt.

Kinarfi

Guest Lenny

I'll need a 2xl and an xl, but I want a shirt pocket for my glasses or I'll not see you and run over you. May I suggest an artist's characterization off a green Dino with a ball cap and a YELLOW Trooper with oversized tires and extra big fenders that basically looks like mine, but definitely looks like a trooper ;):lol:B):blink: OK??????

Kinarfi

Maybe we can get Mopartist to do the artwork, him being an animation artist. I'd rather not have a pocket.

Lenny

Maybe we can get Mopartist to do the artwork, him being an animation artist. I'd rather not have a pocket.

Lenny

Well since sooner or later, Rocmoc :lol: is going to have to take orders, shirt pocket or not could be one the options. While mopartist is making drawings, we need a emoticon with the foot in the mouth! :lol:

Lenny

Hello Kinarfi

I was messin around with Photoshop and thought I'd give the design for the Jamboree a shot. I didn't do the lettering yet because i wasn't sure what you guys wanted. If this will work; let me know; I can set the lettering display, or make changes if you want. I did the color in light blue so that it didn't favor any particular Trooper. Yellow is kinda hard on T-shirt design as the inks don't cover very well.

-Ken

2043838290104282158ShOwhg_th.jpg Click on it for larger view

Let's have some comments, I think Mopartist has done a good job, I like the idea of not favoring any one particular Trooper, even if it's not yellow :P , may want to modify the Dinos a little bit away from Flintstones, just a comment. from kinarfi who hyjact this reply so it stay under Mopartist's post.

Hello Kinarfi

I was messin around with Photoshop and thought I'd give the design for the Jamboree a shot. I didn't do the lettering yet because i wasn't sure what you guys wanted. If this will work; let me know; I can set the lettering display, or make changes if you want. I did the color in light blue so that it didn't favor any particular Trooper. Yellow is kinda hard on T-shirt design as the inks don't cover very well.

-Ken

2043838290104282158ShOwhg_th.jpg Click on it for larger view

Let's have some comments, I think Mopartist has done a good job, I like the idea of not favoring any one particular Trooper, even if it's not yellow :P , may want to modify the Dinos a little bit away from Flintstones, just a comment. from kinarfi who hyjact this reply so it stay under Mopartist's post.

bump

Guest Lenny

bump

Should the dinos be like sort of old like me? Can we do a caricature of the Trooper that exaggerates or distorts the essence of it to create an easily identifiable visual likeness a touch mean and sort od dangerrous for old guys to be driving? Nice work Mopartist. Thanks for the effort.

Lenny

Ya know; it's funny you said that Lenny. I was thinking for some reason that we were all so old that we revert back to age 6. Why the heck am I doing kiddy cartoons? I dunno; but I'll revamp and start over. Wierd; my hot rod artwork never appealed to little kids. :blink:

Dinerinprogresssmall.jpg?t=1302754941

Very cool..

I like the concept of a bunch of troopers around a central theme, maybe a big rock, a small plateau, maybe a fire. some stock some big wheels, maybe we should all take a photo of out vehicle and send it in and then caricature that, maybe even us.

May the road runner a red superbee and that's what I had.

Kinarafi

Alway wished I could draw, what talent, you're doing good.

Guest Lenny

I like the concept of a bunch of troopers around a central theme, maybe a big rock, a small plateau, maybe a fire. some stock some big wheels, maybe we should all take a photo of out vehicle and send it in and then caricature that, maybe even us.

May the road runner a red superbee and that's what I had.

Kinarafi

Alway wished I could draw, what talent, you're doing good.

I'm thinking that a bunch of Troopers would be too much for a T-shirt. You would have to be too close to see what was really in the picture.

Lenny

Guest Lenny

Hey Lenny, since you are towing with your truck, can you bring you tail gate so we can use your truck to do this? :lol:

2903413490104282158NHXBEP_th.jpg

Only if you will strip and get in it at the Jamboree.

Lenny

Kinarfi

Did a little price checking and Utah has an import fee so the price to Utah residents is going to be in excess of $30 per shirt.

LOL! not really.

rocmoc n AZ/CA

Ok; so I dunno much about silk screening and T-shirt prints; but if this will work; you can use it if you want. (I learned some new tricks in photoshop, and wanted to try them out.)

Love the pic only we need a OLD dinosaur behind the steering wheel. And I love the fact the color of the Trooper is a non-factory color! Not eveyone likes YELLOW, red or whatever!

rocmoc n AZ/CA

Guest Lenny

Ok; so I dunno much about silk screening and T-shirt prints; but if this will work; you can use it if you want. (I learned some new tricks in photoshop, and wanted to try them out.)

I think we are getting closer. I like the old dino character too as Rocmoc sujested. Can we get the front tire to look a bit wider on top.

Lenny