Quantcast

New intake manifold for trooper

I just got my intake manifold today from goindeep.

I'm going to go to hardware store and buy pipe plugs and pipe barbs and then auto parts store to get a tube of black rtv then ill be cleaning my throttle body in simple green (50/50 mix with water) then rtv it up and mount the intake manifold on the engine.

Ill take more pictures when its installed and let you all know how i like it.

One thing i already love about it is that its very compact

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

post-1099-134677344624_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134677345755_thumb.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys, we are bulding them for anyone who would like one. they produce amazing throttle response and good top end power the biggest notice was when we added it to a turbo motor! sorry but we do not have dyno numbers yet, as i was talking about before we are building a full built motor in one of our troopers so we are reserving our dyno time for when that one is complete, at which time we will be testing all of our products individually for performance numbers... we are running this intake on two of our troopers now and love them! we have been moving into our new shop for about the last two weeks and it has been a little crazy but we hope to be fully operational as of friday. as soon as i get to work in the shop i am going to build a handful of intakes so that they are ready to ship. i built one for nocturnalsixer and would like to get his input on it before i send anymore out (only because we have had limited use of the intake in a non-turbo setup) so if he has good things to say then they will be available for $550.00 and you will have several options to chose from on color of powder coating. for anyone who would like more info can call me at anytime @ 713-824-8891

plumber I am sorry we lost contact i was away with family emergency. Again i apologize i know you were looking forward to a turbo.

Again guys we are just getting our doors open and everything we do is had made by me in the shop so turn around time is not going to be very fast at first, i am trying to build some kits to put on the shelf but there is a lot going on. everything we are going to offer understand we build it and test it on our machines first in some of the hashest conditions known to man (east texas MUD).

Long story short, there are a ton of good things coming its just going to take some time. we are not only doing Joyners but ALL atv's... if you have any questions feel free to give me a call or text. I am having problems posting pics on here otherwise i would show you guys a lot more!

Thanks

No Limitz custom atv & Fabrication

Josh West

So far I'm very impressed and happy with my intake manifold from looking at it lol.

I'm taking a break from working on trooper.

I noticed on one of hole that bolt goes into head holding the intake manifold on, that hole goes into water jacket because when i removed that bolt coolant sprayed all over my face.

I pointed out that hole its right above knock sensor.

Also comparison of factory and josh's intake

Josh's intake have much shorter and bigger runners and the pendulum (main body box around throttle body) is much bigger to allow more airflow

post-1099-134680528034_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134680528916_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134680529738_thumb.jpg

Just a little side note, when I re ringed my motor, I wondered if I had stripped some of the intake bolts or the threads in the head, I had no intentions of taking it apart to find out and left it wondering. If I ever have to tear it apart again, I plan to Heli-coil all the threads in the head. Just something else to worry every one.

Just a little side note, when I re ringed my motor, I wondered if I had stripped some of the intake bolts or the threads in the head, I had no intentions of taking it apart to find out and left it wondering. If I ever have to tear it apart again, I plan to Heli-coil all the threads in the head. Just something else to worry every one.

As always, good advice! Ill have to do that when i rebuild my engine its full of gravel dust according to what's inside the old intake manifold, ill put in thread inserts when i get head worked on for turbo eventually

hey guys, we are bulding them for anyone who would like one. they produce amazing throttle response and good top end power the biggest notice was when we added it to a turbo motor! sorry but we do not have dyno numbers yet, as i was talking about before we are building a full built motor in one of our troopers so we are reserving our dyno time for when that one is complete, at which time we will be testing all of our products individually for performance numbers... we are running this intake on two of our troopers now and love them! we have been moving into our new shop for about the last two weeks and it has been a little crazy but we hope to be fully operational as of friday. as soon as i get to work in the shop i am going to build a handful of intakes so that they are ready to ship. i built one for nocturnalsixer and would like to get his input on it before i send anymore out (only because we have had limited use of the intake in a non-turbo setup) so if he has good things to say then they will be available for $550.00 and you will have several options to chose from on color of powder coating. for anyone who would like more info can call me at anytime @ 713-824-8891

plumber I am sorry we lost contact i was away with family emergency. Again i apologize i know you were looking forward to a turbo.

Again guys we are just getting our doors open and everything we do is had made by me in the shop so turn around time is not going to be very fast at first, i am trying to build some kits to put on the shelf but there is a lot going on. everything we are going to offer understand we build it and test it on our machines first in some of the hashest conditions known to man (east texas MUD).

Long story short, there are a ton of good things coming its just going to take some time. we are not only doing Joyners but ALL atv's... if you have any questions feel free to give me a call or text. I am having problems posting pics on here otherwise i would show you guys a lot more!

Thanks

No Limitz custom atv & Fabrication

Josh West

goindeep I'm wanting that 7.5 ford rear end

Got the intake installed but not going to run the engine tonight. I'm done for the night.

Will update with results and my thoughts and feelings on it.

If you see scratches on the intake manifold that's because i was not gentle with the paint i was pretty much scratching it a lot working on it, so if you care about your intake manifold finish you would probably want to put a clean rag under the intake to protect the finish.

post-1099-134681177729_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134681178911_thumb.jpg

post-1099-134681179785_thumb.jpg

7.5 diffs project will be well underway in about two weeks.. we are still doing a lot of research to be sure the 7.5 Ford will be the best to use.. but on another note i have two good trooper front diffs i need to unload if anyone needs one? $600.00 each one has been shimmed by lenny and the other is like new with about 20 miles on it... lemme know

7.5 diffs project will be well underway in about two weeks.. we are still doing a lot of research to be sure the 7.5 Ford will be the best to use.. but on another note i have two good trooper front diffs i need to unload if anyone needs one? $600.00 each one has been shimmed by lenny and the other is like new with about 20 miles on it... lemme know

josh do you have a new contact number or email ? i've not ben able to contact you. for weeks david.

sorry dedub i missed your call today we have been moving and i just got slowed down and calling it a night. i should be good to go fri in the new shop. i have taken a break from working on anything during this move but yes i still have the manifolds i was building for you. i really dont want to sell you mine because of the workmanship in mine is just not all that great being the first one we ever built.. i can try to build you a complete kit and should be able to ship it by the end of next week if you want. give me a call fri and we will figure it out

Josh

Intake manifold made a pretty good difference on my trooper with the Swiss air box mod. Usually when i roll at 5mph and just punch it. It would just hurriedly dash on my gravel driveway, after i installed the intake manifold and decided to do Swiss air box mod and mounted the air box right by my head.

Same thing rolling in my gravel driveway at 5mph in 2nd gear i floored it tonight after i got it running... It just broke loose and really drifted through my yard.

I got to say I'm pretty satisfied so far.

Much more throttle response for sure and sounds slightly different but that's probably because I'm running just open header right now

sorry dedub i missed your call today we have been moving and i just got slowed down and calling it a night. i should be good to go fri in the new shop. i have taken a break from working on anything during this move but yes i still have the manifolds i was building for you. i really dont want to sell you mine because of the workmanship in mine is just not all that great being the first one we ever built.. i can try to build you a complete kit and should be able to ship it by the end of next week if you want. give me a call fri and we will figure it out

Josh

thanks josh

Ok after talking with nocturnalsixer i am going to release and start taking orders for the intake manifolds. we are asking $550 for them with your choice of color on powder coat of silver black or red, exotic colors available for extra $50 charge. shipping time is about a week. for any more questions please call or text me at 713-824-8891

thanks

Josh West

Update after 4 hours of driving trooper today... Tons more mid range and top end power than stock restrictive intake manifold. Lower end is much better id want much more though lol but I think cam and tune and turbo will fix that...once u have more power u can't go back my buttdyno gives it an A+ and i look forward to buying more performance parts.

With this intake i think 9k rpm like goindeep stated that's his goal is doable.

one if you pull your stock intake and stick your finger inside the upper intake (part that bolts to the head) you will notice a big lip in some and none in others.. the fit and finish sucks!!! if you think of a motor as a big air compresor, the more air you can move through it the more power you will make. yes the intake is a very simple design but it works... if you do anyresearch on the chery motor you will find that it was designed for fuel economy NOT power. choke the intake down and you require less fuel.. Hints Fuel economy.. MAKE IT BREATHE!!!!! you will see more power! proof is there, i dont know nocturnalsixer at all he was looking for mods and tried one and he will tell you I asked him for an honest review good or bad... I asked him "DO NOT STRETCH THE TRUTH tell it how it is" i dont want to gain a bad wrap with you guys. I am going to be offering a lot more in the very near future! things we are working on include Hydralic steering (that will not use a pump on the motor) its a very simple design but very effective, the 7.5 front & rear diffs (its easy to make it for ours but to make it as a bolt in kit for you guys not so easy) turbo kits (quality stuff no junk) 8000# front and rear winch kits, radiator relocate kits, secondary rear shock kits (bolt in), Auto Meter guage kits (drop in), etc. like i said A lot comming! if i am gonna take your money you are gonna be happy. talk to me for 5 mins on the phone and you will see i know what im doing... a few can vouch for that.. the other thing most of you dont know is i own a wrecker svc here in Houston and that makes my living, i do the fab work because its a passion and love for the sport and to kill the bad wrap Joyners have, i dont need to get rich from it just cover my expenses and time...