Quantcast

Manual 4 wheel drive

Detbohica

Ever since I replaced my box, waterproofed it, & fixed a short that I had in the fuse box it has worked flawlessley. I thought it was a cheap box, but it is actually very similar to the box on my Wildcat. The Wildcats are having a few issues with after submerging them in water. Obviously they also need to water proof them as well. Have you replaced your original box yet?

Well, immediately after purchasing a new 4x4 box it has been recommended several times on the forum to take the cover off & seal it with silicone.

Prior to my first 4x4 box going bad it would intermittently shift in & out. I just ignored it & figured it was the box. Then when I replaced the box the new one did the same thing. I noticed when I would turn on my headlights the 4x4 would really start acting up, so I figured I had a short or bad ground. I chased all the wires back to the fuse box at the passengers feet. When I pulled it

I have had failures in the 4X4 box also, so I tore it apart and rebuilt it and because the board was burnt, I redesigned the circuit to use FETs instead of the relay that is inside. Works well, but you have to rewire the switch or install a new switch. If any one is interested, let me know and I will elaborate, or if you want, for a nominal fee, I will rebuild yours'.

I have put a bunch of photos on google drive and if you want to look at them: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByQAhs0e-yF9X2VNSnFvekFMUjA&usp=sharing

I made my own manual connection, and got a cable at the local motorcycle shop. Where I am, it's difficult to get to a machine shop, so everything has been done with a hacksaw, file and drill. It's worked perfectly for well over a year, with no issues at all. You can see it here:

http://www.pauldaytonscifi.com/spotlight.html

You'll have to scroll down.

I did buy a lever from Lenny, which let's me engage the 4X4.