Quantcast

tlutrick

Wiring Connector providers for Kawasaki Mule 4010

Hey guys,

I have a 2012 Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans Diesel. I need to find replacement for the wiring connector that attaches to the electric assisted steering motor, both male/female. The connector currently comes as part of the larger wiring harness, that is $315+, which absolutely drives me crazy. To spend $300+ for a $4 connector...crazy.

Does anyone out there have actual experience finding the connectors for the Mule?

I've tried...

cheapcycleparts.com

newunitedracetech.com

motorcyclepartscheap.com

cycleterminal.com

qualitycycleparts.com

The connector looks like a Sumitomo 6189-6953 2-way connector, but the measurements are just slightly different, and it's not in any of Sumitomo's catalogs. There are no part#'s, symbols, or other identifying marks on the connector. I've attached pictures to show what connector I am referring to.post-2117-0-44674600-1405975542_thumb.jpeg

post-2117-0-92396300-1405975543_thumb.jpeg

post-2117-0-58567900-1405975545_thumb.jpeg

I really need to find this and willing to pay a premium for the connectors, just not insanity payment. Thanks be to anyone who can help.

What exactly is wrong with the female portion of the connector?  It looks okay unless there's a broken connection inside the connector.  I presume the male connector is okay.  You can replace the pins on many connectors without replacing the housing.  If the wire is broken inside, you might be able to pop out the broken one (with a small pin probe) and solder or otherwise remake the connection.

I have, in the past, cut off the bad connector, crimped on a matching solderless connector to the individual wires and plugged the wires back into the circuit.  Not on any ATV or UTV, but I have done it on my truck because the connector was more expensive that I thought is should be.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yep, I did notice.  Many "help me posts" are very old.  But I posted anyway in case someone needs to do an emergency repair until they can find the necessary, hard to find parts.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Every Kawasaki part imaginable!!

Hi, all, I am here to say i have found an excellent source for kawasaki parts, It's run by  Eddie Babbit. It is called Kawasaki Partshouse. run by Babbits online, Muskegon Michigan. http://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts Just the other day i ordered piston rings, for my Mule 550, They got here and a Oil ring, and smaller ring were missing from the box, Kawasaki took responsibility for the "Accident" and  I had also contacted babbits, and they replied and they said" keep the old rings, order a new set and you just pay shipping" so i got $30 piston rings for 8.95!!!? Free shipping on orders over $50!!!  

By Travis, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 2 replies
    • Wiring problems with 2014 Coleman Outfitters Utv(Hisun) 400 4x4

Hello all, I have what I hope is a quick question. I am working on this 2014 Hisun SxS and the wiring is a mess. I am currently just trying to find the electrical wiring Color Code for this machine. I have Maintenance Handbook for a wiring diagram for what it calls a 'HS400UTV-Emark'. That's the only thing my son got with this machine when he bought it and I can no list of the color codes anywhere in this book. We're not against buying manuals but have learned to be picky as there are many that supply little real detailed information. This is a machine that I am trying to get the 2004 Kodiak motor they installed wired up to run and install a complete new wiring harness for the Utv at the same time. Any help that someone might have to offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all and I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday.

By res2fr, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies
    • Nikola Powersports releases all-electric UTV

Nikola Powersports has finalized the specifications and design for the four-seater UTV dubbed the Nikola Zero. The Nikola Zero UTV is an all-electric, 400-volt plug-in, off-road and potentially street-ready vehicle. Dealerships can begin reserving production units starting in January. Starting at $35,000, the UTV will come with two performance options: 415 hp and 3,675 ft. lbs. of torque and 555 hp and 4,900 ft. lbs. of torque. The UTV will also have three battery options: 75kWh, 100kWh and 125kWh, with the largest battery option giving the Nikola Zero more battery storage than a Tesla P100D. The 125kWh battery package can deliver 200 miles of range in 4x4 off-road mode. “The Nikola Zero will be the first UTV to come with optional Anti-Lock Braking Systems (ABS), stability control, anti-roll-over, traction control and torque vectoring. Normally these options are reserved for high-end sports cars and not normally found in UTVs. We have worked hard to make these UTVs street legal, and in many states, you may be able to drive the Nikola Zero UTV to work,” said Trevor Milton, Nikola’s CEO. “Once you test drive the Nikola Zero, you will want to trade in your current UTV. No other competitor UTV can match the Nikola Zero’s performance. We are not talking about a few seconds faster than the competition, we are talking about laps faster, with speeds up to 0-60 in 3.9 seconds with four passengers inside,” added Milton. Standard features include: 100-percent electric power steering, 20-inch front and rear suspension travel, 14-inch ground clearance, 62-inch wide frame, four independent electric motors, 32-inch tires, bead lock wheels, tow hitch, over the air software updating, 10-inch infotainment center display, 7-inch instrument cluster, multiple color options, IP 67 waterproofing, LED headlights, taillights and custom seats, all with a two-year warranty. Optional features include: 555 HP upgrade, street legal package (some states), 4x4 torque vectoring system, ABS, anti-roll protection, traction control, front and rear 4500 lb. winches, factory audio system, 15 kW power export at 110/220V, 4kW Solar 400-volt DC Charger, LED interior lighting, rider profiles, front windshield, mirrors, cameras and a four-year extended warranty package. A dealer ride and drive event is being planned in December in St. George, Utah. Dealers can contact [email protected] for applications and to attend the ride and drive event. RSVPS are required.

By Alex, in UTV News and Information

• 3 replies
    • electric 6x4 farm UTV

New energy 6x4 electric UTV 合并视频.mp4 http://www.farmutv.com/ https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-energy-6x4-electric-UTV-for_60809472667.html?spm=a2747.manage.list.2.614871d2i1yH2b FUJIAN MIJIE VEHICLE INDUSTRY CO., LTD.

By Alley Li, in UTV Pictures and Videos

• 0 replies
    • Hey Guys!

Hey everyone!  My name is Scott, and my wife, kids and I are in escrow on a home that is on 10 acres.  After much back and forth trying to decide between getting a tractor or a side x side for working around the property, I finally narrowed it down to a side x side.  My father has a 2018 Odes Dominator x4 Zeus, so I called him up to get his thoughts on it, as he uses it on his 12 acres out in Missouri quite a bit.  While talking, he mentioned that he is thinking about selling his Odes, and buying a jeep to tow behind his motorhome, so we got to talking, and it looks like I'm buying it from him.  Its a 2018 with 13 hours on it, break in just done, and all fluids just got changed.  I look forward to learning more about the UTV world, and look forward to any input anyone can give me on the Odes brand of UTV.   Thanks Scott

By Poriggity, in New Members Area

• 2 replies