Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2009 Hisun Supermach 500, Stalling at idle and hesitating under acceleration

Hey folks. I recently acquired a pre-owned Hisun 500, carburated. And surprise... it has issues. When cold, it typically starts without any issues, but once it warms up it tends to sputter and stall out. When accelerating, you can also feel it hesitating occasionally, and when you stop or put her into reverse, she will often stall.  The fuel is clean, I installed a new fuel filter, and the air filter is clean. Though the fuel pump appears to be working ok, it makes a strange knocking sound whenever power is put to it.  I've never heard anything like it, and I'm not sure if its shot or just a cheap Chinese pump thing. I have an aftermarket pump coming, and I've ordered a new ignition coil as well on the off chance that it is faulty. I am hoping replacing these two parts will solve the issue,  and if it does I will post the results here.  If not, anyone have any other ideas?  Also, I've noticed it is very difficult to find parts for this make... any suggestions on a good source for Hisun parts? I appreciate any comments or insights. 

By Tomoto, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 6 replies
    • my new 2017 HISUN 400HS and the engine sputters over 10mph

I bought a new HISUN HS400 EFI recently. Still in break-in period with about 15 miles on it. This thing starts and runs just fine, like new, but at about 12mph it sputters/stumbles/boggs and does not want to go any faster than 12MPH. 
      Does not sputter in neutral and revs very well in Neutral. 
      Any thoughts on what is wrong?

By joewinsor, in Hisun UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • On eBay street legal velocity predator x18 no reserve bidding starts off at $1

Safer than any utv street legal chevy evotec must see  Start 2018 off with this Currently listed on eBay no reserve bidding starts off at just 1 penny
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/122873672785       602-326-3936       sandrail dune buggy street legal sand rail jeep car truck rzr turbo can am sand rail walker king fox 092 fortin                             091 Polaris Yamaha yxz Fox walker Evans Vw Manx x3 turbo rzr buggy mendeola sand rail off-road Sandrail Vw

By Fireman2343, in UTV Off-Road Classifieds - Buy & Sell

• 0 replies
    • Mule 550 Starting Problem only after running

Hello All, thanks for looking at my situation. I am new to the UTV world, but not small engines. Hoping you can help and I thank you in advance for your support / suggestions. My neighbor gave me his old 550 mule, which needed some TLC. It is a late model 2003 or earlier Kawasaki Mule 550, not sure of the VIN as I cannot locate it, and then did re-paint / powder-coat it. However I was able to get the right new parts as they matched the old ones. I have replaced the entire electrical chassis wire harness (headlights to tail light) Brand new battery new starter relay same voltage regulator - not sure if this has failed - may need to test resistance battery reads 12.8 volts start and solenoid work note sure about the Neutral Safety Switch - I pulled it, (light green wire from harness attached) - what appears to be drop of oil on tip. After I take the battery tender off the Mule, turn the key it starts up just fine and runs well. After using it for sometime or letting it run, after I shut it off, it will not start again via the key. I turn the key and nothing, no clicking, dimming of lights, nothing. It is as something i is blocking the starter trigger wire. If I remove the starter relay and test for voltages I get 12 volts on 1 prong and about 1 volt or so from the starter trigger wire (red / black) - if I turn the key, that wire registers 12v. If I jump the blades and turn the key - it starts no problem / every time. This also works, with the starter relay plugged in, if I turn the key and touch the metal top of the relay on the chassis , you will here the starter clicking and engage and eventually it will start. I find this odd as it started this morning, cold with no issue. Is it a bad brand new relay? a bad regulator? the NSS? I am drawing a blank, I called a few guys I know over at the local power sports service center and they could not think of anything. Thanks for your help Mike

By mtarallo, in Kawasaki UTV SxS Forum

• 1 reply
    • Getting it all running

Hello. I recently bought a 2008 Sand Viper 800cc. I had issues with the starter so I had it rebuilt, however now I cannot remember how it gets wited back up. If anyone could, would they please inform me through a picture on how to reconnect the four wires I have here. Thank you.

By Zehrungja, in Joyner UTV SxS Forum

• 3 replies