Quantcast

Hisun Sector 250

HAWG_MAN

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there and hope you're having a great time with your new unit. As to the problem of having a trailer hitch, it has to do with where to mount it. As you have noticed, these units have a solid rear axles. Due to their mounting there is no frame area available to mount a traditional trailer hitch. I have had these units down to the chassis and there are really no great places to mount it to. The rear axle is exposed and does not have a housing. The swing arm is about your only option here. You would have to fabricate a bracket from one side of the swing arm to the other and that also perhaps has a strut in the center to attach to the swing arm as well for support. Then you might be able to bring it out rear wards and have your trailer hitch then. I happen to be a mechanical engineer as well so this is just my 2 cents. Is it impossible? no, is it available currently? no. Any good welder and fabricator can make it happen though. Probably some good ol 3/8" plate and you're there. As you can see from the pic below, not a lot of area to mount one to. But there are lots of mounting areas at both swing are to axle points. Matt

IMG_20160608_171650266.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 11:02 AM, strike250 said:

Hello there and hope you're having a great time with your new unit. As to the problem of having a trailer hitch, it has to do with where to mount it. As you have noticed, these units have a solid rear axles. Due to their mounting there is no frame area available to mount a traditional trailer hitch. I have had these units down to the chassis and there are really no great places to mount it to. The rear axle is exposed and does not have a housing. The swing arm is about your only option here. You would have to fabricate a bracket from one side of the swing arm to the other and that also perhaps has a strut in the center to attach to the swing arm as well for support. Then you might be able to bring it out rear wards and have your trailer hitch then. I happen to be a mechanical engineer as well so this is just my 2 cents. Is it impossible? no, is it available currently? no. Any good welder and fabricator can make it happen though. Probably some good ol 3/8" plate and you're there. As you can see from the pic below, not a lot of area to mount one to. But there are lots of mounting areas at both swing are to axle points. Matt

IMG_20160608_171650266.jpg

I made a Tow bar (3/8 x 3 x 13" Aluminum (2) pcs.req'd

003.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

10 minutes ago, Travis said:

That a wood chipper? Were'd u get it at? @HAWG_MAN

Chippers Direct Online: Tazz K32 (3") 212cc Chipper / Shredder With Viper Engine has a 20:1 waste reduction very nice mulch best on the market @ $599. I have about 9 acres and lots of small limbs/leaves and have used it about 5 hours with no problems.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...