Quantcast

2014 Joyner R2 Differential

Dan B

I have a 2014 Joyner Renegade R2 1100cc.  I've seen many posts about these bolts sheering off.  I don't run my R2 very hard. I live in the desert southwest; not much mud around here.  I'm just wondering if I've got a potential of having the same problem or do these bolts only sheer off when running hard through deep mud and such.  Did Joyner realize this problem and include 12.9 bolts in later versions, like my model year?  Seems like this problem appears in the earlier model years.

Silverbullet

Yes joyner did do up grade on some 2009 and up.The only difference is they did not use 12.9 bolts and nuts.They did not set up backlash.Instead they use locking taps.If you take differential fill plug out and get light you can see the bolts with locking tabs.If it has these then it is a chinese upgrade.We sell more differential than any other company in usa including joyner USA.When we get them we take them apart.We see things that are not correct on some.They still use the 10.9 hardware with no nuts some times the back lash is incorrect and the pin is not welded.We do everything we can to insure the unit  is set up right.We tig the pin set back lash install the 12.9 hardware.If you want  jack up rear put jack stands and take it out of gear and release emergency brake and then grab driveshaft and try to turn it back and forth slowly.If the shaft turns and wheel don't you have to upgrade it.It should have less than 1/4 to 3/8 of play back and forth and has 1/2 of play or more than call me 928 344 2117 or [email protected]

silverbullet

We upgrade all the Joyner rear differential.The Commando is the only one we can uses the 12.9 nuts on the ring & pinion.We have space to use nuts that help the ring gear bolts from vibrating loose.We use 12.9 hardware on all Renegade and Troopers we use a special  locktite used on Porsche engine for this vibration problem.There is no room to use nuts.We have tried to get a special nut but we could not find anything to fit.

Rich

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hugh
      My 2018 Hisun sector crew engine cut off after about 15 minutes run. There is no indicator of what is wrong, no error code just die and won't restart until it cool down. I notice that the fan is not running but the temp indicator is on low temp, no overheat indicator. I checked the radiator fluid, it is cool to touch.
      Cooling fans are working, I can hear it running once awhile if I can get the engine warm up enough.  Thank you for all the help.

Hugh
    • By packersfan
      I have a hisun 500 got from a auction and when turning a corner left or right it's a two hand job then when you left go snaps back.any help on what to look at would be appreciated.
      Also blows blue smoke until she gets warm then it's ok 
    • By nods
      Less than 40 miles can barely start. Dealer is working with Hisun on a number of other issues on this UTV. Can not get clear info on the meaning of these E codes this is getting. Anybody have some clear info for me?
    • By CYJSP2009
      Dear Friends, 
      2022 Brand new Joyner CV Axles and CV  Joint rebuild kits are comming 
      1.  S650.03.02.02.00 ---Joyner 650 Commando Rear
      2. TR1100.03.01.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Front 
      3. TR1100.03.02.03.00 --- Joyner Trooper Rear
      4. D650.03.02.02.00 --- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Left 
      5. D650.03.02.03.00--- Joyner 650 Sand Spider Rear Right 
      6. SV800.03.02.01.00 --- Joyner 800 Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft Left
      7.  14274 --- 650 ider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      8. 15803  ---  650 Sand Spider rear left, rear right, 800 MV; 800Viper, SV1100 Drive shaft rear left and rear right outer cv joint rebuild kit
      Attached are the part photos for reference. 
      Above parts are now on the way to USA, will be ready for inland delivery in middle of July. 
      Price: CV Axle: USD250/ Piece;  CV Joint kit (without grease): USD110  send to door. 
      There will be special discount availabe for deals completed within July 2022.  
      Buy 1 piece: Get 5% discount, 
      Buy 2 pieces: get 10% discount.
      Buy 3 pieces: get 15% discount, 
      Buy 4 and more than 4 pieces: get 20% discount. 
      Please kindly note Qty for each part is not big  and it is hard to forcast when there will be next offer for these kind of products unless there is sufficient confirmed order qty for productioin arrangement. 
      Payment method: Payoneer payment link ( can pay through bank account or credit card) or Paypal ( [email protected]) .  Payment commission paid by the buyer. 
      Interested parties, please contact [email protected]
      Thanks
      Good Luck
      Casey / Leaf Asia
      July-07-2022

• By donny
      Hello I am new here but have had this machine for about 5 years. I am having issues with it surging and sometimes sounding like a small backfire thru the intake.  When putting in low, high or reverse it will struggle then go full power then struggle. It will only do the small backfire thing while in neutral reving it many times. Once in awhile it will throw a check engine light.  
      Parts replaced/checked:
        I have checked the valve lashing, timing and adjusted. Parts replaced are the coils, spark plugs, injectors, fuel lines, fuel pump, IAC sensor, TPS sensor, throttle cable, speed sensor, primary and secondary clutch and belt.