Quantcast

Kawasaki mule submerged in water !!help.

58 minutes ago, Harry Thomas said:

Any 1 with some good advice ,my Kawasaki 2017 mule side by side was submerged in water and now dead. What can i do ?  

Welcome to UTVBOARD. I moved your topic to our Kawasaki forum. When you say dead, no power or no lights when key on? If it took water into the intake and is now hydro locked, you'll want to pull the plug and crank the engine to get the water out.  If you have no electrical now, there may be other issues and I would start by drying everything off and checking fuses as a start. 

Now if it starts but wont move, you probably have water in the CVT housing and there should hopefully be a plug to drain.

Welcome!

Pull the spark plug(s) and crank the engine to make sure you flush out any water from the combustion chamber. Hydrolocking as Alex mentioned  can blow a headgasket, or worse, snap a connecting rod. Once you've made sure your combustion chamber is clear of water, you can replace the plugs . Also clean out the carb with some carb spray just in case any muck is in it,  I would also replace the air filter if it got soaked too.

And you will want to drain the oil in case any water got in the crankcase, and run oil through it (not engine running) just poor oil in let it sit for awhile and drain it. ONLY if the oil is a milky/grey color. You will also want to be sure no water got into the gas tank so dump it and wash it out real good. let it dry out in the sun and put fresh gas with a new filter on it.

Alex summed everything up pretty good. I can't think of much else.

What model mule do you have, that might help with others helping you too.

I would also find a snorkel kit for it in case similar incidents occur in the future.

Edited by Travis
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did you get this machine Running? I have a 2015 Pro FXT Mule and I just locked it up this weekend. It stopped dead in high water. I had water in my airbox. I Pulled the plugs and I had water in one cylinder. I was able to suck most of it out. The machine will not turn over it just clicks. Any thought? What did you do? I know to flush and how. I'm just wondering about why I cant get it to crank.

• 3 weeks later...

If not already mentioned/done.  Pull every connection you can see, flush with fresh water, dry off(I used a hair dryer) and fill with dielectric grease, then reconnect.  I did this one at a time.   Also, while you have the plugs out, spray WD-40 or your favorite lubricant into each cylinder.  This will lubricate the Cylinder n Rings and prevent corrosion from starting.  And don't forget to drain the front and back differential.  Is possible you got water in thru the vent lines if the water was deep enough.  A friend also had to pull the starter to clean it out.  Sat in the muddy water to long.