Quantcast

I'm new to the side by side world. That said I'm intrested in Joyner products but was very disapointed yesterday when local ATV Dealers didn't have anything positive to say about the Joyner product line.

I realize some of negative comments come from dealers who sell Honda, Yamaha and Kawasaki's and not Joyner products. My major concern is service. I would welcome ANY help/advise from forum members as to where ... IF I purchase Joyner products I could have them service in the Okeechobee, Fl. area.

Thank you ... Ralph

Hey Travis,

Yeah ... I spw John over there several days ago. He services Joyner products but isn't involved in sales.

Thank you for your followup information. Looks like IF I purchase a Joyner product ... I'll need to purchase a trailer while I'm at it ... can't hurt either way.

Should you know of anyone selling an R2 Renegade 2010 or newer PLEASE direct them in my direction ...

Best, Ralph

• Like 1

I was kind of on the fence about joyner. UNTILL i stopped by the manufacturer here in Phoenix. AWESOME.  The parts manager was super cool and gave us the total run down on the product. For 8 - 9000 you can get a 1000cc sand viper with turbo and power steering. As for the motor. Johndeer uses this same motor. I have one and would recommend you do some research. One of the good points is this is a trans driven vehicle almost any mechanic will be able to work on this motor as this is basically set up just like a car..

• Like 1

Thank you my friend for your positive comments about Joyner. I've made the decision to purchase either an 800 or 1100 cc R2 Renegade. The features it offers over most Japanese manufactures particularly the 5 speed trans mated with a 3 or 4 cylinder Chery engine alone peaks my interest.

• Like 1

In 2014, they started putting the 1100cc engine in the Renegades (I have one).  I don't know if they dropped the 800cc from the Renegade line or not.  But it's now almost the same drive train as the Trooper (at least the engine and transmission).

Thank you for sharing that with me Dan. Ate you satisfied overall with your Joyner vehicle? The community I'm going to be moving into was insistant that I must have a UTV vs an ATV but upon closer examination ... provided I can legally register & insure it here in Florida they have no say in what I drive. I just can't help but to be impressed with either the 3 or 4 cylinder Chery engine mated with the 4 or 5 speed transmission. It strikes me either one is a little rocket ship!

Regards,

Ralph

• Like 1

I considered 2up ATVs but they are rare in my area.  I wanted to be able to carry a passenger.  I'm overall satisfied with my R2.  I live in AZ and it's both OHV and street legal.  I just bought a spark arrestor to satisfy the forest service requirements.  I like the styling and the larger engine.  The 800cc engine is the same one used in the John Deere 825i and many other UTVs.  I think Kawasaki is using it on one of their UTVs.  If the UTV has a 3-cyl 800cc engine, it's most likely the Chery engine.  I also like the clutch/transmission vs the CVT and the ability to carry more gear than an ATV.  It's a Hummer wannabe.  There is no perfect machine.  Mine has some very minor issues but they are in no way a show stopper.  I've seen $20k machines with broken axles, burned belts (CVT transmission, etc).  I've wondered why Joyner used the 800cc in their earlier R2/R4.  I told a local dealer that if they put the 1100cc engine in the Renegade, I'd buy one.  They did, so I did - a used one.  I don't think they are using the 800 cc in the R2/R4 UTV from 2014 and later. It's a heavy and wide (60" class) machine; about 1700 lbs for the R2, about 2010 lbs for the R4.  I had to cut two feet off the rear end of the sidewall on my 5x10 trailer to get it on.  The R4 would need a longer trailer.  The rear axle is about 63" wide, the front is about 56" wide.  I wouldn't call it a rocket ship.  I've never had my engine run over 5000 rpms.  In 5th gear, I get 10 mph per 1000 rpms (5,000 rpms at 50 mph).  I rarely have to drive that fast.  The only thing that concerns me is the low oil pressure at idle when the engine has warmed up.  A guides says you should have 10 psi/1000 rpms.  Mine is at 10 psi at idle (I prefer 20 psi at idle).  I'm going to put in 50 weight oil at my next oil change.  The heat of the desert southwest where I live thins out lighter weight oil.  I hope that will bring up my idle oil pressure.  The tranny is a 5-speed w/reverse.  1st gear is a granny gear.  I don't use 1st gear unless I have to tow something or go up a steep incline.  If you're moving to a gated community, you may find that they have the legal authority to ban ATVs and enforce their own traffic laws (believe it or not).  They are their own traffic enforcement.  There was a man who was cited by the HOA for driving 2 mph over the posted limit.  Couldn't have been cited if it wasn't a gated community.

• Like 1