Quantcast

What is the best UTV for 2009

brostar

With only a handful of weeks left in 08, it's time to talk about next year. With most of the current crop of UTVs been upgraded during the year and a couple of new models popping up, there's plenty to talk about. With the recent posts by johnsand concerning safety with UTVs, like it or lump it, it is fast becoming an issue but at the same time we want to push these machines harder and go further than we have before. Some UTVs are going to be better on the sand or the mud, on tracks and on rocks than others and your never get one UTV that will dominate in all areas. Respect what members say and try and keep this one clean and positive(me included) ;) and tell us what is going to be the best UTV for 2009.

Cheers Mike.

Well I started this post a few days ago thinking the boards would light up. My first surprise was "it didn't". Bugger. My second surprise knocked me off my computer chair because of what was said, who said it and the timing for this particular post. So what was said and by who. Well it was an article in the latest Side X Side Mag about a UTV Buyer's Guide and what did they say; "The Trooper is the ultimate sport UTV on the market today". For the full article here is the link http://www.sidexsideaction.com/digital19/ You may have to full out a info form for SXS first before the link opens and of more interest to me, there was also a very good write-up about a head to head comparison between a Joyner Renegade and a John Deere Gator. If the link wont open for you here is what they said concerning the T2."The Trooper is the ultimate sport UTV on the market today. Its 86hp, 4-cylinder EFI engine and top speed of 65 MPH pushes this UTV above, over and beyond the most unbelievable terrain known to man. The larger (98") wheelbase is matched with a swing-arm suspension to provide a higher level of stability and comfort. The 13" ground clearance and 12" travel makes the Trooper T2 a true force to be reckoned with!" I am a Joyner person and I was never going to promote another brand but it's fair to say I'm rapped with this particular article and personally I believe the T2 will be in the top 3 UTVs for 2009. I say top three because of the unknown that lies ahead with new models to be released.[/b] :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Cheers Mike

Sorry for messing with your post, I thought the link was important enough to highlight. Jeff

Well I started this post a few days ago thinking the boards would light up. My first surprise was "it didn't". Bugger. My second surprise knocked me off my computer chair because of what was said, who said it and the timing for this particular post. So what was said and by who. Well it was an article in the latest Side X Side Mag about a UTV Buyer's Guide and what did they say; "The Trooper is the ultimate sport UTV on the market today". For the full article here is the link http://www.sidexsideaction.com/digital19/ You may have to full out a info form for SXS first before the link opens and of more interest to me, there was also a very good write-up about a head to head comparison between a Joyner Renegade and a John Deere Gator. If the link wont open for you here is what they said concerning the T2."The Trooper is the ultimate sport UTV on the market today. Its 86hp, 4-cylinder EFI engine and top speed of 65 MPH pushes this UTV above, over and beyond the most unbelievable terrain known to man. The larger (98") wheelbase is matched with a swing-arm suspension to provide a higher level of stability and comfort. The 13" ground clearance and 12" travel makes the Trooper T2 a true force to be reckoned with!" I am a Joyner person and I was never going to promote another brand but it's fair to say I'm rapped with this particular article and personally I believe the T2 will be in the top 3 UTVs for 2009. I say top three because of the unknown that lies ahead with new models to be released.[/b] :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Cheers Mike

Look at page 42 for the T4 they have a misprint... they are talking about some other vehicle and its price is not 13999 is 12999 msrp..tisk tisk Side by side

• 2 weeks later...

ATVriders.com says the RZR is the ultimate UTV!

Not just a lot of talk but hands on reviews.

All American made and it shows.

The new 09 RANGER RZR S is the ultimate, pure-sport side-by-side built for the desert, dunes and open spaces. The machine delivers unmatched performance using an 800 H.O. EFI Polaris twin engine that churns out a 63 MPH top speed and features Polaris’ exclusive, long travel suspension kit that widens the vehicle to 60-inches wide. Along with premium styling including custom Turbo Silver paint, wide fender flairs, extended rear cab frame supports and 26-inch Maxxis Big-Horn tires, RANGER RZR S has high-performance features not found on other side-by- sides such as Chrome-Moly upper front A-arms and adjustable Fox® performance shocks making it the ultimate sport side-by-side.

ATVriders.com says the RZR is the ultimate UTV!

Not just a lot of talk but hands on reviews.

All American made and it shows.

The new 09 RANGER RZR S is the ultimate, pure-sport side-by-side built for the desert, dunes and open spaces. The machine delivers unmatched performance using an 800 H.O. EFI Polaris twin engine that churns out a 63 MPH top speed and features Polaris' exclusive, long travel suspension kit that widens the vehicle to 60-inches wide. Along with premium styling including custom Turbo Silver paint, wide fender flairs, extended rear cab frame supports and 26-inch Maxxis Big-Horn tires, RANGER RZR S has high-performance features not found on other side-by- sides such as Chrome-Moly upper front A-arms and adjustable Fox® performance shocks making it the ultimate sport side-by-side.

I had a look on this forum and couldn't find the article and there was nothing what so ever mention about Joyner UTVs which is a pity because I was very keen on reading on how exactly they tested all the UTVs like Side X Side mag and then announced the top pure sport utv. If I can not even find a Trooper mentioned on this site then how do they compare. What I'll do is compare for them just on the figures you have given above.

................. 09 RANGER RZR S ..........09 JOYNER TROOPER T2...........................Best statistics

Engine Size.......760cc ...........................1083cc ..................................................The T2 is bigger by 323cc

Top Speed ........63mp/h .........................65mp/h to 70 mp/h ................The T2 is faster by 2mp/h to 7mp/h

Width ............... 60" ................................65" ..........................................The T2 is wider by 5"[/b]

Custom paint.....Yes ...............................Yes but costs extra ....................The RZR has it standard

Tires ................26" Maxxis Big-Horn .....27"Far East Mud Pros .....................T2's tires in mud RZR's in sand

Suspension ....A-Arms front & Back.........A-Arms front Boxed Trailing Arm rear..The T2 has better rear suspension

Shocks.............Fox adjustable..................Stock adjustable........................The RZR has better shocks

Cost................$14000 MSRP....................$12000 MSRP...........................The Trooper by $2000

The best sport utv...No info found from 0 UTVs...SXS mag from 50 UTVs.......JOYNER TROOPER T2

As for the title of the ultimate sports Side X Side, SXS Mag came to this conclusion after comparing 50 UTVs from 19 manufactures and the JOYNER TROOPER was called THE ULTIMATE SPORTS UTV & http://www.sidexsideaction.com/digital19/ The only advantage I could find is the RZR had better shocks but it cost $2000 more for this little utv. Put a set of Fox Shocks on the Trooper & how much change have you got from $2000 ?

Cheers Mike.

We just had our trooper out with two rzr s' They are both a good machines. The rzr's are more costly...but the trooper did come right up and the rzr's butt when climbing behind. From what i hear they are both bad ass machines and really cant say one is better. I hope they have video footage and I will post it. and just cause it has a Chinese engine means its not even looked at... haha that is bs. really Just because these are in the lead with others is why they are trying to not to put the name out anymore than it is. If you are gonna trash talk other utv's go back to riding arizona to do it... we were happy in here

We just had our trooper out with two rzr s' They are both a good machines. The rzr's are more costly...but the trooper did come right up and the rzr's butt when climbing behind. From what i hear they are both bad ass machines and really cant say one is better. I hope they have video footage and I will post it. and just cause it has a Chinese engine means its not even looked at... haha that is bs. really Just because these are in the lead with others is why they are trying to not to put the name out anymore than it is. If you are gonna trash talk other utv's go back to riding arizona to do it... we were happy in here

Actually the base RZR does not cost more than the Trooper. The RZR S maybe a bit more.

So far the major Off Road magazines do not talk about Chinese vehicles.

There are a couple of used Troopers here in Reno at a very good price.

I may still get one for a project that I am working on. LOL