Quantcast

Laveta

Massimo Buck 400 First oil change

I was told by the Massimo dealership that I need to change the oil in my buck 400 side by side after the the first 25 miles as this is the break in period. I’m having a terrible time unloosing the drain plug 😩.. any suggestions? 

Be sure you're turning it the correct way, counter clockwise to loosen it.

They are pretty tight from the factory!

One way I do is with my ratchet or wrench, and get A hammer and hit the end the end of The tool with it,that usually gets it done.

@Travis lefty loosie righty tightie😂💪.. I gave up and called my grandson to come do it all for me. Thanks for the reply 

• Like 1

Can't help you with getting it loose.  But future oil changes would be much easier if you had a valve type drain.  I use the fumoto valve on all my vehicles when possible.  Makes oil changes extremely easy. No wrenches, just flip the lever. 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:45 PM, kenfain said:

Can't help you with getting it loose.  But future oil changes would be much easier if you had a valve type drain.  I use the fumoto valve on all my vehicles when possible.  Makes oil changes extremely easy. No wrenches, just flip the lever. 

Do you know what size to buy for the Buck 400?

Pull the existing drain plug, or an internet search will give you the size. Make sure there's clearance to install, for example, skid plate clearance. If extra length is needed to make the necessary clearance. Fumoto also has extension adapters. 

I prefer the short nipple version. Don't forget to also get the hose end, that connects to the nipple. Fumoto sells reasonably priced tubing also. But you can get that locally if you prefer. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TimMassimo
      Hello. I have a 2017 Massimo 700-5. I have recently had the head gasket replaced with the head and base machines, all gaskets, valve seals, piston rings and a coolant flush. I drove it for about a total of two hours at different times and days and now the coolant is not reaching the head when it is running. I have tried to bleed it by jacking up the front end using the top screw in the water pump screw and get all the air out. After I run it for a few minutes the coolant get stuck in the radiator and it won’t circulate back to the head as it should.  Has anyone run into this? I’m not sure if there’s air in the system or the water pump does not work?  
    • By UplandHunter
      I purchased a Massimo 550 T-Boss side by side a year ago and overall it works  alright. Recently, I pulled it on a utility trailer to a dog training site on the highway and the windshield broke in half while pulling it behind my F-250. Massimo states that they warn that driving over 55 mph could cause a problem. I understand that but it seems to me that any windshield that can't withstand wind speeds of 70 mph should not be installed on a modern ATV. Has anyone else had this problem?
      Utv photo.msg
    • By johnpeter
      2017 polaris rzr xp 4 1000 eps - 608 miles On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lifted-2017-polaris-rzr-xp-4-1000-eps-608-miles/333792067884?

• By Clint Osborne
      I have a msu 500 looking to get the ecu flashed I have installed a  jbs clutch kit spring and shims. and a aftermarket muffler thanks in advance
    • By T-boss 410
      Just finished up. Glad I did, too. There was a tiny amount of residue in the screen, but basically it was very clean. However, the oil was black, which kinda surprised me since the UTV only has 14.6 hours on it. I hope it's not a bad sign. This was a demonstrator model, so maybe that's why it looked so dark? I don't know what quality of oil is used by the manufacturer, either. 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By massimobuck400xgolf
      I just bought a new buck 400x golf and just signed up to this forum. Lots of good info and glad to be here.
      I took off seat to see the engine and noticed a black circular pipe just sitting exposed  leading to the engine bay. As well as a rectangular pipe coming off crank case and possibly even an electrical harness or two with nothing obvious to plug them into?
      Does anyone have the buck 400x golf and take a picture or look in their engine bay and let me know if this is normal or if there is something missing on my cart.
      I reached out to massimo and let them know that it was unusable if this is actually an important missing part it probably shouldn't be driven, they said I should hear back in 3-5 days but that they are very busy. I figure if one of you has one you can take a look for me and I don't have to wait around on massimo to answer me on what a normal engine bay looks like.
      Thanks for your help,

• By OldGoatLover
      I bought this thing last September.  The farm store was extremely nice. 
      But, forget asking for any advice like in the old days.  They only SELL them and tell you to call the Dallas tech person.  
      During the week days - I don't have time.  
      Oil change:  If there is someone who can tell me why the owner's manual (and the internet) says it holds 2 and 1/2 quarts of oil but, my mechanic could only get 1 and 1/2 quarts in it and there is NO oil filter.  
      Please help.  

• By Pedro Quinones
      I purchased a Red Massimo Buck 400EFI recently from Massimo Motor.  It was very simple to purchase on line, it was quick and painless.  After placing my order, I got a call from the Massimo Motor Customer Service Department (Eddie).  He wanted to confirm my order and he let me know that they were building my UTV and gave me an estimated date of completing and delivery.  Upon completion of the unit, Eddie reached out to me to let me know that it would be shipping and that I should expect it within 7 business days of his call.  I actually received it 3 business days after his call.  The truck driver was very polite and helpful.  We got the UTV off the truck and away I went.  We have a small tree farm and we needed something that we could use to maintain our little farm with ease.  The Buck 400EFI performs as expected.  It runs really well; it looks good and the most important thing about it is that my wife loves it.

A few days after receiving my UTV, Eddie from Massimo Customer Service called to make sure that we had received the UTV with no problems and to see if everything was OK with the unit.  He told me that if anything were to come up with the unit, to not hesitate to contact him and he would help us resolve any issue that may arise.

I am very happy that I purchased this UTV from Massimo Motor and IF I had to do this again, I WOULD in a heartbeat.  Eddie at customer service is outstanding and because of him, I would recommend anyone who is interested in purchasing one of these UTV’s, to ask for him.  He will take good care of you.

Sincerely
      P.Q.
      Very Happy Customer