Quantcast

Windshields?

So I guess my Coleman Outfitter is a rebadged Sector 550.  I am wondering what if anything others do to protect their winshi9elds when trailering.  I have a camp in Lake co Mi and I will be trailering it about 5 hrs each way from Sandusky Oh.  My bikes and quad don't have windshields so I never worried about it but I have seen others putting plywood or other covers over theirs.  FWIW the whole route is on paved roads.  Dirt starts 1/4 mile north of my camp.

IMG_20200430_113758.jpg

All it takes is one unlucky rock. I'd probably make a padded plywood cover for the windshield. The padding to protect the plexiglass from the plywood. Cut four hand sized holes around  the outside edge for handling, and also to run the ratchet straps through. 

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ric Silveira
      I like to get ngk idirinium plug for it anyone know part number.
      Thank you
    • By Manfred
      I have a 2020 coleman ut 400. I can"t Find anyone that sells a snow plow system for this model. Need help.....
    • By Resolve Solar
      Do you know the Hisun sector e1 52c2 error code?  Will not drive.
    • By Bret4207
      2019 Coleman Outfitter 550, 160-ish hours. Was driving it slowly and it just slowed down and died. Won't start. Pops once as soon as I start cranking and that's it. I have great blue white spark on the spark tester, jumps 1/2". Changed injector, no joy. Changed plugs to new several times, no joy. Pulled injector power wire and tried ether through air intake after removing air filters- nothing! I do notice if I put my hand over the air intake where the filter goes, I get pressure  pushing back at me. Jumped time? Stuck valve? Is there a decompressor on this that could be malfunc?

This is the one I've had that was inop for months and months while Coleman tried to find someone to fix it. Warranty is long expired now. I'll never have anything good to say about this thing.
    • eManualOnline
    • By Bret4207
      More issues with the 2019 Coleman 550. It stopped running again. Long story/short, I checked valves, injector (replaced) plug (replaced 2x with new NGK)  checked fuel flow , it eventually started. Ran great for a while, 10 minutes or so. Then it started the spitting and sputtering and not wanting to rev up. When first started it would rev freely (no load) to 6-7K, which was as high as I felt comfortable. Wouldn't go past 4500-5k under load on the road. It gets going and then it cuts out. The drivers seat belt is buckled. The previous time I still had it under warranty, I eventually got it to a shop that removed the in-line fuel filter that had been added and then it ran good. My thought is that the fuel pump may be weak. The other possibility that occurs to me is the cut out/retarder for the seatbelt is malfunctioning.
      I purchased a CD of the shop manual, but it appears to be for an older model with a carb and not the EFI.
      Open to hearing thoughts and opinions and which way to proceed. I'm planning on replacing fuel pump and fuel line and getting a (hopefully) better quality injector. I would appreciate any sources (Motorcycle Dr???) for better quality components.
      I have also been told by a person claiming to be a Hisun tech in a southwestern state that the way to "set" the machines CPU/Brain/whatever you call it, is to hold the gas pedal to floor let it get to it's highest RPM and then shut off ignition. I'm assuming one does this ASAP. Does this sound even remotely correct? I picture a blown engine myself, but I'm an old guy, so...
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By BubbaD
      No dash lights, no headlights, tail or brake lights. Battery measures 12V. Fuses are good. Not a beep & won’t even try to start. Only 300 miles on this machine. Drove it home & parked for 10 days but now doesn’t  respond to any start attempts. Any ideas?
      thanks
    • By davids
      My 2018 Hisun Sector 550 keys are lost. Where can I get replacement ignition with keys?
    • By Brandale Stewart
      Has anyone found an affordable place to buy replacement tail lights or some ideas on replacing them with a different style of light that does t look horrid. Dealer quoted them at $160 each which is crazy.