Quantcast

Lucas King

Is it worth it? 2011 Can Am Commander 800 XT

This is all new to me, I have never been on a forum site before but thought this would be a good time to start. I have an opportunity to buy a 2011 cam am commander 800 xt.  It is yellow (which I don’t love;)) with 155 miles on it.  It came for the DRP factory in Texas where it was used to go from plant to plant. I can pick it up for $6900.  This would be used on a farm mostly.  Not looking to start a war on what machines are better, just wanting to know if this is worth it.

Thanks 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick response guys.  Anyone out there still driving a 2011 commander?  Any warts I should know about?  The machine I’m looking at is like new and is now just going in for the steering recall for that year. Is the heat and noice from the engine that big of a deal.  Just want to be sure on my purchase.

Thanks 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By johnpeter
      2017 polaris rzr xp 4 1000 eps - 608 miles On Ebay
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lifted-2017-polaris-rzr-xp-4-1000-eps-608-miles/333792067884?

• By PierceIt
      Hi everyone - I was driving my 2017 Cub Cadet Challenger 750 EPS today on the ranch when it dies on me. It started right up - and then as i was driving after about 50 feet the engine just turned off. It was running perfect before it cut out on me. No alarms, no weird sounds or smells. It just turned off. 
      When I turn the ignition key, the starter cranks away and the battery and starter turns fast and strong - but the engine doesn't start.
      I've confirmed gas flow to the carb - that the fuel filters are clean and clear. I've replaced the spark plug with a brand new one. I checked every fuse with a meter. I have confirmed air filters and airflow are good. 
      But the darn thing cranks away without the engine even making a sputter or even attempting to fire.
      Is there a kill switch somewhere that could have been tripped? I checked the seatbelt sensor, the brake sensor, and parking gear sensor - all are working and i'm in Park, pressing down on the brake, and have the seatbelt latched when i try to start. but - nada!
      It acts like it isn't getting a spark. but like i said i put in a new spark plug. I have a feeling there is a sensor or an electrical kill switch somewhere that tripped. 
      open to any ideas.
      thanks all
      Pierce
    • By Brad G
      Timing chain broke. Replaced the timing chain, oil pump chain, cam & rings. Ran great for 2 hours. Brought it home, started & drove to the shop. Next day started & drove around the property and it started running rough, wouldn’t idle just died, restarted & took it to the shop. Next day wouldn’t even start just crank over. Drained all the fuel & replaced with new, bought a new plug & ecu! Fired right up and let it run for an hour & burped the coolant as I had double checked the timing & valves prior. Next day started it and it was running a bit rough but smoothed out & ran for another hour. Next day it just cranks & won’t start! I’m at my wits end with this machine and would appreciate any help or suggestions on what might be the issue. Thanks in advance! 

Brad
    • By William Lyons
      I have changed the plug, changed the fuel injector, drained the fuel tank looking for water, replaced the coil , checked out the wiring on top of the fuel tank looking for bad connection .  The UTV will sputter but will not start.  Any ideas will be helpful!

• By Argretez
      What's up guys. Just got my n2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat x1000 and just here to find out things about this forum as well as get advice or help from guys that know more than me. 
      Thanks
  • Similar Tagged Content