Quantcast

hisun 700 utv no fire from coil

my name is albert i have in my shop a hs700utv that im getting no fire to coil i replaced the cdi  and checked the relays and ignition switch out getting power to the cdi but nothing to coil and i didn't find any broken wires. they said that it was running fine and then it just stopped and  wasn't getting any power to the coil  is their another sensor on here that will stop it from firing  i have looked at a wiring diagram but im not seeing  anything different from what i know  i checked the cdi and im getting fire to it but not to coil and this is a second coil no difference  and also this is a delphi cdi 2 port is their any way to check it i know im getting power to the black  plug in cdi  on the # 10 the green and black wire but nothing else the blue and black wire is opposite of it the emergency brake and neutral switch is working  is their a obd II plug for this i found one in back of pickup bed but i cant find a scanner but im not sure if it is one  and im getting power to the stator the threee wires  im at a lost here 

Edited by albert schewe
i forgot some info

no not yet but i did change it with a used one that worked   and i got a plug tester on the line and i also had a screw driver in my hand no bite and i know the wires going to it i tested them while turning the engine over nothing and i traced the wires back to the cdi  the black /white which goes to the cdi  and the black / blue  which that comes from ignition and i can hear the relay click when i turn on the key  and those two wires are dead but im getting power to the cdi on pin 10  which is green / black  and as i said this is a new cdi  theirs got to be another sensor that is sending a message not to fire  but im not sure  

Edited by albert schewe
i forgot some info

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Bob1971 said:

I have same problem with hisun 550 on coleman outfitter...help?

The CKP (CranKshaft Position sensor controls when the spark occurs--if it is bad there will be no spark. The black/white wire to the coil is +12V supplied by the ECU, the black/blue wire is the active "drive" signal for the coil--it will be at ground potential when the coil is charging, and floating (disconnected) when the spark occurs.

The way it works is that when the ECU grounds the black/blue wire the coil's primary windings  are energised and build  a magnetic field in the coil's iron core--when the ground to the black/blue wire is disconnected that field collapses generating high voltage in the secondary windings. When that happens is controlled by the CKP...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is a wiring harness connector down low on the passenger side. This is what caused mine to not get fire. One of the connectors in that connector was oxidized and not making contact. I cleaned it up and it worked for a couple of weeks. I then cut the wires and connected them outside the connector. 
2014 coleman 500

• 10 months later...
On 22/3/2021 at 22:44, Still learning 71 said:

¿Alguna vez averiguaste cuál era el problema? Tengo un hisun 700 modelo 2012 haciendo exactamente lo mismo. Solo tiene 124 millas. No hay fuego en la bujía.  

On 22/3/2021 at 22:44, Still learning 71 said:

¿Alguna vez averiguaste cuál era el problema? Tengo un hisun 700 modelo 2012 haciendo exactamente lo mismo. Solo tiene 124 millas. No hay fuego en la bujía.  

Hello, did you find the problem?