Quantcast

Jim Sabin

2012 Massimo Msu 5oo won't shift into 4 wheel drive?

I have a 2012 MSU 500 that recently was having an issue with the motor not starting,  I ended up reworking the ground wire at the fuel pump leads and now I have notice that when I switch to 4Wheel drive, it does not work. Any ideals what going on?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Regretting my choices
      Hello.  I purchased this unit as a "non runner" with the intent of using the frame to build a go-cart, but once I got it home it seemed way to good to part out.  The motor cranks over, and I have spark, but no fuel.  If I put a little fuel in the cylinder it fires up until that fuel is burnt, then of course it dies.  The fuel pump is not running and I have removed the plug and there is no power going to it.  I have checked the safety switch on the brake pedal and its fine, I have checked the fuses, all good, but am not sure where to go from here. The shifter is missing on the unit, but the indicator light on the dash shows its in neutral, and the e-brake indicator switch is working as well.  I am thinking of jumping power to the fuel pump next to see if it runs and if the motor will start.
      What am I missing?  What can stop the fuel pump from getting power to it?

• By T-boss 410
      I guess this is one for the general forum. Does anyone experience a  slow turn over by the starter? I had a battery with a bad cell, and it was replaced. It wouldn't even turn over. Now it will start, but I have to hit the key a few times before it will spin over fast enough to start. The battery is a 330cca unit, so I would think that it would easily spin a single cylinder engine. This is for a Massimo T-boss 410. The engine is a 352cc, 25.5hp fuel injected unit. 
      Where should I start looking? It's a 2019 UTV, with only 14.6 hours on it. In my mind, I can only think that the connections somewhere are loose, or the starter is not up to snuff. Could tracing the wires for the starter system be difficult? Is there a way to test the starter?
      Thanks much!
    • By Mark Popeye
      Hi,  Just purchased a 2010 Qlink Frontrunner 700.  Using it to plow my yard (just moved back to NH).  I knew it had starting issues but that was mostly around the starter relay (as shown, when I was looking at it).  I rewired (and soldered) the 4 wires that go to relay, replaced the relay, starter and battery.  It still starts extremely hard but runs great.  I don't know what else to check.  On another topic, which way do wheel hub nuts turn to loosen?  TIA.
    • By [email protected]
      won't  start. I have checked out all electrical components, changed ignition, sensor shift indicator (wires  partially broken off), starter relay, ignition coil, checked for broken wires, none were found.  Fuses good
      won't turnover, took out ECU, and EFI but still getting neutral on display.  key bypassed by machine. Had it running once but nothing for the last 2 weeks.  When running no reverse indicated on display. 

• By Joe in CO
      Hello everyone.  I picked up a 2012 hisun strike 800 UTV.  Previous owner said that it overheated.  They were trying to drive it back to their vehicle and said it just stopped running.  He said he thought it was a blown head gasket.  They replaced fuel pump and looks like a new starter solenoid relay.   It does not have any antifreeze in the oil so don’t think its head gasket (I ordered new ones anyway). It turns over but not with a lot of juice.  (Kind of like an almost dead battery). I put in a new battery but still does the same thing.  Any thoughts?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Clint Osborne
      I have a msu 500 looking to get the ecu flashed I have installed a  jbs clutch kit spring and shims. and a aftermarket muffler thanks in advance
    • By rtate1050
      Hi eveyone. My name is Rich and I'm in central Florida. I just got a Massimo MSU 500 which I'm primarily using for work on my property although I will probably be persuaded to do an occasional trip. I'm not new to motorsports but new to side by sides and off roading  . I hope to speak with some of you and hopefully get some guidance on working on my ride.
      Rich
    • By rtate1050
      Hi to all . My name is  Rich . I've recently purchased a MSU 500  from Massimo in Texas .  So far I'm impressed with the overall quality of the machine . My only real issue so far is that this thing is extremely loud . You can't even carry on a conversation with a passenger without yelling which is annoying. My first plan is to add some Dynamat to the underside of the engine cover and the seats.  I would appreciate it if anyone has this problem and any solutions . Is there anything in the aftermarket for the exhaust system ?
      Other than that I'm pretty happy with it so far.
      Rich
    • By Chris Watts
      Good afternoon wanted to say hello I just picked up a nice 2008 MSU 500 for my kids/teens to drive around. Going to be scouring the forums and bugging a lot of people to get some hopefully easy questions answered. I keep getting told that a lot of the stuff/parts is interchangeable with rhino parts so hopefully that makes things easy if I need to replace items. Thanks for the warm welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    • By Joe Breaux
      Got a 2017 Massimo MSU500 UTV with thermostat malfunction.. hot light comes on in 4-5 minutes but radiator is ice cold... where exactly is it?  The hose neck on the head has nothing in it.  I was told it was down by oil drain plug.. only thing I see is water pump.. Is in inside pump housing?  Cant find any exploded diagrams that show it.. how to I remove it? any help would be appreciated