Quantcast

Seat Belts

Kinarfi

I still have the stock seat belts with the anti sub and the shoulder straps bagged and in the under driver seat storage compartment. When we go for a ride, we are constantly tightening the straps back up. Is this problem for others also. Strongly considering getting some from an auto salvage yard.

Jeff

I still have the stock seat belts with the anti sub and the shoulder straps bagged and in the under driver seat storage compartment. When we go for a ride, we are constantly tightening the straps back up. Is this problem for others also. Strongly considering getting some from an auto salvage yard.

Jeff

And I thought it was just me......

Cinda

I also have replaced mine with Crow Camlock. Got a brand new set off Ebay for $175, about half cost. Love um. Super nice to use, you can easily get them real tight on you and they don't loosen.

The pics show how I mounted my belts both behind the seats and on the sides. The extra tab on the side keeps the belt clip out from under the seat itself when closing the seat.

2569229460104282158bcBkAz_th.jpg

2387091040104282158IqrWnV_th.jpg

Lenny

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Kinarfi, Why no submarine strap?

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

I don't get radical enough and at 6'4", there's not enough room for me to slide down any way, so I figured I didn't need it, but if I do decide to put it in, I can just loop it down through the hole with the stock adjustment buckle.

Funny how different people are. I use it even on the street but not the shoulder belts.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Your so right! we are all a little strange/different, ain't it fun :D , actually, I haven't used the shoulder straps at all yet and carry them in the buggy so I don't lose them and in case I think I need them, I just put them in the photo to show how I modified them to work with my new seat belts, which I replaced because the stockers wouldn't stay tight.

kinarfi

well they held my big dumb butt in while hanging on my side

I don't know you yet, but I don't think I would have put it that way. The fact that they were on and it wasn't your fault, if I remember, does away with the Dumb part. Any way, have you had any trouble with them loosening up as you drive, It was a constant problem for my wife and I, and since we only used the lap belts and they were always getting loose, I replaced them.

Kinarfi

I don't know you yet, but I don't think I would have put it that way. The fact that they were on and it wasn't your fault, if I remember, does away with the Dumb part. Any way, have you had any trouble with them loosening up as you drive, It was a constant problem for my wife and I, and since we only used the lap belts and they were always getting loose, I replaced them.

Kinarfi

Yes they lossen up all the time.

I actually asked some friends on a race car forum that I go on if they had any out of date belts and a friend said he would send me them for free. I figured that I could just pick them up cheap but I think free is really good.

"I think free is really good." It's excellent!!!! I was thinking, if he sends 4 sets,.....oh never mind, I got new ones in and don't wanna do it again. :P:D

well the point is that in race cars the Sfi crt is only good for 2 years so you may ask around maybe free or cheap

• 3 years later...

I used mine for limit straps. IMHO replace with a good set of cam locks. If you can find a local SCCA or NASA racer, they have to replace belts too early per racing rules by both organizations. You can get them really reasonable and they are still great for use in the Trooper.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico