Quantcast

5 seater T2

rocmoc

Why, why, why would you do that. It looks fugly and a disaster waiting to happen. For a start the front and rear wheels have been swapped over, presumably because this would give you more ground clearance when you have a full load of people sitting behind you. The Troopers have plenty of power, just imagine if four mates turn up for a ride and they all weigh the same as you. One, you want to show them what your Trooper can do and two, just how fast the Trooper can do it. Problem is you have 600lbs sitting in the rear and 400lbs in the front. You are going to roll at speed for sure at the 1st corner.

If you want a five seater Trooper buy a T4 and add the bench seat in the rear. If you really want to do this with your T2, don't swap the wheels over for a start. Drop the rear axle, increase the rear tires size, add 2" wheel spacers and get better suspension.

Cheers Mike.

Rocmoc you are right and that's why the spare is a front wheel. Should of said when he replaced the tires with radials, the taller ones went on the front but now think it might be a case of over inflating a front tire and under doing a rear. When you look at Kinarfi's attached photos; top left shows a small rear tire size, top right shows stock set-up, bottom left shows the rear a lot smaller than the front (grab a pen to use as a quick comparison by holding up to the screen) and bottom right shows bigger rears.

I just noticed a roof rack too. Man this thing must be so unsteady fully loaded. I have driven a T4 that was fully loaded with 4 people, two dogs and gear while towing a small trailer with a decent load on it up a rough mountain track only as wide as the T4 in places with huge drop offs and I had nothing but smiles and full admiration for what the T4 can do. A five seater T2 could not do that IMHO.

Some of us have cut off the spare tire bracket to save on un-wanted weight up high, the question is, " how do you reckon this thing would go on one of your tracks with a two seater T2"?

Cheers Mike.

Why would you do that instead of buying a T4? I agree with Brostar install a bench seat in the T4. I'm sorry but that thing looks like an accident waiting to happen and unfortunately its going to be a child in the back that is (IMO) going to get seriously injured or killed. I have a very hard time sometimes understanding stupid people. I wonder if they replaced the rear deck or if it's still plastic.

Why would you do that instead of buying a T4? I agree with Brostar install a bench seat in the T4. I'm sorry but that thing looks like an accident waiting to happen and unfortunately its going to be a child in the back that is (IMO) going to get seriously injured or killed. I have a very hard time sometimes understanding stupid people. I wonder if they replaced the rear deck or if it's still plastic.

Funny thing,I contacted the guy just to find out where he got the bench seat.I had ordered one from joyner to replace the two rear buckets in my T4 but they never sent it.He told me the rear cage with the bench seat was custom made and fastens to the rear same as stock rear cage,on a hinge.He said he is willing to part with the cage and bench seat for 2,400.Cost him over 3k for the seat and custom cage.From what i understand it was for his kids,mentioned the bench seat had the high backs so his kids head would not whip back over the top of the seats as they would in a Rhino or Razr.