Quantcast

READ THIS BEFORE BUYING A MASSIMO

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!

I purchased a Massimo Motors Warrior 700 UTV directly through the company. This unit was listed for sale on Ebay as a company demo with only 77 miles. Prior to bidding on the item, I messaged them through EBay and asked if there was "anything wrong with it and if everything worked properly". I was assured in writing that everything on the UTV was operational AND that it would be inspected before shipping. I also called the number that was in the EBay listing to verify that everything was operational and to make sure the item could be delivered to my land in Missouri. I made it VERY clear that I was not interested in bidding on the item if those two things were not acceptable. I was assured over the phone that everything was operational, that it would be inspected prior to shipping and that delivery to my land in Missouri was perfectly fine.

It was not delivered to the address agreed to by their contact listed in the EBay listing. And when it was received, there were multiple items that were not operational. Items that were defective when it arrived include a headlight, a backup light, both horns, the horn wiring and the parking brake.  They refused to even supply me with replacements for all the defective parts. In response to the BBB, Dave said it was sold without a warrantee.  The listing very clearly stated 180 day warrantee for parts.

In addition, the windshield that was clearly shown on many photos on the listing was not delivered with the UTV. That's correct...THEY STOLE THE WINDSHIELD before shipping the unit to me. The first representative from Massimo Motors told me multiple times that “the company will make things right for me”. He did supply me with a couple parts; which I installed myself. Later, he told me that he is no longer with the company. Dave, the new contact never offered any reasonable solution to any of the remaining issues.

His solution to STEALING THE WINDSHIELD was for me to fabricate one myself.

Unbelievable experience. See files attached.

Hope this helps others from making a BIG MISTAKE.

See photos attached for proof.

If this help, please let my “buddy” at Massimo know why you aren’t buying one.  Here’s his info:

[email protected]

Photo1.JPG

Photo2.JPG

Photo3.JPG

Photo4.JPG

Honestly,if you paid close to the price listed,even with the problems the unit had,I don't think you did too badly.Just going by the asking price on units I see @ tractor supply.

The guys you were dealing with sound like jerks tho.If you bought it thru e-bay,file a complaint,maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

I bought a 2019 T-boss 410 (actually it was an auction) back in December of 2019. Got it for a decent price, as it was also a floor model. When it arrived (that's another story altogether), the roof was missing. It had broken off during the shipping. The shipper was good enough to refund a portion of the shipping fee. I contacted Massimo and advised them that the roof had broken off during shipment, fully expecting to pay for a new one. Not only did they not charge me, they shipped it with no charges, also. The unit was missing a bolt for the hood, which they shipped free, as well. Brandon the tech also sent me electrical schematics via email when I thought I had a problem with the starter. 

I can't explain why you were treated in such a poor manner, but if you haven't received any satisfaction from them, I would contact the BBB. Sometimes they can light a fire under their butts, and you may get at least some sort of satisfaction. 

Chuck_13,

Thanks for the comments.

I didn't think the price was unreasonable at all.  Well, as long as nothing major goes out.  Periodically, it stops running for no reason and then does not start easily.

Based upon my experience though, I have no faith in anything that was portrayed in the listing.  For example, that it only had 77 miles on it. 

After all, there were around a dozen photos showing it had a windshield.  And yet it was NOT sent with one. 

It was portrayed as everything working and that it would be "checked out" before shipping, yet many things were not operation.  And seriously, how difficult is it tell lights, horns and parking brake do not work.

I was assured it would be held until I let them know when to ship it to Missouri.  Then late one evening I got a call from the shipper saying "it's on it's way to be delivered to Minnesota tomorrow".

There are a lot of posts on here discussing the quality and value [or lack there of] of their products.  I was really posting to let people see an example of their Service [how I was treated after the sale].  

Any company can treat people well when things go well.  In my opinion, it is when things do not go well that shows people's true character.

Others can decide if this is the type of company they want to deal with. I personally will never deal with them again.

I can't blame you for your feelings for the company. I dealt with someone else than you did, which may have been the difference. I also understand your doubts for the BBB and the Attorney General. In both cases, I have had good and bad luck. Personally, if you have black and white proof of the issues you are having with Massimo, I would be forwarding that proof to the Texas Attorney General's office. I would gather everything I have, fill out the required forms, and send it to that office, via the internet, of course.  Once the Attorney General receives the information, they will assign it to one of their investigators, who will of course contact Massimo. They don't want the possibility of legal action, nor the negative press it will undoubtedly generate. 

This is all just advice on my part, based on experience with this type of thing. I guess it's just the feeling of retribution for poor treatment from the vendor. But if you get some satisfaction from them, you have also improved the chances that others will be treated more fairly. 

Welcome to the club of dissatisfied Massimo owners.. My 2017  only has 312 miles .. thats all I can get in between 6 trips to repair shops  and waiting months for parts.. The Owner in Dallas admitted to me in email that the HISUN  engines are junk, they dropped them and use Lintao motors now.. And btw..NO THEY WONT FIX THE HISUN JUNK  under any conditions... .. I tried BBB , they are a joke.. Might as well leave a  bad review on Tractor Supply.. [ They will delete it ]   I did however manager to change several buyers minds at Home Depots and Tractor supplys .. After I told them of my experiences with HORRIBLE customer support, and how bad these units are, they all walked away from pursuing any purchase 

• Like 1

That's what I thought also. I turned them into Keith Ellison [Minnesota Attorney General]. I don't have that case number in front of me at the moment.
He sent 3 letters to MassimoMotor.  There was no response to any of them.
I then turned them into Ken Paxton [Texas Attorney General Complaint No: CGS-252348].  Again, no response.
Then the Better Business Bureau [case # 91532456]. Finally a response [albeit absolutely PATHETIC; not to mention in my opinion an outright lie].
The response was "I am sorry but our ebay listings are used or demo units that are sold as is with no warrantee assumed or implied".
Even though I attached a copy of the listing stating very clearly "Warrantee 180 days warranty for parts".
Anyone can search their current listing. Last time I checked they had 14 ATVs/UTVs listed on ebay. Every single one of them still had this same statement of 180 days warrenty for parts.
I reported this back to the BBB. Nreponse back from them either.  Another USELESS organization.

Below is the one to Ken Paxton [Texas Attorney General:
I removed reference to my specific name and address and highlighted some areas I found of interest.

May 1, 2020
Re: Massimo Motor     Complaint No: CGS-252348

Dear xxxxxxx:
Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding a possible violation of consumer protection laws. Consumer complaints help us monitor trends and assist in determining enforcement priorities as we work to protect Texans from deceptive business practices.
We will review the information that you have provided, and will contact you if we need additional information. Otherwise, you will not receive further communication from this office regarding your complaint. We do not represent individuals in personal civil matters, and thus cannot take direct action on every complaint.
Your information will be kept in our files to be used to help us monitor trends in business practices and determine priorities in our enforcement efforts. In matters of statewide significance, or when substantive evidence indicates that a person or business is engaging in widespread violations of Texas law, the Attorney General may take action on behalf of the collective legal interests of the people of this state.
We appreciate your time and interest in preventing consumer law violations and in protecting Texas consumers. We rely on citizens like you to help us enforce the Deceptive Trade Practices Act and other consumer protection laws.

Consumer Protection Division Office of the Attorney General 

I'm sorry, I have been trying to advise you of some way to get what you paid for, but I see you have already tried everything I can think of. I would expect the Texas Attorney General to get some response in your favor. 

I don't know if the same folks are in charge as when I purchased mine, but I am guessing not. They were very accommodating and helpful. The UTV field is very competitive, so if they want to continue, they need to be more consumer friendly. 

Is the picture you have attached the actual unit you purchased?

This Saturday I will bring a camping chair and sit in front of the Massimo unit at Home Depot all day or til they run me off.. Hopefully I can save some prospective buyers the misery of owning these piles of s$#T .. Just my way of saying THANK YOU  to the worst company I have ever dealt with 

Thanks so much for your efforts.  I do appreciate all of your ideas. Appears I went through the same thought process.
Since it was a transaction that took place across state line, I thought the Federal Trade Commission would certainly have the power to do something.  Another complete WASTE of my time.

I've come to accept that I will not get any money from them.  I just took the time to post here to hopefully help others see how I was treated.
The prices on their units out on ebay look attractive.  BUT even though the ads stated 180 warranty for parts, I WOULD CERTAINLY NOT TRUST THEM TO STAND BEHIND ANYTHING.

And yes that is the Warrior 700 that I purchased.  I had never seen one like it before. All of the others that I had seen were either tan or what I call zebra black and white.  This one could be a one-of-a-kind paint job done to look like a small Army jeep for advertising.  That part I felt was cool.  

All the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have managed to dissuade several prospective buyers at both Home Depot and Tractor Supply.. After telling them of the constant problems and  pathetic  NON-EXISTANT service from Massimo , they went off to look at Honda and Kawasaki .. So that gives me a small amount of satisfaction at least.. One guy simply did not believe me, so I offered to sell him my 2017 Massimo with 312 miles on it for $4900 .. THATS HOW BAD I WANT A HONDA .. He came and looked at it... Hes thinking it over .. It is running good at the moment ..

• Like 1

haha.. no, the idiot bought the new Massimo 400 for $9900 anyway... .because, he said.. IT HAS A WARRENTY!!  hahahahaha .....oh well, you cant fix stupid.. at least with mine, most of the problems have been remedied,  as it currently  is running perfectly!..and it was a cheap investment ... Going to the River this weekend, and its going to be upper 90s,  so we shall see how it holds up... cheers

Edited by Joe Breaux
spilled beer laughing too hard
  • Haha 1

I hope it'll hold up for ya. I guess maybe I am particularly interested in your situation since I have a Massimo myself. Mine's been sitting in the garage for a few weeks. Been busy with other things, and I don't deal with the heat too well anymore. Anyway, yesterday I decided to try and start it. I was quite surprised when it started right up. I expected the battery to need a charge. 

Anyway, let me know what happens. 

Thanks!

Yes fan was operating  ...The fan would come on but was Factory set at 210* and would turn off at 190*  at the switch on the radiator on the return side.. .. so how hot was the engine???  .. WAY TOO HOT...    .  New Head, new gasket, new waterpump , oil change .Repairs are now complete, .........And I ran it all weekend and was pleasantly surprised it had no issues except it now developed an exhaust leak.. It did not overheat AT ALL, with fan running 100% of the time.. The exhaust leak appears to be the exhaust pipe is cracking just a few inches from the head..  I put about 30 miles on it on trails on the RIVER . .. Also, I pulled a friends  Kawasaki  SXS out of a big mud hole  on the trails with mine.. I made it thru, he got stuck 

So.....maybe the bugs are all worked out? Maybe it's worth keeping now?

I guess as far as the fan goes, I'm not sure why it was overheating. Is there a thermostat? Is it located in a poor position? I would like more information, so I can see if mine is set up the same way. 

Sounds like you had a good time, and did better than some in your group. 

I hope the bugs are worked out finally .. But I thought that a couple times before, only to be disappointed on the trail   .... There is no thermostat in mine, I m trying to keep the engine temps as low as I can.. NEW CYLINDER HEADS AND LABOR ARENT CHEAP and shops willing to work on these machines are very limited. .. . my original was cracked from all the overheating  or it came cracked from Hisun.. .. We did have fun this weekend as it performed pretty well.. I do recomend you check the temps your fan is set to turn on/off, and if its high like mine. BYPASS THAT SWITCH  to run 100%. I would hate to see you learn the hard way.. Mine is not the only one blowing head gaskets.. there are many  .. Good Luck.. hope you get to enjoy  it..