Quantcast

David Justice

Dave needed master electrical switch Key

Hi. Does anybody have an extra electrical source switch key laying around (for the switch above the battery on the Trooper). I broke mine off in the "off" position and can't find the key "head". Thanks.

Dave

I will pull the one out of my race car and try it to see if in the Trooper. If it does, it is a standard fit. If it will any speed / race site on line can supply you with and new switch. Maybe even just the key. Watch for another post within a couple hours.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

I will pull the one out of my race car and try it to see if in the Trooper. If it does, it is a standard fit. If it will any speed / race site on line can supply you with and new switch. Maybe even just the key. Watch for another post within a couple hours.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Thanks Roc!

Any updates on how JMC is doing now? I need to buy a battery shut-off switch (just for the key) and I'm hesitating ordering based upon what I've read here. Thanks.

I've ordered a few things and had no problems, they sent one wrong item and when I told them, they sent the correct one right out and they paid shipping and I got to keep the wrong item, brake hoses. If I had a complaint, it would be no tracking numbers and I can live with that.

If you do have a problem, mine have been corrected with a phone call.

Kinarfi.

I've ordered a few things and had no problems, they sent one wrong item and when I told them, they sent the correct one right out and they paid shipping and I got to keep the wrong item, brake hoses. If I had a complaint, it would be no tracking numbers and I can live with that.

If you do have a problem, mine have been corrected with a phone call.

Kinarfi.

Ok, thanks for the info Kinarfi.

Hay Kinarfi, You may want to move the Switch Key source to the Parts & Equipment thread.

Thanks, rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Hay Kinarfi, You may want to move the Switch Key source to the Parts & Equipment thread.

Thanks, rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Looking at the pictures of these keys, I would go with the Jegs key because of price and the metal prong, which do you like?

Kinarfi

Jegs and then Pegasus. Agree about the metal pin. I have a Pegasus switch & key in my Race Car. The action of the Pegasus switch is much smoother than the Trooper's switch.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Hi. Does anybody have an extra electrical source switch key laying around (for the switch above the battery on the Trooper). I broke mine off in the "off" position and can't find the key "head". Thanks.

Dave

Harbor Freight has the switch in stock for around 5 dollars

Dave

Take a look at these 3 photos, I don't think this key will break, made it myself.

2984126150104110397mcobHy_th.jpg 2445804670104110397sSQIjx_th.jpg 2528405470104110397szwSGz_th.jpg

Kinarfi

It's funny how and when an idea comes to you! Woke up with this idea.

When Lenny and were out and his key broke and got lost, he moved one of the leads coming of the switch so it was always on.

We have could have used my key to get him started, pull the key and let him run on the alternator, then I could have started and run on my key. If you're worried about recharging the battery after starting, take turns running without the key.

So if you're out with another rig that has the master key, try this. or get a spare key.

Kinarfi